_GOTOBOTTOM
Introductions
If you are new to the network please post a little something here to introduce yourself.
New to the Model World
xShipwrecKx
Visit this Community
Nevada, United States
entire network: 2 Posts
KitMaker Network: 2 Posts
Posted: Saturday, August 13, 2011 - 11:19 PM UTC
Hello everyone. Good to be here.

I have been looking through these forums... as I have taken to this hobby because it interests me.... and to give me something to do to keep me busy. I look forward to my first build (whatever it may be) and to all the feedback and help I will receive.

Very respectfully,
SW
russamotto
Visit this Community
Utah, United States
entire network: 3,389 Posts
KitMaker Network: 625 Posts
Posted: Sunday, August 14, 2011 - 05:21 AM UTC
Welcome to the site, Buz. Good luck choosing and building your first kit. It is a great pastime. You will get all the help you could ever want. There are a lot of very helpful and knowledgeable people at the site. Modeling is a great way to keep busy in a good way, and keep out of trouble, at least until you start buying more and more kits.
TAFFY3
Visit this Community
New York, United States
entire network: 2,531 Posts
KitMaker Network: 290 Posts
Posted: Sunday, August 14, 2011 - 05:30 PM UTC
Hello and welcome Buz, a word of warning, this hobby can become very addictive. The important thing is to have fun. Build what you enjoy, and enjoy what you build. I hope I will soon see something built by you on this site. Al
xShipwrecKx
Visit this Community
Nevada, United States
entire network: 2 Posts
KitMaker Network: 2 Posts
Posted: Monday, August 15, 2011 - 02:09 AM UTC
Thank you for the warm welcome guys! I am looking forward to it being addicting.... it will keep me out of trouble with the ol' lady. After doing some research, I think I have decided on the Model Shipways Sultana as my first introductory build. I will be adding my own personal touches to it.... and through posting my progress on here.... it will open up the door of learning. I am excitied, now only if I were home already.

Very respectfully,
Buz
Delbert
Visit this Community
Pennsylvania, United States
entire network: 2,659 Posts
KitMaker Network: 865 Posts
Posted: Wednesday, September 14, 2011 - 11:54 AM UTC
Howdy

and welcome to the site...

and now for my 2 cents worth..

"always remember, you are your own worst critic"

I know on my builds I have a tendency to see my errors first.

laters
Delbert
Buckeye198
Visit this Community
Ohio, United States
entire network: 596 Posts
KitMaker Network: 94 Posts
Posted: Wednesday, September 14, 2011 - 05:11 PM UTC
Welcome to KitMaker! I looked into the Sultana kit...that'll be fun! I've never worked with wood kits before, just plastic for me, but I'm sure there are plenty of folks here who would be able to help you out there. Be sure to check out the Model Shipwrights site too, given your subject matter. Hope to see the build soon, and welcome again!
 _GOTOTOP