_GOTOBOTTOM
Photography
Questions about shooting your models and dioramas? Ask here.
Finally, a New Camera!
Kencelot
Visit this Community
Florida, United States
entire network: 4,268 Posts
KitMaker Network: 1,174 Posts
Posted: Tuesday, September 23, 2003 - 06:39 AM UTC
I have not posted any new pics of my builds in over a year. Reason being, was my digital camera was dropped and rendered useless last year.
My wife's mother, being the wonderful woman she is, bought us new one this past week. She said she wants new pics of us. Aren't in-laws great?!
It's a Nikon CoolPix 3100, 3.2MP, 3x optical zoom with a macro focus AF down to 1.6 inches. Will be great for lots of model close-ups. I got a mini tripod too.

Before I start posting pics of models, I thought I'd share with you all our morning (and all day for that matter) view over our balcony. It also provided me with an idea as to the camera's capabilities in low light.

Lots of models pics will soon follow.
scoccia
Visit this Community
Milano, Italy
entire network: 2,606 Posts
KitMaker Network: 0 Posts
Posted: Tuesday, September 23, 2003 - 06:53 AM UTC
Kencelot, congratulations for the new camera. I'm sure you will soon starting delighting us with outstanding models pics...
Ciao
keenan
Visit this Community
Indiana, United States
entire network: 5,272 Posts
KitMaker Network: 2,192 Posts
Posted: Tuesday, September 23, 2003 - 06:55 AM UTC
Kencelot,
Man, now I am jealous on so many levels. The camera obviously rocks. The view from your balcony does too. If you are on vacation, well, I am jealous because you are on vacation. If that is the view from your permanent residence, well, then I am really jealous.

Congrats, I guess... #:-) #:-) #:-)

Shaun
DRAGONWAGON
Visit this Community
Noord-Brabant, Netherlands
entire network: 1,041 Posts
KitMaker Network: 298 Posts
Posted: Monday, October 27, 2003 - 07:01 PM UTC
Hi Kencelot,

Stop doing what you're doing!!! Here in Holland it's minus 2c. No palmtrees, and no mother in law with brilliant gifts like yours!
Congrats with the whole package!, and let me know if you want to invite someone for holiday...I'm in!

Greetz, John.
 _GOTOTOP