_GOTOBOTTOM
Modeling in General: Advice on...
Need some general advice? Place it here.
APC 8x8 Suspension
Noddy4000
Visit this Community
England - South West, United Kingdom
entire network: 3 Posts
KitMaker Network: 3 Posts
Posted: Friday, June 24, 2011 - 12:44 PM UTC
Hi folks,

I'm at the beginning of what will be for me a major (and ambitious) effort to create a 1/20 scale model of an APC. It's either going to be the Singaporean Terrex AV81, the German Boxer or the Austrian Pandur II. Not too sure which yet.

I want to start from the wheels/suspension upwards and have been collecting info for about a week now. Although there are tons of excellent, close, detailed pics online showing almost all of each side, top and a little of the undersides of the 3 mentioned, sources showing the details of the actual running gear and what-have-you seems to be rare. The Terrex is the only one for which I seem to be able to get some idea of the layout of the gear. Anyone happen to know of a good online ref' library/source/informant where I might be able to get a bit further?

Many thanks if anyone can help at all.
WARDUKWNZ
Visit this Community
Auckland, New Zealand
entire network: 1,716 Posts
KitMaker Network: 76 Posts
Posted: Friday, June 24, 2011 - 03:00 PM UTC
Hello Martin ,,was looking at AV81 and its suspension ,,looks to me alot like that of the LAV 25 ,,the rear of the LAV is different but the front is very close from the rather small pic you can find on the net ... the Boxer would be easy to up scale ..Hobby Boss has its one out so you could cheat that way

Hope this helps ya out even a little bit

Phill
Noddy4000
Visit this Community
England - South West, United Kingdom
entire network: 3 Posts
KitMaker Network: 3 Posts
Posted: Wednesday, July 20, 2011 - 12:18 PM UTC
Cheers Phill! Yeah does look like it's going to be that route for this project. I've been trawling through stuff when I can (defective pc notwithstanding ) and have been able to get a few more references but not too much.

One source which was really handy was an ex 'grunt' - as he described himself - who posted a really decent thread on his experiences in the Stryker and the differences in kit etc between it and other recent types of IFV.

Not been too well recently so it's going slowly but I hope to have some decent plans and layouts together fairly soon.

Thanks for the suggestion...guess I have to buy another kit. What a shame
 _GOTOTOP