TV, Movies, and Games
Talk about TV, Movies, Gaming or anything entertainment related.
Episode II conversation - with spoilers!
staff_Jim
Staff MemberPublisher
KITMAKER NETWORK
Visit this Community
New Hampshire, United States
entire network: 12,571 Posts
KitMaker Network: 4,397 Posts
Posted: Friday, May 17, 2002 - 09:09 AM UTC
Another thing I realized today is how symbolically similar George ended Episode II and Episode V (TESB). Both Anakin and Luke have lost their right arm/hand and the way Lucas ended Episode II with Anakin and Amidala standing (after presumably taking secret vows) is very reminicent of Luke and Leia standing by the Medical Frigate window staring off into space. My wife tells me too that R2D2 and C3PO are in the scene at the end of Ep II but I couldn't recall that.

Nice George.

Jim
matt
Staff MemberCampaigns Administrator
Visit this Community
New York, United States
entire network: 5,957 Posts
KitMaker Network: 2,626 Posts
Posted: Friday, May 17, 2002 - 09:55 AM UTC
Just got home from the movie... Was it me or is Anikin considerbly taller than "vader"?

Matt
drewgimpy
Visit this Community
Utah, United States
entire network: 835 Posts
KitMaker Network: 350 Posts
Posted: Friday, May 17, 2002 - 01:29 PM UTC
One thing that disapointed me was the finaly music. On the CD there is a really cool, low, rumbling vader corus (you know that they always play when you see vader) but they left that part out in the theater. My wife and I waited until the song was over so we could here it on the awsome theater sound system but that part was cut out. Oh well, thats my only complaint.

I think Yoda went back to his cane and slow walk after the fight to show his humility. He is the one Jedi who is as close to perfect as can be, I just think he is trying to set an exaple of not abusing the force (like anakin did while feeding padmay and he said he would have gotten in trouble if obi saw him do it)
GunTruck
Visit this Community
California, United States
entire network: 5,885 Posts
KitMaker Network: 1,405 Posts
Posted: Saturday, May 18, 2002 - 01:32 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Quoted Text

What I found interesting was Yoda returning to the walking stick after burning up the screen in the duel with Darth Tyrannus. What was up with that!?!

Gunnie

My interpritation of that was that Yoda in some ways is like a superhero. When we saw him pull aside his cloak and ignite his mini-lightsaber it was almost like Superman riping of his shirt and you seeing the "S". Notice how Dooku was taken aback that Yoda could even absorb and deflect his force lightning? Then he was even more surprised that Yoda even "had" a lightsaber. I think Yoda uses these assumptions about his size to throw off his enemies. That is why after the battle he basically went back to being Clark Kent. Ok...a really wise and small Clark Kent.

Jim

I can buy that. With Yoda's advanced age, and his commentary about the increasing arrogance of the Jedi, it would be out of his character to continually tap into the Force to aid him in walking around and such. He would only draw upon it in time of need - like the sabre duel with Count Dooku.

Gunnie
GunTruck
Visit this Community
Posted: Saturday, May 18, 2002 - 01:43 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Quoted Text

What was the name of the Jedi that originally contracted the clone army - Siphideus - pretty close to Sidius to me. He contracted this army, that the Jedi council knew nothing about, and it's ready, guess what, right when they need it.

-Paul

Paul,
I think you may be on to something with this track. But keep in mind that Palpatine was also a Senator from Naboo....so one would assume he had to have come from there at some point. The mystery continues...

Jim

I dunno there. The Jedi Master that contracted the Clone Army was named Sifo-Dyas. Close, but not close enough for me to draw inferrence to Darth Sidious. Anything is possible, but it seems to me that if the Jedi Order had codenamed a Jedi Sifo-Dyas - then at least Yoda and Mace Windu would have known who that Jedi was.

Sure, Darth Sidious could have easily made up an identity as Sifo-Dyas, but that's a stretch. Plot twists and character arcs in all the Star Wars stories aren't complicated.

However, when queried, Jango Fett told Obi-Wan Kenobi that not only did this Sifo-Dyas not hire him to kill Padme Amidala, but he had never heard of him. Obi-Wan did not detect a lie in Jango Fett's response - and Jango Fett is not Force-adept to mask his intentions or motivations. Jango Fett releated he was hired by a man called Tyranus.

It makes more sense that Count Dooku was also Sifo-Dyas - who when leaving the Jedi Order commissioned the Clone Army - under direction of Darth Sidious. All the Jedi have codenames - and no one has called Obi-Wan "Ben" yet. However, no one has called Count Dooku by his codename either. Perhaps the use of a codename is also indicative of rank/status within the Jedi Order - as a Master acheives a certain postion, the use of the codename goes away...

Gunnie
GunTruck
Visit this Community
Posted: Saturday, May 18, 2002 - 01:46 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Another thing I realized today is how symbolically similar George ended Episode II and Episode V (TESB). Both Anakin and Luke have lost their right arm/hand and the way Lucas ended Episode II with Anakin and Amidala standing (after presumably taking secret vows) is very reminicent of Luke and Leia standing by the Medical Frigate window staring off into space. My wife tells me too that R2D2 and C3PO are in the scene at the end of Ep II but I couldn't recall that.

Nice George.

Jim

Yes, R2 and C3PO are there with Luke and Leia at the viewport on the Medical Frigate in the wrapup of ESB. It is symbolically reminiscent - right down to Anakin taking Padme's hand with his mechanical replacement.

I can also hear Elton John singing "The Circle of Life" - ooops - wrong movie!

Gunnie
GunTruck
Visit this Community
Posted: Saturday, May 18, 2002 - 01:47 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Just got home from the movie... Was it me or is Anikin considerbly taller than "vader"?

Matt

I had the opposite impression - he's shorter than Darth Vader

Gunnie
YodaMan
Visit this Community
United States
entire network: 1,561 Posts
KitMaker Network: 485 Posts
Posted: Sunday, May 19, 2002 - 09:40 PM UTC
Whoa, all this Palpatine speculation is heavy....
So what's everyone's favorite part of the movie? Mine starts as soon as you see the words "A long time ago in a galxay far, far away..." and ends when the music stops at the end of the credits. :-)

Seriously though, what did you think of the speeder chase on Courscant? I'll need to see the movie again, it's a little fuzzy in my mind. Supposedly there's an X-wing being chased by TIE fighters somewhere in that sequence. Anyone see it? Me? I dig Courscant. I love seeing more of it in each movie. It reminds me of the good books I've read, with aliens everywhere, crowded streets and all that. Totally cool!

YodaMan
YodaMan
Visit this Community
United States
Posted: Sunday, May 19, 2002 - 09:59 PM UTC

Quoted Text

can also hear Elton John singing "The Circle of Life" - ooops - wrong movie!

Gunnie, don't joke about that, it's not even funny!
Tin_Can
Visit this Community
Florida, United States
entire network: 1,560 Posts
KitMaker Network: 344 Posts
Posted: Sunday, May 19, 2002 - 11:38 PM UTC
Back to the age enhanced cloning questions. I could have swore that the only payment Junga (sp?) Fett asked for when providing himself as a clone was a unaltered clone, Bobba. I take this to mean that he was not time enhanced either.

When I saw it, everyone started cheering as soon as Yoda's lightsaber lept from his belt to hand. Awesome!
GunTruck
Visit this Community
Posted: Sunday, May 19, 2002 - 11:51 PM UTC

Quoted Text

Back to the age enhanced cloning questions. I could have swore that the only payment Junga (sp?) Fett asked for when providing himself as a clone was a unaltered clone, Bobba. I take this to mean that he was not time enhanced either.

When I saw it, everyone started cheering as soon as Yoda's lightsaber lept from his belt to hand. Awesome!

Correct - Jango Fett didn't want his "son" Boba Fett to be age accelerated or altered in any way.

Gunnie
GunTruck
Visit this Community
Posted: Sunday, May 19, 2002 - 11:53 PM UTC

Quoted Text

Quoted Text

can also hear Elton John singing "The Circle of Life" - ooops - wrong movie!

Gunnie, don't joke about that, it's not even funny!

heh heh - where's my Lion King videotape...

Gunnie
drewgimpy
Visit this Community
Utah, United States
entire network: 835 Posts
KitMaker Network: 350 Posts
Posted: Friday, May 24, 2002 - 12:41 PM UTC
I just got a bootleg copy of the movie. the quality isn't that great but heck, I can watch it any time and watch yoda pulling out a can of whip @$$ anytime I want. If anyone needs to be hooked up let me know.
YodaMan
Visit this Community
United States
Posted: Monday, July 29, 2002 - 02:36 AM UTC
And so, Attack of the Clones, sadly, is gone from many theaters. Just like that. BAM it arrives... and POOF it's gone.

Bummer.

The good things are:
1) I saw it seven times (yes SEVEN)
2) it's the coolest SW movie yet (not the best, ESB still holds that title, but AOTC is the coolest)
3) Plenty of cool things to make models of (that is, if anyone actually makes model kits of the stuff) and
4) since it didn't last all that long in the theaters, the sooner we see it on DVD!!!
Pretty much everything I want to build a model of can be found on this webpage. :-)

I've been thinking about the Palpatine theories discussed earlier in the thread. There is just one question that really makes me wonder if Palpatine and Sidious really are the same person. i.e. one acting as the other... That question was asked by my mother (of all people) Behold:
Quoted Text

If Palpatine and Sidious are the same person, how can Palpy be overseeing the Clone army while Sidious greets Lord Tyrannus on the other side of the palnet?

Everyone together now, ::::ahhhhhh::::
Confused you I have, no? It's obvious those two events happen on the same day, very close in time frame to one another. I see no other answer to the question than that Sidious and Palpatine are different people.
MWAAA HAAA HAA HAAAAAAAAA

YodaMan
staff_Jim
Staff MemberPublisher
KITMAKER NETWORK
Visit this Community
New Hampshire, United States
entire network: 12,571 Posts
KitMaker Network: 4,397 Posts
Posted: Monday, July 29, 2002 - 10:16 AM UTC
YM,
Seven times. Good job. Me I was totally bummed when we got out to CA and found that AOTC wasn't playing at any of the nearby theaters. WTF! I saw week grosses were beating Spiderman yet Spidey is still in many theaters! I am suspicious. Perhaps Lucasfilm pulled it with their normal system of re-releasing it once more towards the end of the summer. The real enemy here is the film industry. They are dumping so many lame films into theaters that it's pushing good films out. The dark side of the force is this.

Jim
YodaMan
Visit this Community
United States
Posted: Monday, July 29, 2002 - 10:29 AM UTC
Perhaps Lucasfilm is gearing up for a November 26th release of the AOTC DVD.... Click here. Iy'd be nice, but dosen't seem too likely. From big screen to DVD in 6 months? Well, 4 if you include the two months that the movie was in theaters. Seems like too short of a time to fix up all the deleted scenes and other extras. Believe me, I want to see Ki-Adi and Plo Koon try to infiltrate a droid control ship. And seeing this scene would be pretty cool...
Quoted Text

...supposedly Dooku uses two sabers against Yoda.
Yeah, the film industry gets on my nerves too. "Eight Legged Freaks"? What's up with that ?

YodaMan
TimberWolf
Visit this Community
entire network: 225 Posts
KitMaker Network: 0 Posts
Posted: Tuesday, July 30, 2002 - 10:37 AM UTC
Timber here
IN A COMPUTER NOT FAR AWAY...

Cue music!!!.....................................................................................................I saw AOTC 2 times ,
yoda walks on his cane because he wants people to not know how strong he is???
Hey do you think thell make an epsoide 7,8,9??? or should they leave it alone??
I'd live on that rainy planet.....hmmm... cornio?? witch planet do u like???
Starwars toys sit right next to my models on my computer desk
Boba is COMPLETELY unaccrealated from what Im aware of.
Yoda shure kicked some A.....but