Spare Parts
For non-modeling topics and those without a home elsewhere.
Sources: Al-Qaida head bin Laden dead
Delbert
Visit this Community
Pennsylvania, United States
entire network: 2,659 Posts
KitMaker Network: 865 Posts
Posted: Sunday, May 01, 2011 - 04:23 PM UTC

They say they got him... and recovered the body.... there is going to be an official announcement soon... or so the news channels are saying...

Delbert
Visit this Community
Pennsylvania, United States
entire network: 2,659 Posts
KitMaker Network: 865 Posts
Posted: Sunday, May 01, 2011 - 04:25 PM UTC
President Barack Obama was expected to address the nation on the developments Sunday night.
jashby
Visit this Community
Queensland, Australia
entire network: 278 Posts
KitMaker Network: 29 Posts
Posted: Sunday, May 01, 2011 - 10:23 PM UTC
Seen the news and its good.

Does this mean I can open the emails that say "Osama Bin Laden Dead"?
long_tom
Visit this Community
Illinois, United States
entire network: 2,362 Posts
KitMaker Network: 309 Posts
Posted: Monday, May 02, 2011 - 12:14 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Seen the news and its good.

Does this mean I can open the emails that say "Osama Bin Laden Dead"?

Depends on who they're from.
retiredbee2
Visit this Community
Florida, United States
entire network: 757 Posts
KitMaker Network: 180 Posts
Posted: Monday, May 02, 2011 - 01:15 AM UTC
People on this forum are from all parts of the world, with all sorts of political and religious differences. Most people just want to live in peace and not force their ways on others through terror and murder. Most nations agree that freedom is best with a live and let live attitude. Maybe someday , even supporters of Bin Ladin will realize that the world is better off without him and his brutal doctrine.
Removed by original poster on 05/02/11 - 13:43:19 (GMT).
jashby
Visit this Community
Queensland, Australia
entire network: 278 Posts
KitMaker Network: 29 Posts
Posted: Monday, May 02, 2011 - 05:46 PM UTC
Thanks Tom. So I definately don't open any emails from you .

Not that I don't trust you but us true southerns are a bit wary of you northern types. Something to do with liking the cold in winter and singing about white christmases and dashing through the snow, what ever that is. All injest of course.

Alfred I agree. I find it so amazing sometimes that on this forum everyone from all round the world come together as brothers and the other stuff is left at the door. There is no hatred, racism or political pushing. The rest of the world could learn from this and find something of common ground on which we could all band together on. Respect each other, our differences in culture and laws. If you deal with people from another country then learn their ways so as to aviod offence and be human enough to appologise if you do.
Unfortunately the US has unfairly become the symbol of the decadance and debouchery of our society and bares the brunt of most attacks by all types of radicals.
The death of Bin Laden closes the chapter but unfortunately it doesn't end the story. He changed our world and it will never be as it was before 2001.
melonhead
Visit this Community
Wisconsin, United States
entire network: 662 Posts
KitMaker Network: 120 Posts
Posted: Tuesday, May 03, 2011 - 10:06 AM UTC
unfortunately, terrorism is kind of like religion in the sense that it just doesnt disappear.
religions thrive because of teachings that have a start point. over time, one generation educates the next, and that generation will spread to their siblings etc etc etc.
the radical muslims that thrive off of causing harm and spreading hatred will always thrive because of teachings that get passed down by someone.
just because one person goes away wont make it disappear. terrorism has been around a long time and it isnt just going to be gone one day.
as its been said, it ends a chapter, but doesnt end the book.
retiredyank
Visit this Community
Arkansas, United States
entire network: 11,610 Posts
KitMaker Network: 3,657 Posts
Posted: Wednesday, May 04, 2011 - 12:33 PM UTC
So, my mother doesn't think we should rejoice, now that bin Laden is dead. My only complaint is that we didn't get the opportunity to drench him in napalm and light his cigarette.
lukiftian
Visit this Community
British Columbia, Canada
entire network: 791 Posts
KitMaker Network: 198 Posts
Posted: Wednesday, May 04, 2011 - 02:14 PM UTC
Dude, Bin Laden has been dead since 2001-2. He died of kidney failure, so his death is old news, in fact-- it's old news in Arabic.
Don't know who they offed in Pakistan though, the neighbors are calling shenanigans. My guess is he was a Taliban leader (although it's only a guess), and they decided to 'sex up' the hit.
retiredbee2
Visit this Community
Florida, United States
entire network: 757 Posts
KitMaker Network: 180 Posts
Posted: Thursday, May 05, 2011 - 03:16 AM UTC
Kevin.......... Nothing really surprises me any more. I have my doubts, whether this guy they got was Bin Laden. So do millions of Americans and millions of other people in the world. It will most likely remain a mystery , like the Kennedy assassination, or whatever happened to Adolf Hitler. If it brings closure to some people then I suppose it is a good thing.......... Now lets go get the rest of his cronies.
lukiftian
Visit this Community
British Columbia, Canada
Posted: Thursday, May 05, 2011 - 08:15 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Kevin.......... Nothing really surprises me any more. I have my doubts, whether this guy they got was Bin Laden. So do millions of Americans and millions of other people in the world. It will most likely remain a mystery , like the Kennedy assassination, or whatever happened to Adolf Hitler. If it brings closure to some people then I suppose it is a good thing.......... Now lets go get the rest of his cronies.

Actually, I think it's a face-saving propaganda op to be developed as a exit strategy for Afghanistan, so yes. it's ultimately a good thing, except for the poor guy they might have wasted.... but in fact I don't think anyone died in that house at all except a bunch of O+ bags. As it was literally under their noses I can't believe the ISI wasn't involved in this as well, if only looking the other way whilst it was done.
I'd like to think this is like what the Germans did to invade Poland in reverse-- instead of starting a war, they're trying to end one, and avoid another. The reason for this is simply that maintaining the Afpak situation is too expensive,.
mauserman
Visit this Community
Maryland, United States
entire network: 1,183 Posts
KitMaker Network: 496 Posts
Posted: Thursday, May 05, 2011 - 09:40 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Dude, Bin Laden has been dead since 2001-2. He died of kidney failure, so his death is old news, in fact-- it's old news in Arabic.
Don't know who they offed in Pakistan though, the neighbors are calling shenanigans. My guess is he was a Taliban leader (although it's only a guess), and they decided to 'sex up' the hit.

So what is your source for this info?
mockba
Visit this Community
Alabama, United States
entire network: 9 Posts
KitMaker Network: 7 Posts
Posted: Thursday, May 05, 2011 - 12:38 PM UTC

Quoted Text

Quoted Text

I too would like to know your source for this info. My dad still carries above top-secret clearance and this is the first he's ever heard.
lukiftian
Visit this Community
British Columbia, Canada
Posted: Friday, May 06, 2011 - 09:54 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Quoted Text

Which info are you referring to? Can you read Arabic or Urdu? If you can't what does it matter to you what my source was, you won't be able to read it.

Why do you so desperately need to believe the 'official narrative', when it's so poorly put together? I don't mind being lied to, but what I don't like is shoddy craftsmanship and wretched quality control that insults my intelligence when the media consortium expects me to believe it. If this story was a car it would be a Trabant, a bad fiberglass copy of an already defective product.,

In fact, I think all that was killed at that compound were several bags of blood.

In other news, Bigfoot was killed in Japan!

www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pfek1s1iRXE
lukiftian
Visit this Community
British Columbia, Canada
Posted: Friday, May 06, 2011 - 10:01 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Quoted Text

Quoted Text

I too would like to know your source for this info. My dad still carries above top-secret clearance and this is the first he's ever heard.

Have you a need to know?
I can't speak for your dad's clearance, but I think he holds too much credence in it. It might surprise you that what is 'above top secret' in the US intel community started out as common knowledge somewhere else.
retiredyank
Visit this Community
Arkansas, United States
Posted: Friday, May 06, 2011 - 09:43 PM UTC
It sounds as though you can't defend your sources. There is this nifty thing that can translate foreign languages and script. Oh, I heard that the lok ness monster had twins. Can your infinite amount of sources defend or debase this?
mauserman
Visit this Community
Maryland, United States
Posted: Saturday, May 07, 2011 - 12:08 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Quoted Text

Quoted Text

Which info are you referring to? Can you read Arabic or Urdu? If you can't what does it matter to you what my source was, you won't be able to read it.

Why do you so desperately need to believe the 'official narrative', when it's so poorly put together? I don't mind being lied to, but what I don't like is shoddy craftsmanship and wretched quality control that insults my intelligence when the media consortium expects me to believe it. If this story was a car it would be a Trabant, a bad fiberglass copy of an already defective product.,

In fact, I think all that was killed at that compound were several bags of blood.

In other news, Bigfoot was killed in Japan!

www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pfek1s1iRXE
size=1 color=#353535>

I was referring to your remark about bin Laden being dead since 2001. And no, I can't read Arabic or Udu, and quite frankly I doubt that you can either. But like has been said, there are a number of translators available on the net so please feel free to supply some sources.
lukiftian
Visit this Community
British Columbia, Canada
Posted: Saturday, May 07, 2011 - 07:19 AM UTC

Quoted Text

It sounds as though you can't defend your sources. There is this nifty thing that can translate foreign languages and script. Oh, I heard that the lok ness monster had twins. Can your infinite amount of sources defend or debase this?

Well, then I'm on par with the US government, aren't I? They can't defend theirs either!

But there is thisss...;.

www.youtube.com/watch?v=SDTEEXG3ge8

Another voice from the grave... granted she might be a 'conspiracy theorist', or lying, or deluded, but she also was a head of state in the area and the casual way she said Bin Laden was dead in 2007!!! suggests she believed what she was saying was a matter of fact.

lukiftian
Visit this Community
British Columbia, Canada
Posted: Saturday, May 07, 2011 - 07:38 AM UTC
Carey, I don't have to prove anything the US government refuses to, because I'm not prancing around saying I entered a sovereign state and assassinated some shmuck a short drive from their capital!

Aren't there international laws against that?

Besides, I`m (finally) on the same page as the US Gov. OBL is dead dead dead.

I'll tell you one thing though-- I've been to Pakistan (although not lately) and you evidentially never have.

Pakistan is a NUCLEAR ARMED STATE, and their military and intel communities are factionalized in ways you can barely understand should you be willing to (which I doubt), but one thing for sure is that the US ``presence`` in the area is starting to really annoy them, and when these people get annoyed. rash things happen.

Now I hardly think anyone there is going to deliberately push a button and make some sitting duck US carrier group disappear in a flash of light... but when you agitate people--- accidents happen!

lukiftian
Visit this Community
British Columbia, Canada
Posted: Saturday, May 07, 2011 - 07:54 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Apparently, while the Loch Monster was having twins, the Scottish government rowed over and killed it! Unfortunately, it sank to the bottom, so the body was never recovered.

But they did have time to do a DNA test, so they`re sure it was Bi--- I mean the `Loch Ness Monster`.

It`s true! I saw it on FOX!
mauserman
Visit this Community
Maryland, United States
Posted: Saturday, May 07, 2011 - 09:18 AM UTC
I'm sorry Kevin. I should never have doubted you. After all, you saw it on Youtube.
lukiftian
Visit this Community
British Columbia, Canada
Posted: Saturday, May 07, 2011 - 09:31 AM UTC

Quoted Text

I'm sorry Kevin. I should never have doubted you. After all, you saw it on Youtube.

That`s a pretty lame riposte, Carey. Is that the best you can do...

You never really answered the question-- why do you have such a desperate need to buy into this shabby bill of goods your government is selling you...
retiredyank
Visit this Community
Arkansas, United States
Posted: Saturday, May 07, 2011 - 09:46 AM UTC
All right, I'll just say it. I don't believe you. It would seem that the rest of the world does not believe you either. Not one person has stepped up to defend your claim and propoganda runs rampant the entire world over. This includes Pakistan. If they convince their citizens that Bin Laden is dead, then they will have full support from their country when they decide to push America out. It's called plausible deniability. Besides, Akmajinibad was a puppet ruler put in place years ago by, you guessed it, the United States.
mauserman
Visit this Community
Maryland, United States
Posted: Saturday, May 07, 2011 - 12:14 PM UTC

Quoted Text

Quoted Text

That`s a pretty lame riposte, Carey. Is that the best you can do...

You never really answered the question-- why do you have such a desperate need to buy into this shabby bill of goods your government is selling you...

Your responses have been pretty lame as well. I asked you to provide the source for your info. Your response was that I probably couldn't read your source because, supposedly, I couldn't read Arabic or Udu. I asked you to send your sources on and I would use a translator program to read it. Your response was to refer me to a Youtube video. So far you haven't provided me proof of anything except that you can initiate a search on Youtube.

And I have no "desperate need to buy into this shabby bill of goods your government is selling you". Actually I doubt almost everything that the government tries to ram down my throat. But conspiracy theorists such as yourself just really frost my butt. You latch onto the most ludicrous explanations of events that you can find on the internet that ever so slightly agree with your beliefs and then you run with them. So please, get off of the computer and go pick up a comic book. You'll probably have a much better grasp of reality after reading a few of those.

Oh, and try and spell my name correctly if you choose to respond.