Spare Parts
For non-modeling topics and those without a home elsewhere.
Sources: Al-Qaida head bin Laden dead
retiredyank
Visit this Community
Arkansas, United States
entire network: 11,610 Posts
KitMaker Network: 3,657 Posts
Posted: Saturday, May 07, 2011 - 12:23 PM UTC
[quoteYou latch onto the most ludicrous explanations of events that you can find on the internet that ever so slightly agree with your beliefs and then you run with them.[/quote]
This is how terrorists recruit suicide bombers. Convince them that their beliefs are the same and ordained by a god. What greater glory than to sacrifice yourself for false beliefs in false gods.
lespauljames
Visit this Community
England - South West, United Kingdom
entire network: 3,661 Posts
KitMaker Network: 399 Posts
Posted: Saturday, May 07, 2011 - 10:19 PM UTC
Kevin , i would advise Canning it. you are digging yourself into a hole.

al qieda (sp) have Recently Released a statment saying bin laden was killed, and that there will be retaliation attacks.
i would be very surprised that he was dead before, as there were no attacks on the scale of 9/11 of equal, there have of course been the usualy rumblings and bombings, but nothing to equal the death and rememberance of an extremist leader. im sure the extremists would have mounted a huge operation, as they probably will now.
although hopefully with the large intelligence haul, the sect will be ironed out relatively soon.
lukiftian
Visit this Community
British Columbia, Canada
entire network: 791 Posts
KitMaker Network: 198 Posts
Posted: Monday, May 09, 2011 - 07:17 AM UTC

Quoted Text

All right, I'll just say it. I don't believe you. It would seem that the rest of the world does not believe you either. Not one person has stepped up to defend your claim and propoganda runs rampant the entire world over. This includes Pakistan. If they convince their citizens that Bin Laden is dead, then they will have full support from their country when they decide to push America out. It's called plausible deniability. Besides, Akmajinibad was a puppet ruler put in place years ago by, you guessed it, the United States.

Parading your ignorance around is no way to convince me, Matt. I don't care if you believe me or not, but---
The President of Pakistan is Asif Ali Zadari
The Prime Minister of Pakistan is Yousaif Raza Gillani

I'm not sure who you're talking about, but I believe you're confusing these men with the president of Iran, whose name you have misspelled. Of course it's sounding like all these guys are interchangeable to you, aren't they?

Quoted Text

Your responses have been pretty lame as well. I asked you to provide the source for your info. Your response was that I probably couldn't read your source because, supposedly, I couldn't read Arabic or Udu. I asked you to send your sources on and I would use a translator program to read it. Your response was to refer me to a Youtube video. So far you haven't provided me proof of anything except that you can initiate a search on Youtube.

And I have no "desperate need to buy into this shabby bill of goods your government is selling you". Actually I doubt almost everything that the government tries to ram down my throat. But conspiracy theorists such as yourself just really frost my butt. You latch onto the most ludicrous explanations of events that you can find on the internet that ever so slightly agree with your beliefs and then you run with them. So please, get off of the computer and go pick up a comic book. You'll probably have a much better grasp of reality after reading a few of those.

Oh, and try and spell my name correctly if you choose to respond.

Sorry, Carey, I didn't mean to spell your name wrong the first time.

As for your reply, it's basically wild speculation in itself and an ad hominem attack. Obviously I hit a nerve because you've gotten very upset. And in fact your desperate need to believe what your government is ramming down your throat (which you are evidently smiling and liking) is showing itself quite prominently.
It wouldn't matter if I gave you all the evidence in the world, you'd simply gainsay it, because you're a coincidence theorist and in denial about this (and perhaps other, more personal things). The difference between you and me Carey, is that if I'm wrong about what I see right in front of my face, I won't lose any sleep over it, while you Carey, when you finally admit you're wrong, most definitely will. You will lose a lot of sleep, mark my words on that.

Quoted Text

Kevin , i would advise Canning it. you are digging yourself into a hole.

al qieda (sp) have Recently Released a statment saying bin laden was killed, and that there will be retaliation attacks.
i would be very surprised that he was dead before, as there were no attacks on the scale of 9/11 of equal, there have of course been the usualy rumblings and bombings, but nothing to equal the death and rememberance of an extremist leader. im sure the extremists would have mounted a huge operation, as they probably will now.
although hopefully with the large intelligence haul, the sect will be ironed out relatively soon.

James, please quit boring me. Al Qaeda is a CIA front operation ( the name is colloquial for 'the toilet' in Arabic), so it doesn't matter if 'they' (whoever they might be) say the moon is made out of gold nuggets and green cheese. And please don't bore me further that I should prove this, why don't you who seem so much in the know prove otherwise.

It's pretty ironic that all of you are accusing me of wild beliefs and conspiracy theories when I'm actually being skeptical of sources of information the rest of you take at face value.

Here's a little more...

What does the word "Al-Qaeda" mean ? In Arabic, "Al-Qaeda" has a different meanings, among them “Base", "Ground", "Norm", "Rule", "Fundament", "Grammar". The exact meaning is dependent on the context in which it is used. It depends on the word which follows “Al-Qaeda” in the sentence. "Qawa'ad Askaria" is an Army Base, "Qawa'ad Lugha" stands for Grammar Rules (the Bases of Grammar).

"Qa'ada" is the infinitive of the verb "to sit". "Ma-Qa'ad" is a chair. "Al-Qaeda" is the base or fundament of something. "Ana raicha Al Qaeda" is colloquial for "I'm going to the toilet". A very common and widespread use of the word “Al-Qaeda” in different Arab countries in the public language is for the toilet bowl. This name comes from the Arabic verb “Qa'ada” which mean “to sit”, pertinently, on the “Toilet Bowl”. In most Arabs homes there are two kinds of toilets: “Al-Qaeda” also called the "Hamam Franji" or foreign toilet, and "Hamam Arabi" or “Arab toilet” which is a hole in the ground. Lest we forget it, the potty used by small children is called "Ma Qa'adia" or "Little Qaeda".

Now if you'll excuse me I have to go to the Al Qaeda.
lespauljames
Visit this Community
Posted: Monday, May 09, 2011 - 07:48 AM UTC
so who caused 9/11?
lukiftian
Visit this Community
British Columbia, Canada
Posted: Monday, May 09, 2011 - 08:03 AM UTC

Quoted Text

so who caused 9/11?

Who caused it? We all did.

Who committed the act? Now that's another story, one you know the answer to, if you'll only lift the scales from your eyes.

If you don't, perhaps 'austerity measures' coupled with another ice cold winter in the UK will....
Perhaps being arrested for not tying your shoes properly will.
Perhaps living in a box because you've been foreclosed upon will.
Perhaps having your pension confiscated 'in the national interest' will.
Perhaps watching the chocolate ration go up to 25 grams from 50 grams will (because down is really up, and it's crazy and illegal to believe otherwise)
Perhaps paying 14 pounds for a liter of petrol and 20 for a liter of expired milk will.

On the other hand, maybe these won't either. It's really up to you.
CReading
Visit this Community
California, United States
entire network: 1,726 Posts
KitMaker Network: 558 Posts
Posted: Monday, May 09, 2011 - 09:19 AM UTC
Wow! to this whole thread!! It's amazing

Kevin,
You seem well read and have the answers
Who killed JFK?
Was the space shuttle an inside job?
Rosicrucianism ?
Dennis Kucinich, the antichrist?

Lespaul James,
Short answer: Global warming (the reason behind everything)

Time to lighten up........
Back to eating my government gruel
Cheers,
C.
Kelley
Visit this Community
Georgia, United States
entire network: 1,966 Posts
KitMaker Network: 297 Posts
Posted: Monday, May 09, 2011 - 09:31 AM UTC
Guys, best to just let it go...he feeds on this stuff.
lespauljames
Visit this Community
Posted: Monday, May 09, 2011 - 10:06 AM UTC
ahh, global warming! also the cause of the berlin blockade, and the grimsby 1994 by election.
Evil, Evil thing XD
lukiftian
Visit this Community
British Columbia, Canada
Posted: Monday, May 09, 2011 - 01:58 PM UTC

Quoted Text

[quoteYou latch onto the most ludicrous explanations of events that you can find on the internet that ever so slightly agree with your beliefs and then you run with them.

This is how terrorists recruit suicide bombers. Convince them that their beliefs are the same and ordained by a god. What greater glory than to sacrifice yourself for false beliefs in false gods.[/quote]

You're absolutely correct Matt.

lukiftian
Visit this Community
British Columbia, Canada
Posted: Monday, May 09, 2011 - 02:22 PM UTC

Quoted Text

Wow! to this whole thread!! It's amazing

Kevin,
You seem well read and have the answers
Who killed JFK?
Was the space shuttle an inside job?
Rosicrucianism ?
Dennis Kucinich, the antichrist?

Lespaul James,
Short answer: Global warming (the reason behind everything)

Time to lighten up........
Back to eating my government gruel
Cheers,
C.

I don't have the answers, but I have a lot of questions some guys get uncomfortable about.

Here's one-- Al Qaeda. Let's assume for the moment they are what they say they are--- a gang of ruthless terrorist criminals. Why does that make them trustworthy? If they're CRIMINALS and TERRORISTS they're probably LIARS as well. Why trust anything they say?

As for your questions--- JFK? Who didn't want him dead (except Marilyn Monroe)? As I recall he wasn't the most popular president, almost as bad as Obama!

The Space Scuttle? which one? Werner von Braun despised the Space Shuttle-- he called it a 'kluge'. Maybe it was him, but I think the vehicle was overengineered and difficult to maintain. That killed both of them.

What about Rosicrucianism? I'd considered joining AMORC but it just seemed like a bunch of old farts pretending to be something they weren't. The AMORC is more likely a recruiting zone for other groups anyway, however their teachings are interesting, if you like PM me and I'll send you a reading list.

As I'm Canadian, I don't know or care much about Dennis Kucinich. I think the closest thing to an antichrist around is probably Justin Bieber.
I do like Pat Buchanan, however.

As for global warming, we've had the best skiing season ever around here! If that's global warming, turn up the heat!
lukiftian
Visit this Community
British Columbia, Canada
Posted: Monday, May 09, 2011 - 02:25 PM UTC

Quoted Text

Guys, best to just let it go...he feeds on this stuff.

I have to admit, it's fun! Not as fun as building an AFV Club HVSS set, but fun!
CReading
Visit this Community
Posted: Monday, May 09, 2011 - 02:47 PM UTC

Quoted Text

I think the closest thing to an antichrist around is probably Justin Bieber.

Kevin,
You won me over with this one.
Send me the directions for my aluminum head shield

Cheers,
Charles
retiredyank
Visit this Community
Arkansas, United States
entire network: 11,610 Posts
KitMaker Network: 3,657 Posts
Posted: Tuesday, May 10, 2011 - 12:48 AM UTC
so, can rabble rousers be banned from the forums?
CReading
Visit this Community
Posted: Tuesday, May 10, 2011 - 02:24 AM UTC

Quoted Text

so, can rabble rousers be banned from the forums?

Well Matt, that depends. If the person you feel is a "rabble rouser" is out of line and using the forum to perpetuate flame wars then the moderators can make a judgment call.
If the person simply has a different opinion of things (however far 'left field' ) and the thread progresses without profanity or name calling then there doesn't seem to be any reason for anyone to be 'banned'

This is the Spare Parts forum where most non-model related topics can be discussed . As long as the discourse remains on an adult level I believe no one should fear being 'banned' for their opinions.

Cheers,
Charles
exer
Visit this Community
Dublin, Ireland
entire network: 6,048 Posts
KitMaker Network: 845 Posts
Posted: Tuesday, May 10, 2011 - 09:51 AM UTC
What a boring place Armorama woul;d be if everyone agreed with everyone else
c5flies
Visit this Community
entire network: 3,684 Posts
KitMaker Network: 411 Posts
Posted: Tuesday, May 10, 2011 - 03:21 PM UTC
I agree Pat
mauserman
Visit this Community
Maryland, United States
entire network: 1,183 Posts
KitMaker Network: 496 Posts
Posted: Wednesday, May 11, 2011 - 03:00 AM UTC

Quoted Text

But you have to admit that even though the opinions stated in the thread were very different, the discussion stayed civil. I've seen threads on this topic on several websites over the past few days and almost all of them have been locked or deleted. So at least we have been playing nicely.

Now if Kevin could just learn to spell my name correctly...
arpikaszabo
Visit this Community
Praha, Czech Republic
entire network: 674 Posts
KitMaker Network: 33 Posts
Posted: Wednesday, May 11, 2011 - 04:02 AM UTC
And now his son is on the loose, thirsting for vengeance. They could make an entire B-movie franchise out of this, like Enter the Ninja. Or, if Kevin is right on this one, we have the source of the plot
retiredbee2
Visit this Community
Florida, United States
entire network: 757 Posts
KitMaker Network: 180 Posts
Posted: Wednesday, May 11, 2011 - 04:19 AM UTC
Obama eliminated......Us wins. Obama gives the order .....Obama wins, big hero.................but did he have any choice? Imagine the political backlash that there would be if he did nothing and it got out that the US knew where he was and did not intervene....................Hows that for rabble rousing ?
exer
Visit this Community
Dublin, Ireland
entire network: 6,048 Posts
KitMaker Network: 845 Posts
Posted: Wednesday, May 11, 2011 - 08:23 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Obama eliminated......Us wins. Obama gives the order .....Obama wins, big hero.................but did he have any choice? Imagine the political backlash that there would be if he did nothing and it got out that the US knew where he was and did not intervene....................Hows that for rabble rousing ?

Freudian slip there?
lukiftian
Visit this Community
British Columbia, Canada
Posted: Wednesday, May 11, 2011 - 08:36 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Quoted Text

Freudian slip there?

Yeah, really...

They're already talking exit strategy from Afghanistan, as predicted. Some generals are saying however, it might better to stick around and pound sand, but generals are like that.
lukiftian
Visit this Community
British Columbia, Canada
Posted: Wednesday, May 11, 2011 - 09:55 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Quoted Text

But you have to admit that even though the opinions stated in the thread were very different, the discussion stayed civil. I've seen threads on this topic on several websites over the past few days and almost all of them have been locked or deleted. So at least we have been playing nicely.

Now if Kevin could just learn to spell my name correctly...

OK Cary, this probably isn't good enough for you either but...

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,41576,00.html

Do check the date
retiredbee2
Visit this Community
Florida, United States
entire network: 757 Posts
KitMaker Network: 180 Posts
Posted: Wednesday, May 11, 2011 - 10:22 AM UTC
OK......... Freudian slip on where my sentiments are................but my point was, did Obama act on his own intention or was he in a position where he had no choice.
lukiftian
Visit this Community
British Columbia, Canada
Posted: Wednesday, May 11, 2011 - 11:48 AM UTC

Quoted Text

OK......... Freudian slip on where my sentiments are................but my point was, did Obama act on his own intention or was he in a position where he had no choice.

I don't believe your president has much of a choice in anything he does, unfortunately he does pretty much as he's told. I hope that changes, I rather like him otherwise.

It must be like having Londo Mollari for president.
tankfixer
Visit this Community
Missouri, United States
entire network: 283 Posts
KitMaker Network: 167 Posts
Posted: Thursday, May 12, 2011 - 09:31 PM UTC

Quoted Text

so who caused 9/11?

Whew I better not touch that one.