Spare Parts
For non-modeling topics and those without a home elsewhere.
FREEEEEEEEEEDOM!!!!!!!!!
retiredyank
Visit this Community
Arkansas, United States
entire network: 11,610 Posts
KitMaker Network: 3,657 Posts
Posted: Saturday, February 12, 2011 - 11:37 AM UTC
Hisham, I was overjoyed to hear Mubarak stepped down. The way your military handled the transition speaks well of Egypt and shows that it is ripe for democracy. As the free world says, freedom isn't free. Glad you made it.
35th-scale
Visit this Community
Kildare, Ireland
entire network: 3,212 Posts
KitMaker Network: 250 Posts
Posted: Sunday, February 13, 2011 - 08:16 AM UTC
Glad to hear you're safe and well Hisham and congratulations to all in your historic country. Now starts another chapter....
jphillips
Visit this Community
Arizona, United States
entire network: 1,066 Posts
KitMaker Network: 55 Posts
Posted: Tuesday, February 15, 2011 - 05:32 PM UTC
Hi Hisham,
I'm glad to hear you're well. Congratulations, on the victory you and your countrymen have gained over tyranny. I hope you'll have a new constitution soon, to make sure no future government can ever take away your newly-won freedom.
Torchy
Visit this Community
England - East Anglia, United Kingdom
entire network: 2,016 Posts
KitMaker Network: 237 Posts
Posted: Wednesday, February 16, 2011 - 07:04 AM UTC
Hey Hisham
Glad to know that you and your family are safe and living in freedom
Andy
jimb
Visit this Community
New York, United States
entire network: 2,539 Posts
KitMaker Network: 263 Posts
Posted: Thursday, February 17, 2011 - 01:16 AM UTC
Hisham, it looks like Egypt's "revolution" is spreading through the region. This is good for the people of the Middle East, but be careful!! Now is the time when the Islamo-facists will strike in a power bid.

Jim
Hisham
Visit this Community
Al Qahirah, Egypt / لعربية
entire network: 6,856 Posts
KitMaker Network: 276 Posts
Posted: Thursday, February 17, 2011 - 04:39 AM UTC
Thank you all for your good wishes!

As for a radical Islamic Group trying to take over, I can speak for Egypt and say that the vast majority of Egyptians are against radicalism in Islam, and any radical group that tries to take power will be a small minority AND they will have to fight against both the people and the army.. so there's really no chance of that happening.

What the people are afraid of is a counter revolution by the leftovers of the Mubarak regime.. and maybe even an attempt to bring Mubarak back somehow. There are already organized efforts trying to show Mubarak as an innocent victim in all of this and that the people around him were the corrupt ones who ruined the country!

Anyway, I'm going down to Tahrir Square tomorrow to join the first post-Mubarak demonstration/march to celebrate the "victory" and to re-assert the people's demands and to confirm our commitment to a REAL process of change. I hope it doesn't get violent.. I'm just too old to run around trying to dodge stones.. or possibly bullets.. I hope not

Wish us luck
Hisham
05Sultan
Visit this Community
California, United States
entire network: 2,870 Posts
KitMaker Network: 1,044 Posts
Posted: Thursday, February 17, 2011 - 11:52 AM UTC
First, be carefull out there! Next, that is a good outlook for non-radical government. Where do your leaders of finance,agriculture,manufacturing, judicial, and military favor as for form of of government? Elections?
I ask this as there is no mention of it on our (US) news. Some people's champion needs to step up to the task soon as evil likes to fill voids rather quickly..............
Verry happy for your new freedom! Keeping it is an everyday task.
Cheers!
Rick
retiredbee2
Visit this Community
Florida, United States
entire network: 757 Posts
KitMaker Network: 180 Posts
Posted: Thursday, February 17, 2011 - 12:35 PM UTC
As I mentioned before , the war is not over and it seems like many of your neighboring countries are joining in. Prayers to all of you out there , that the streets in the Middle East will someday be free from terror and that you and your families can enjoy life without worrying whether or not some bomb will blow up and kill you or your loved ones. All of the sane people of the world want the same thing......peace, and to live and let live regardless of their politics. Again, congratulations for having the courage to stand up against dictators. Only in theory (The enemy of my enemy, is my friend). In the long run this kind of thinking has turned against the US . I think especially in Afghanistan. I am proud of my country, but sometimes mistakes are made.
lukiftian
Visit this Community
British Columbia, Canada
entire network: 791 Posts
KitMaker Network: 198 Posts
Posted: Thursday, February 17, 2011 - 06:22 PM UTC
CBC has been pretty good about keeping abreast about what's been going on. We get Al-Jazeera here too.
Great photos, glad you're OK.
Hisham
Visit this Community
Al Qahirah, Egypt / لعربية
entire network: 6,856 Posts
KitMaker Network: 276 Posts
Posted: Friday, February 18, 2011 - 03:04 AM UTC
Just a couple of pics from the celebration today... I think there was a million people down at Tahrir Square when I was there. I wish I could have stayed, but age and diabetes get in the way

I have some videos too, but I don't know how to post them here.

I hope these pics I'm posting are not a problem for the site.. Let me know if they are.

And thank you for allowing me to express my happiness!!

Hisham
jphillips
Visit this Community
Arizona, United States
entire network: 1,066 Posts
KitMaker Network: 55 Posts
Posted: Saturday, February 19, 2011 - 09:10 AM UTC

Quoted Text

CBC has been pretty good about keeping abreast about what's been going on. We get Al-Jazeera here too.
Great photos, glad you're OK.

I wish our cable provider here in Arizona (ComCast) would carry al Jazeera English, I've written them asking them to, but so far I've had no luck getting anyone to listen to me. At least I have live stream on the Internet. Pretty much all the Americans I talk to, of every ideology, seem to agree that our country's news broadcasts are insubstantial, sort of like fast food. To really learn about what's going on overseas, we have to check out foreign channels or news websites.
spongya
Staff MemberAssociate Editor
MODELGEEK
Visit this Community
Budapest, Hungary
entire network: 2,365 Posts
KitMaker Network: 474 Posts
Posted: Monday, February 21, 2011 - 09:31 AM UTC
I hope you guys can finally take your fate in your own hands.
Herchealer
Visit this Community
Indiana, United States
entire network: 1,523 Posts
KitMaker Network: 626 Posts
Posted: Thursday, March 17, 2011 - 02:08 PM UTC
Where is HISHAM's original post. I cannot see it???

watson
Visit this Community
Alabama, United States
entire network: 11 Posts
KitMaker Network: 8 Posts
Posted: Tuesday, March 22, 2011 - 12:35 PM UTC
Congrats to You and the heroic people of Egypt, just remember, Freedom is 'NOT' Free