_GOTOBOTTOM
Modeling in General: Advice on...
Need some general advice? Place it here.
tiny little parts
whiterook
Visit this Community
Colorado, United States
entire network: 263 Posts
KitMaker Network: 0 Posts
Posted: Tuesday, September 02, 2003 - 03:52 PM UTC
Guys & gals:
I'm building a 1/72 F86F, I pre-assembled the cockpit,but when I glued the 2 fuselage 1/2 togeather the gauges on both side of theseat fell off. Short of pulling the halfs apart how can I get those little bastards back in.

capnjock
Visit this Community
United States
entire network: 860 Posts
KitMaker Network: 340 Posts
Posted: Tuesday, September 02, 2003 - 04:49 PM UTC
Pretend they just were not there to begin with. Honestly, something that small would be almost impossible to find something to hold onto them with in order to set them back where they belong and glue them in at the same time. I think Micro-Mark tools has some delicate holders for that kind of application, I just do not know how fine an object they will hold.The only other way I can think of is to take a piece of thin sprue or rod and put a minute dap of blue-tac on the end, put the gauges on the blue-tac, dab them with gap filling super glue, hold your breath and reinsert back into the fuselage. NO CAFFEINE will trying to do this. Hope it helps.
capnjock
Merlin
Staff MemberSenior Editor
AEROSCALE
Visit this Community
United Kingdom
entire network: 17,582 Posts
KitMaker Network: 2,250 Posts
Posted: Tuesday, September 02, 2003 - 06:58 PM UTC
Just to add to what capnjock has described:

if you bend the piece of sprue that you've put the Blu-tack on (stiff wire and cocktail sticks also work), it can help get 'round corners...

Good luck

Rowan
 _GOTOTOP