_GOTOBOTTOM
Modeling in General: Advice on...
Need some general advice? Place it here.
bargin hunt update
mikeli125
Visit this Community
England - North West, United Kingdom
entire network: 2,595 Posts
KitMaker Network: 1,079 Posts
Posted: Sunday, August 31, 2003 - 01:42 AM UTC
well,
this weekend has turned into a right bargin hunt this weekend on friday I got the dragon wagon and trailer for £67,

yesterday I picked up a good book about barbarossa called war without garlands from a discount book shop cost £10 this has some good photos for some dio's
another discount book shop emtyied my pocket of £1.50 fora big 16 part mixing plette

and today at my favorite place the car boot sale I came up with a revell horten ix/g0 229 fighter in 1/72 for £3 could have got the revell 1/32 110 night fighter for £6
and IL-2 Sturmovik for the PC still wrapped for £6 and the best buy of the day has to be
2 big brushless fans for a spray booth for 50p each :-)
and so concludes my spending spree this week!
David Dickonson I'm not, tight arse yes!
P.s cant be David Dickonson cause I dont look permatan orange

Mar-74
Visit this Community
Western Australia, Australia
entire network: 679 Posts
KitMaker Network: 166 Posts
Posted: Sunday, August 31, 2003 - 01:59 AM UTC
heres another place for you, if you have a discount book shop called 'the works' in your town now would be a good time to visit it. I picked up a 24 set of oils with all colours that i need for skin complexions and mor for just 6.79 and saved over £10 on it. They also have loads of picture books of ww2 and other art supplies.
Merlin
Staff MemberSenior Editor
AEROSCALE
Visit this Community
United Kingdom
entire network: 17,582 Posts
KitMaker Network: 2,250 Posts
Posted: Sunday, August 31, 2003 - 02:17 AM UTC
ModelZone is always worth checking checking out... they often have stuff on sale at really silly prices :-)

How about the Revell 1/48 scale Ju52/3m for £12.99 or Hasegawa 1/48 scale P-51D for £6.99?... most amazing was Revell's Ta154 for £4.99!!! Yes, it needs a bit of work to avoid wing-droop, but it's basically a fine kit (it's worth more than that as a spare parts source).

It pays to keep your eyes open :-)

Good hunting

Rowan
mikeli125
Visit this Community
England - North West, United Kingdom
entire network: 2,595 Posts
KitMaker Network: 1,079 Posts
Posted: Sunday, August 31, 2003 - 06:05 AM UTC

Quoted Text

heres another place for you, if you have a discount book shop called 'the works' in your town now would be a good time to visit it. I picked up a 24 set of oils with all colours that i need for skin complexions and mor for just 6.79 and saved over £10 on it. They also have loads of picture books of ww2 and other art supplies.

thats the shop martin were I got my oils from and the paint pallette too just couldn't remember the name
also ment to say pound land has a4 self healing cutting mats and epoxy resin glue and gray/white/black car primer for you guess a quid
 _GOTOTOP