_GOTOBOTTOM
Modeling in General
General discussions about modeling topics.
date for next model workshop demo uk is
IanSadler
Visit this Community
United Kingdom
entire network: 324 Posts
KitMaker Network: 0 Posts
Posted: Friday, August 29, 2003 - 12:26 AM UTC
hi just arranged the next date for ipms nottingham and derby to hold model workshop demmo in The Model Centre shop in Broadmarsh Nottingham is the 6th Sept 03 from 10am to 4pm , Nick Allen from derby and myself will be in attendance . look forward to any and all who care to drop in cheers ian
Holdfast
Staff MemberPresident
IPMS-UK KITMAKER BRANCH
Visit this Community
England - South West, United Kingdom
entire network: 8,581 Posts
KitMaker Network: 963 Posts
Posted: Friday, August 29, 2003 - 07:20 AM UTC
:-) Ian, I will try and be there :-)
I'm up to my nuts in DIY at the moment so it might be difficult but I would like to meet a fellow Armoramara :-) I have also contemplated joining Notts IPMS, so it might also give you a chance to persued me that it's absolutely essential :-)
Mal
Merlin
Staff MemberSenior Editor
AEROSCALE
Visit this Community
United Kingdom
entire network: 17,582 Posts
KitMaker Network: 2,250 Posts
Posted: Friday, August 29, 2003 - 08:42 AM UTC
Hi Ian

Are you doing anything "down South"... I'd love to catch up with what you're demo-ing...

All the best

Rowan
greatbrit
Visit this Community
United Kingdom
entire network: 2,127 Posts
KitMaker Network: 677 Posts
Posted: Friday, August 29, 2003 - 06:27 PM UTC
ill see you there, what time will it start?
IanSadler
Visit this Community
United Kingdom
Posted: Friday, August 29, 2003 - 09:58 PM UTC
hi this year i have done the following model shows huddersfield, siouthshields, trucks and tracks , hinckly, beltring , stoneleigh, next is womdorne, sutton coldfield, spalding, newark and lincs then elscar and last is the ipms nationals in november, so i cover most of the uk . with over 45 model shows in the season i have to be very careful on how many i attend per year , the most i every did was 22 and that was jst too much cheers ian
almonkey
Visit this Community
England - East Midlands, United Kingdom
entire network: 2,124 Posts
KitMaker Network: 369 Posts
Posted: Saturday, August 30, 2003 - 08:09 AM UTC
wouldnt you know it! i,m off to skeg on the 6th. will try to put my head round the door at broadmarsh next time. i should be able to make the southwell show,went there last year really enjoy seeing models "in the flesh".o.k. off to pack my trunks and lilo!
Holdfast
Staff MemberPresident
IPMS-UK KITMAKER BRANCH
Visit this Community
Posted: Saturday, August 30, 2003 - 10:32 PM UTC
:-) almonkey, I'll probably see you at the Southall show, if not at Broadmarsh :-)
It looks like we will need a badge or something to be able to recognise members?
Or else:
"Hi, are you almonkey"?
"Are you taking the pi**, are you saying my wife looks like a monkey"?
"Er well, I wasn't, but now you mention it..........."
Biff. "Stitch that"
"Ouch"
Splat "Take that you bounder"
Oooh!
"Someone call an ambulance, I'm outa here"
See could get nasty and I don't think they will allow me a modelling knife in jail
Mal
Mar-74
Visit this Community
Western Australia, Australia
entire network: 679 Posts
KitMaker Network: 166 Posts
Posted: Sunday, August 31, 2003 - 02:02 AM UTC
unfortunately these shows are abit out of my way but for those who are going and want to meet up with people i suggest wearing an armorama t shirt - helps the site and would be easier to spot than a badge.
IanSadler
Visit this Community
United Kingdom
Posted: Sunday, August 31, 2003 - 06:04 AM UTC
hi i am easy to recognise i have a grey going white beard and wear glasses some of the time as to t shirts , i nearly always wear a ipms uk nationals setting up one , cheers ian
almonkey
Visit this Community
England - East Midlands, United Kingdom
entire network: 2,124 Posts
KitMaker Network: 369 Posts
Posted: Tuesday, September 02, 2003 - 08:51 AM UTC
don,t worry too much holdfast, monkey is my nickname for my other half and the cat! i got the al part from the itv digital ads. as for badges i could use an old paint tin lid(about 5 inches dia) painted luminous green, if all armorama members did this we,d recognise each other as we are thrown out by security! seriously,may be some sort of little name tag (and secret handshake,hello masons)wouldnt go amiss
Holdfast
Staff MemberPresident
IPMS-UK KITMAKER BRANCH
Visit this Community
Posted: Wednesday, September 03, 2003 - 07:05 AM UTC
:-) I will be there, Ian. The missus thinks we are going to IKEA :-) of course we have to go via the Broadmarsh centre
Almonkey, just joshing, I will happily talk to anyone, especially if they show an interest in modelling. Might see you at Southall.
Mal
greatbrit
Visit this Community
United Kingdom
Posted: Friday, September 05, 2003 - 10:26 AM UTC
ill try my best to be there,
im easy to spot, im young (18), with quite long black hair, 5'11'',mainly wear jeans and rock band t-shirts.
any armorama guys might as well introduce themselves to you ian, it will be easy to spot you if your doing the workshop.
look forward to meeting you

joe
Holdfast
Staff MemberPresident
IPMS-UK KITMAKER BRANCH
Visit this Community
Posted: Saturday, September 06, 2003 - 07:12 AM UTC
:-) Well Joe and I successfully managed to stop Ian demonstrating much for a couple of hours Nice to have met you, Joe and Ian, sorry we couldn't have spent longer. I will see you both at Southall.
Ian, I found that machine shop, the airbrush looked excellant. You were right looked like a badger, felt good too and for 30.00. I would have bought it but I want a gravity fed type. Thanks anyway. I'll be PMing you nearer to Southall show time for those directions :-)
Mal
greatbrit
Visit this Community
United Kingdom
Posted: Saturday, September 06, 2003 - 11:03 PM UTC
i also enjoeyed meeting you both,
i didnt get chance to have a look in machine mart for that compressor, but ill look in their mansfield shop.
thanks for all the ideas

cheers
joe
IanSadler
Visit this Community
United Kingdom
Posted: Monday, September 08, 2003 - 01:59 AM UTC
hi joe and mal , it was a pleasure to met up at the model shop, we put the world to rights in the short time we were able to chat , i had a very quiet day at the model show , the same time as show they held the local marathon run , so all the crowds were there instead , looks like same is to happen at sutton coldfield show all the roads are to be closed from 10 am onwards for a fun run this time , better get there early , cheers ian
 _GOTOTOP