_GOTOBOTTOM
Modeling in General
General discussions about modeling topics.
Kit Collectors
Holdfast
Staff MemberPresident
IPMS-UK KITMAKER BRANCH
Visit this Community
England - South West, United Kingdom
entire network: 8,581 Posts
KitMaker Network: 963 Posts
Posted: Thursday, August 28, 2003 - 07:03 AM UTC
Rowan, a couple of questions:
1. Was the Hurricane fabric wing for the Airfix kit?
2. Do you still have the masters?
3. How much? Cos I have an Airfix Hurri that I was keeping to produce an early fabric wing machine from (I know kits are produced now, but I want to utilise this model)
4. What else did you produce?
5. Any plans to re-release anything?
6. Any plans to produce anything else?
Having mentioned the Airfix Hurri, it's in an old yellow box, maybe it's a collectors item? So I need to build it :-)
Mal
Merlin
Staff MemberSenior Editor
AEROSCALE
Visit this Community
United Kingdom
entire network: 17,582 Posts
KitMaker Network: 2,250 Posts
Posted: Thursday, August 28, 2003 - 08:28 AM UTC
Hi Mal

This week really is turning into an unintentional trip down memory lane!

Yes, the Blueprint Models "Hurricane fabric-wing" was intended for the Airfix kit - the only show in town back then... we're talking 10 years ago! :-)

The range (all 1/48 scale) was as follows:

Hawker Hurricane "fabric-wing" conversion
Messerschmitt Bf109T conversion
Focke-Wulf 190 A8-U1 2-seater trainer conversion
Lockheed Lightning Mk1conversion
Douglas A-20 detail set
Messerschmitt Bf 109H conversion

I gave up because my work as a video editor meant I simply couldn't devote the time needed to support the range. When I tried to get resin parts cast by contractors, I found no-one was able to guarantee the quality I required...

I also suffered from bootleg copies... the Lightning Mk1 which appeared in Scale Aircraft Modelling recently is an unauthorised copy of my original... you can imagine how I felt when I read that article!

I'm afraid that, over the years, the masters (those that have survived at all!) have got pretty messed up and wouldn't be fit to cast from again...

I don't have any plans at present to resurrect Blueprint Models, but I won't rule it out entirely... I have to admit though - it's much more fun building as a purely hobby!

All the best

Rowan
 _GOTOTOP