_GOTOBOTTOM
Modeling in General
General discussions about modeling topics.
The lack of 1:35 scale civilian vehicles...
Marty
Visit this Community
Massachusetts, United States
entire network: 2,312 Posts
KitMaker Network: 871 Posts
Posted: Tuesday, November 16, 2010 - 10:09 AM UTC
The lack of 1:35 scale civilian vehicles is very frustrating. I am particularly frustrated over not having any modern vehicles such as vans or SUVs. Do manufacturers really think that 1:35 scale modern civilian vehicles have no place in today's market?

I know that there are a couple of resin pickup trucks available (Mig Productions and Vajra Miniatures) but they can cost in the excess of $100. That is just too steep for my pocket.
HeavyArty
Visit this Community
Florida, United States
entire network: 17,694 Posts
KitMaker Network: 1,968 Posts
Posted: Tuesday, November 16, 2010 - 12:08 PM UTC
Actually, if you broaden your spectrum some, you will find there are quite a few options out there. Check out this thread for some ideas.
HawkeyeV
Visit this Community
Wisconsin, United States
entire network: 319 Posts
KitMaker Network: 184 Posts
Posted: Tuesday, November 16, 2010 - 04:26 PM UTC
1:35 is primarily a military armor scale not a civilian vehicle scale. 1:24/35 are the non military vehicle scales. There are a few 1:32 scale cars.

A perfect scale to blend of all worlds would probably be 1:48 as it would have commonality for aircraft, railroad (O) and vehicles.
Marty
Visit this Community
Massachusetts, United States
entire network: 2,312 Posts
KitMaker Network: 871 Posts
Posted: Saturday, November 20, 2010 - 10:52 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Actually, if you broaden your spectrum some, you will find there are quite a few options out there. Check out this thread for some ideas.

I started that thread

I have gotten some of the 1:32 scale pickup trucks from eBay but the bottom line is that there are no modern/current 1:35 scale vehicles in a kit form. My scratch building skills are non existent so I am left with very few options.
old-dragon
Visit this Community
Illinois, United States
entire network: 3,289 Posts
KitMaker Network: 592 Posts
Posted: Saturday, November 20, 2010 - 03:28 PM UTC
Did you check out ebay in the model section...I see a regular amount of 1/32 snap and a few glue kits - cars, trucks, frietrucks and some vans. Now, they're nothing brand new make & model wise, but it's something I suppose.
Here's a question I have to ask you then; what kind of vehicles are you looking for? Newer vettes, freightliner trucks.........?
Just curious - if I knew what your looking for I could give you a hollar here if I see it.
nosewrit
Visit this Community
New York, United States
entire network: 86 Posts
KitMaker Network: 5 Posts
Posted: Tuesday, November 23, 2010 - 08:30 AM UTC
It seems that there is a lack of everything! From polls I've seen on various modeling sites, no matter what your niche, there are subjects that are DESPERATELY NEEDED.
 _GOTOTOP