_GOTOBOTTOM
Modeling in General
General discussions about modeling topics.
How do YOU use this forum?
AndersHeintz
Visit this Community
Texas, United States
entire network: 2,250 Posts
KitMaker Network: 266 Posts
Posted: Sunday, May 12, 2002 - 12:45 PM UTC
Was just thinking, I know it usually gets me in trouble, but anyways, I was thinking about how do you guys use the forums? Like where do you check the new posts at? how often do you check back everyday? What do you look for? Do you look at every single post to see whats up or just the stuff that interests you?

I seem to use the latest posts feature, its really nice, that way you can keep up with the latest posts and evel old posts that resurface! I might check the forums 3-4 times a day, maybe more, depending on whats going on. Seems like more time is spent on computer then on modeling, atleast for me lately
maxpain
Visit this Community
Australia
entire network: 109 Posts
KitMaker Network: 0 Posts
Posted: Sunday, May 12, 2002 - 01:57 PM UTC
I usually browse through the forums I am interested in.. sometimes 4-6 times a day. Time difference is weird sometimes.. most of you guys seem to post when I sleep

I got Armorama in my link bar so its never further away than a single click.. I work & study on computers all day long so I spend a lot of time online anyway.

Kencelot
Visit this Community
Florida, United States
entire network: 4,268 Posts
KitMaker Network: 1,174 Posts
Posted: Sunday, May 12, 2002 - 09:28 PM UTC
I check the forums anywhere from 10 to 20 or so times a day! :-) Like others here, I leave it running in the back ground.

I usually check the ones I'm moderating just to see that all are behaving (with such a great bunch here that job is easy!), than the ones that interest me, than the ones where I might be able to lend some help. I use the latest post feature too.

mj
Visit this Community
Illinois, United States
entire network: 1,331 Posts
KitMaker Network: 334 Posts
Posted: Sunday, May 12, 2002 - 09:41 PM UTC
I have to admit I use the Latest Post feature. I really like it, as it saves time, allowing you to quickly scan recent posts. That's just to keep up to date. When I have a problem or question, I check out specific forums, and do a word search for old threads that may have addressed it. If I don't find anything, I'll post a question, and happily avail myself of the wealth of knowledge contained within Armorama members. I check posts at least twice a day, but much more often during the evenings and on weekends.

Mike
Sabot
entire network: 12,596 Posts
KitMaker Network: 2,557 Posts
Posted: Sunday, May 12, 2002 - 09:46 PM UTC
Like Ken, I leave it running in the background. I use the latest posts feature. I used to check all posts, but we've had so many off-topic posts, I tend to just look at the model or site related ones. I also monitor the forums assigned to me.

I used to check out the reviews, but we've slowed down in that department lately. I also use the gallery a lot, I see what equipment we have good references on and then supplement them with my own (why upload the umpteenth picture of a standard vehicle when we need more inside/engine/undercarriage shots?).

Pet peeve: vague topic titles like "Check this out", "Look what I stepped in"...I tend to bypass these posts.
ladymodelbuilder
Visit this Community
Virginia, United States
entire network: 1,218 Posts
KitMaker Network: 325 Posts
Posted: Monday, May 13, 2002 - 02:14 AM UTC
I usually pop in at different times during the day and the evening. I check out the "Latest posts" and see what the new news is. and on occasion I check up on some old posts that are of interest to me. :-)
TUGA
Visit this Community
Setubal, Portugal
entire network: 1,718 Posts
KitMaker Network: 562 Posts
Posted: Monday, May 13, 2002 - 02:19 AM UTC
Hi,

I check the lastest post in the morning, by lunch time and before leaving the office, after hour, sometimes I connect after dinner. I check the post by topic if I thought it can interest me.
GunTruck
Visit this Community
California, United States
entire network: 5,885 Posts
KitMaker Network: 1,405 Posts
Posted: Monday, May 13, 2002 - 02:19 AM UTC

Quoted Text

I check the forums anywhere from 10 to 20 or so times a day! :-) Like others here, I leave it running in the back ground.

I usually check the ones I'm moderating just to see that all are behaving (with such a great bunch here that job is easy!), than the ones that interest me, than the ones where I might be able to lend some help. I use the latest post feature too.

Heh heh - now I don't feel so bad! I'm like Ken - I leave it in the background and wind up checking it between 10-20 times a weekday too. Much, much, better than perusing Labor Distribution Reports...

Gunnie
RufusLeeking
Visit this Community
Ohio, United States
entire network: 330 Posts
Posted: Monday, May 13, 2002 - 02:29 AM UTC
I check the lastest post three or four times a day, depending how busy I am at work. Sometimes I check them in the evenings when I get home. I also check out the gallery from time to time. I also printout the tips and how to articles and keep them in a binder at home for a reference.
E23C
Visit this Community
Ontario, Canada
entire network: 238 Posts
KitMaker Network: 70 Posts
Posted: Monday, May 13, 2002 - 02:33 AM UTC
I usually check the Forums whenever I go on line 2-3 times a day.I dont look at all the forums though,I dont think I have ever looked at the Spaceship forum,But all the others are well looked over.
I find the forums here the best on the net due to the fact they are very good to get in to and I have never seen a Troll or flame war here,which is the way it should be IMHO.Besides where else can I use my last AFV callsign :-)
Have a good one
Arthur
Visit this Community
England - South West, United Kingdom
entire network: 2,454 Posts
KitMaker Network: 489 Posts
Posted: Monday, May 13, 2002 - 02:57 AM UTC
I normally check in when i get home from earning the daily crust,and click on latest posts as it isquicker,and i dont have much time,...like now!...being called for dinner!..logging out
ARTHUR
Ranger74
Visit this Community
Tennessee, United States
entire network: 1,290 Posts
KitMaker Network: 480 Posts
Posted: Monday, May 13, 2002 - 03:05 AM UTC
I leave it in the background at work and try to do the same at home, except the kids get mouse-happy and close ot out. I have starting useing latest posts and look at the entries that interest me.
Phantom
Visit this Community
Missouri, United States
entire network: 195 Posts
Posted: Monday, May 13, 2002 - 03:20 AM UTC
I usually have it running in the background as well, and check in when the smokers here at work take their breaks.

As a consequence, I'm on here far more than I probably should be. But you've gotta do something to preserve your sanity (or what's left of it.)

-Paul

_GOTOTOP