_GOTOBOTTOM
Introductions
If you are new to the network please post a little something here to introduce yourself.
Say hello to my little friend!
KellyZak
Visit this Community
British Columbia, Canada
entire network: 641 Posts
KitMaker Network: 113 Posts
Posted: Monday, August 18, 2003 - 04:42 PM UTC
Nothing like a attention grabbing subject line, eh?
Well, my name is Kelly Zak, and I am from Victoria, B.C. Canada. I have been doing military modelling now for about a year and a half. My main modelling discipline is racing cars, the European touring car types and the Japanese Touring car types. I was getting into a rut building cars all of the time, so I decided to give a tank a try. It was Tamiya's old Panther kit, and I eventually decided to make it into a little diorama. Now, I'm pretty much hooked on military building, I think I have found my niche, I love doing dioramas, because you get to tell a story with what you create. I am not a rivet counter, and I hate it when people ram it down your throat that your wheels on your tank had 18 bolts on it instead of 24 for that particular model of vehicle that the factory produced. It just bugs me to death. I believe and appreciate constructive critisism, but when some one tells you how your model is all wrong because of this or that, I politely tell them where to go. This is a hobby, and it's meant to be fun and relaxing. I'm not a fan too much of Photo Etch parts, especially when the kit supplied pieces will do. Money just goes out the door by doing that. I scratchbuild alot of my own materials, like rubble, ammo and shell boxes, dio pieces, etc. It saves money and therefore more can be spent on kits! I am a avid hockey fan, I've been a Calgary Flames fan since the old Atlanta Flames days, although I was pretty small then, and don't really remember that, but my parents say I loved the logo. When I'm not building, I'm usually reading/watching WWII history, and jamming on my PS2 (Medal of Honor series mostly)
Kencelot
Visit this Community
Florida, United States
entire network: 4,268 Posts
KitMaker Network: 1,174 Posts
Posted: Monday, August 18, 2003 - 04:49 PM UTC
Welcome aboard Kelly! We're all glad to have you with us.
Glad to have an auto to military conversion happen to you.
I too am not fond of rivet counting. WWII history and all other histories are pretty cool in my book. New Jersey Devils are who I follow ( my home state) and Medal of Honor on the PC is very cool. Do you have or is Battlefield 1942 available on the PS2?
vlady
Visit this Community
Bucuresti, Romania
entire network: 534 Posts
KitMaker Network: 0 Posts
Posted: Monday, August 18, 2003 - 05:33 PM UTC
welcome to the best modelling site ever
blaster76
Visit this Community
Texas, United States
entire network: 8,985 Posts
KitMaker Network: 2,270 Posts
Posted: Monday, August 18, 2003 - 06:33 PM UTC
Welcome aboard. Another diorama man. That's what makes this hobby fun the imagination. Sometimes you can pick up a few good things from the rivet counters, so don't toatlly discount what they have to say.
scoccia
Visit this Community
Milano, Italy
entire network: 2,606 Posts
Posted: Monday, August 18, 2003 - 07:43 PM UTC
Welcome on board the best site around. Have a good time!!!
Ciao from Italy
Venom
Visit this Community
Alessandria, Italy
entire network: 720 Posts
Posted: Monday, August 18, 2003 - 09:57 PM UTC
Welcome
#:-)
HastyP
Visit this Community
Ontario, Canada
entire network: 1,117 Posts
KitMaker Network: 570 Posts
Posted: Tuesday, August 19, 2003 - 01:01 AM UTC
Welcome KellyZak

Glad to see another Canuck among us. I am from Kingston, Ont. This place can teach you so much about building. Enjoy the site!

HastyP
KellyZak
Visit this Community
British Columbia, Canada
Posted: Tuesday, August 19, 2003 - 02:23 AM UTC
Thanks for the welcome everyone! Kencelot, I wish that Battlefield 1942 was on PS2, maybe someday! Right now, I'm eagerly waiting for M.O.H. - Rising Sun, hoo, this is gonna be nice! I don't discount rivet counters, some good information is provided, however it's the real fanatics that p' me off, I know a few, and it's anything to stop from giving them a smack! ha ha Funny you mention about the car to military "conversion", I'm doing a car right now, and it has been nothing but problems, I'm almost ready to put everything back into the box and put it away for a long time! My next little dio is going to have the old Tamiya Mobelwagen with he quad flak 38 on it, set beside the Verlinden farm house ruin. I know that that version of the Mobelwagen was not really used, but I've got the kit, so why not build it? Anyone get the feeling that they are building for deadlines? I belong to Victoria Scale Modellers, and every year we get asked by the citys' museum to put on a display for Rememberence Day, so I have to get something done by then. Plus in the next couple of weeks, there is a model car show in our city, so I'm trying to get that darned car done by then. I think it's time for a few weeks of a break!
m1garand
Visit this Community
Washington, United States
entire network: 1,248 Posts
Posted: Tuesday, August 19, 2003 - 02:43 AM UTC
Welcome KellyZak. I am just a little ways south of you in Tacoma, Washington.
Great to have you aboard.
animal
Visit this Community
entire network: 4,503 Posts
KitMaker Network: 1,163 Posts
Posted: Tuesday, August 19, 2003 - 03:26 AM UTC
Welcome to Armorama KellyZak. Looking forward to seeing some of your work. Enjoy
HORUS
Visit this Community
United States
entire network: 7 Posts
Posted: Tuesday, August 19, 2003 - 07:01 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Do you have or is Battlefield 1942 available on the PS2?

Welcome abord man! great people here and we look foward to seeing your work!
kencelot,
BF1942 is not out for PS2 yet...i am not even sure it will be but that would be cool!
I own it for the PC and all it's weird little variants...lol
Desert combat
Pirates
GI Joe
Star Wars
Yes those are all BF42 mods...lol
mavrick1124
Visit this Community
Alabama, United States
entire network: 188 Posts
Posted: Tuesday, August 19, 2003 - 07:23 AM UTC
Welcome , and you have come to the right place. These guys here are awesome. I mainly do aircraft, but from what I have seen, these guys here got ya covered. Good luck and have fun.
zer0_co0l
Visit this Community
Limburg, Netherlands
entire network: 1,432 Posts
Posted: Tuesday, August 19, 2003 - 08:38 AM UTC
say hello to my little friend the last time I heard that I was 12 and on a katholic boys school

hahahaha
just kidding welcome on armorama enjoy yr time fine people here just make sure to keep yr hand on yr wallet @ all times

hahahaha kidding again

am I funny or what #:-) #:-) #:-) #:-)

anyway without bullsh (++) t enjoy yr time here
KellyZak
Visit this Community
British Columbia, Canada
Posted: Tuesday, August 19, 2003 - 08:46 AM UTC
Wow, quite the reception! I sent some pics of stuff I've done, but I saw in the uploading instructions, that images can take up to 2 months to be posted, so I'll throw one up here. This is my Academy Early Tiger I kit, built out of the box, oils used as a wash, and drybrushed with craft paint. [H:Russ22003-06-09_41.jpeg] Hopefully this works! the forum image instructions are a little hard to understand...
m60a3
Visit this Community
Georgia, United States
entire network: 778 Posts
Posted: Tuesday, August 19, 2003 - 08:50 AM UTC

Quoted Text

I am a avid hockey fan, I've been a Calgary Flames fan since the old Atlanta Flames days, although I was pretty small then, and don't really remember that, but my parents say I loved the logo.
:-H

Geez, that's a throwback! Welcome to the A-zone...
KellyZak
Visit this Community
British Columbia, Canada
Posted: Tuesday, August 19, 2003 - 09:00 AM UTC
Let's try this again....
Sabre5Delta
Visit this Community
Arizona, United States
entire network: 37 Posts
Posted: Tuesday, August 19, 2003 - 03:37 PM UTC
Welcome. You've found a wonderful community here. I'm new too and enjoy checking what's new almost every day. I'm learning a lot.
Best wishes.
Holdfast
Staff MemberPresident
IPMS-UK KITMAKER BRANCH
Visit this Community
England - South West, United Kingdom
entire network: 8,581 Posts
KitMaker Network: 963 Posts
Posted: Saturday, August 23, 2003 - 08:19 AM UTC
Hi Kelly, welcome
Mal
 _GOTOTOP