_GOTOBOTTOM
Modeling in General: Advice on...
Need some general advice? Place it here.
Deauvilee figures
Slimedog1
Visit this Community
Wisconsin, United States
entire network: 637 Posts
KitMaker Network: 566 Posts
Posted: Wednesday, July 14, 2010 - 04:13 AM UTC
Hi,
Has anybody heard of Deauville figures?They are made of metal.
What is the quality compared to say Alipne,Tank and some of the other great resin figs
Does anyone have a web address?
Slimedog1
Visit this Community
Wisconsin, United States
entire network: 637 Posts
KitMaker Network: 566 Posts
Posted: Wednesday, July 14, 2010 - 04:15 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Hi,
Has anybody heard of Deauville figures?They are made of metal.
What is the quality compared to say Alipne,Tank and some of the other great resin figs
Does anyone have a web address?

My typing sucks
Deauville figs and Alpine figs LOL
USAFSPOOK
Visit this Community
Virginia, United States
entire network: 116 Posts
KitMaker Network: 4 Posts
Posted: Wednesday, July 14, 2010 - 11:37 AM UTC
Last time I bought any Deauville figures was in 1983! Are they even still around? Where did you get yours from-a recent purchase or have they been insulating the attic? The quality is not up to todays standards in resin; even 20+ years ago I was replacing heads, weapons, boots etc.; the biggest reason I purchased them was they were one of the few companies that made Waffen SS figures-can you imagine that, considering the number of SS figures available today?? They also had some good poses for the day, but their only use for today I would think would be for collecting purposes. I still have several unpainted in my stash. They are not, in my opinion, as good as Chota Sahib or Cheshire Volunteer metal figures were/are--the latter mentioned would still hold up to today's standards and are still highly sought after (at least by me)! I have an address for them-no website, since the packages are from the dark ages.
 _GOTOTOP