_GOTOBOTTOM
Modeling in General
General discussions about modeling topics.
Forum page set up
Hip_Priest
Visit this Community
United Kingdom
entire network: 142 Posts
KitMaker Network: 0 Posts
Posted: Tuesday, August 05, 2003 - 07:12 PM UTC
Hi

Not strictly general modelling but a query about this site.

When I open up e.g. the general modelling forum the details of the forum fit snugly on my screen. When I open up the armour forum, the columns can only be viewed by using my bottom scrollbar. Methinks Ive got my setting set up all wrong but not being IT minded I dont know how to correct this. Any ideas?

TIA

David
Kencelot
Visit this Community
Florida, United States
entire network: 4,268 Posts
KitMaker Network: 1,174 Posts
Posted: Tuesday, August 05, 2003 - 09:56 PM UTC
Unless there is a picture posted in the Armor forum,(any forum for that matter) and there often is, the forums are all the same width.
The only way to avoid having to scroll left and right is to increase your monitor's screen resolution to or above 1024 x 768. I had mine set to 1024, which is nice because of all the real estate you gain, but the fonts are too small to comfortably view from a "kicked" back position - about 4 feet for me.
I'm back to 800 x 600 and scrolling.
Hip_Priest
Visit this Community
United Kingdom
Posted: Tuesday, August 05, 2003 - 11:46 PM UTC
MMmm? I'm referring to the 'front' page of the forums, not the next level down such as how you arev viewing ths one.
KiwiDave
Visit this Community
Wellington, New Zealand
entire network: 248 Posts
Posted: Wednesday, August 06, 2003 - 11:23 AM UTC
Hip Priest is right Kencelot, this picture thing is a bit of a red herring.

I dont know what the computer terminology is, but if I go to 'Forums' from 'Home' the page fits my window. Then, randomly, if I go to a forum index page, ie Armour, the page will double in size. Then if I select a particular post, which is where the pics are, the page fits in my window again.

It does not happen every time.

It cannot be a user problem or it would occur all the time and presumably in all pages.

Regards Dave
boosahmer
Visit this Community
California, United States
entire network: 651 Posts
Posted: Wednesday, August 06, 2003 - 11:32 AM UTC
I may be wrong, but I believe it has to do with when some people post something and don't allow the script to "wrap around" as they type....they just type long sentences that continue to the end of whatever they have have their screen set to. You just have to live with it, I think.
Hip_Priest
Visit this Community
United Kingdom
Posted: Wednesday, August 06, 2003 - 11:40 PM UTC
Ive just had a look down all the other forums and armour appears to be the only one where I have this problem. I'm no expert but if I'm not the only one experiencing a problem then I'd guess its to do with the web authoring (not a criticism) as opposed to users not wrapping texts, etc.
 _GOTOTOP