Soldier Stories
Served in the military? Discuss your time and experiences here.
Hosted by Dave Willett
A despicable character!
joegrafton
Visit this Community
United Kingdom
entire network: 1,209 Posts
KitMaker Network: 13 Posts
Posted: Tuesday, March 16, 2010 - 11:15 AM UTC
Hello gentlemen,
I've never been in the military but I will always support the troops for defending our freedom.
I read this evening a vile piece of news on AOL.co.uk that a company boss has made some very nasty remarks about British soldiers in particular & soldiers in general.
The company boss, Karl Winn, owns & runs Webeurope Ltd of 17 Cornishway East, Taunton, Somerset, TA1 5LZ (tel: (00 44) 01823 338888), email: [email protected]
After being contacted by Forces Recruitment Services, who find jobs for ex servicemen, it has been reported that he replied quote " I'd rather employ ex drug dealers, convicts & child molesters over ex servicemen as the former have been held accountable for their actions" unquote.
He goes on to say that soldiers are never brought to justice for the atrocities they have committed worldwide & are going beyond 'just doing a job'.
Now, I dont know about you but I am utterly repelled by these remarks & have already emailed Mr Winn to tell him what I think of him & his abhorent views.
Wouldn't it be nice if he received lots more emails or letters of complaint about these remarks.
It would be great if our American friends could lend a hand & send him an email or two to add to his woes & let this vile creature know that these servicemen & women are fighting & dieing so that he can stand there & say what he says in a free country.
I am absolutely spitting mad about this & would love to see a campaign started against this horrible excuse for a man.
I'd love to hear your thoughts.
Joe.
sgtreef
Visit this Community
Oklahoma, United States
entire network: 6,043 Posts
KitMaker Network: 1,603 Posts
Posted: Tuesday, March 16, 2010 - 11:34 AM UTC
I could email my Buddy who lives in Kent.

An ex Military person but he might want to knock his teeth out knowing him so think will leave it as it is

Even though it does piss you off,but remember the thing behind the whole deal of Democracy is his right to have his A$$ off attitude.

I know a swift kick to the groin would be good but that puts us in another bad deal.

Dang that does suck.

Think I will email my Bud what the heck.

Email sent.

Whiskey6
Visit this Community
North Carolina, United States
entire network: 408 Posts
KitMaker Network: 179 Posts
Posted: Wednesday, March 17, 2010 - 03:17 AM UTC
The jerk is allowed to be wrong under our system of laws. The loss is his.

Semper Fi,
Dave
joegrafton
Visit this Community
United Kingdom
Posted: Wednesday, March 17, 2010 - 04:01 AM UTC
I understand completely that this is democracy in action but I find his comments sickening. That he would rather hire a child molester- a depraved & rabid person who rapes babies & tiny defenceless children - as opposed to a brave soldier who defends HIS freedom & rights, is, I think, quite disgusting!
I'm sorry, but this is how this evil man has made me feel & I believe he has NO place in a democratic society!
If I said that I would rather hire a child molester or convict over say, a black man or muslim, for instance, I could be sent to prison. Now, is THAT democracy?
It seems to me, in Britain, in any case, that it is democracy as long as you toe the party line!
I hope the motherf***ing piece of s**t dies a long, slow & agonising death!!!!
DaveCox
Visit this Community
England - South East, United Kingdom
entire network: 4,307 Posts
KitMaker Network: 788 Posts
Posted: Wednesday, March 17, 2010 - 07:10 AM UTC
If he won't stand behind our troops, he's quite welcome to go and stand in front of them...........
joegrafton
Visit this Community
United Kingdom
Posted: Wednesday, March 17, 2010 - 07:17 AM UTC
Dave,
Now that's more like it!
Joe.
FuNsTeR
Visit this Community
Scotland, United Kingdom
entire network: 273 Posts
KitMaker Network: 27 Posts
Posted: Wednesday, March 17, 2010 - 08:10 PM UTC
the clown obviously has a warped mindset and it doesn't matter how much you gripe about it ... his type won't change their opinions anytime soon

the guy is to be pitied more than anything and with any luck his buisness will go down the tubes

Bigrip74
Visit this Community
Texas, United States
entire network: 5,026 Posts
KitMaker Network: 461 Posts
Posted: Thursday, March 18, 2010 - 05:14 AM UTC
[snip form David]The jerk is allowed to be wrong under our system of laws. The loss is his.

Semper Fi,
Dave]

[snip from Dave] If he won't stand behind our troops, he's quite welcome to go and stand in front of them...........]

Bulldog#3
Grumpy Old Modeller No1

NUFF SAID, stupidity is not illegal yet. Let him come up on that final jugement when self recognition does nasty things to ones thoughts. He is not worth the time wasted.

Robert

DioRandy
Visit this Community
Illinois, United States
entire network: 108 Posts
KitMaker Network: 12 Posts
Posted: Friday, March 19, 2010 - 02:26 AM UTC
Wow, he makes Hanoi Jane Fonda look like a donut dolly.
He needs to stand in front of a firing squad!
dioman13
Visit this Community
Indiana, United States
entire network: 2,184 Posts
KitMaker Network: 356 Posts
Posted: Friday, March 19, 2010 - 04:30 AM UTC
Because the vets of free nations do a spectacular job, he is allowed his [auto-censored]ty opinion. Though he is entitled, maybe he should learn when to and not to publicly offer his views. Maybe the Queen will offer him a one way trip to the terrorist training camp and see how long his opinion stays that way. Better yet, let him come to N.Y. city by the memorial site for the world trade center and open his mouth. I'm very sure my N.Y. friends will adjust his attitude.
Wolfsangel
Visit this Community
Texas, United States
entire network: 221 Posts
KitMaker Network: 41 Posts
Posted: Sunday, April 04, 2010 - 06:03 PM UTC
Maybe his Boyfriend was Al-qaeda?! Here he is, all alone in life now without his soulmate. Have pity for obviously he's a moron and, if the end comes anytime soon, he'll be one of the first cooked.
Cuny12
Visit this Community
Australia
entire network: 378 Posts
KitMaker Network: 26 Posts
Posted: Wednesday, May 05, 2010 - 05:32 PM UTC
Im thinking that perhaps he himself is a child molester or any of the preferred poeple he would like to employ I find it amazing that guys like us keep scum like this safe by defending our freedom and others freedom as well as his own and his preferred employees.
karljungblut
Visit this Community
Mississippi, United States
entire network: 71 Posts
Posted: Friday, May 07, 2010 - 03:44 PM UTC
Carl, thanks for the image and the misquoted line, but for your info here are some of the facts just to put the record straight (excuse the "cut-n-paste" of the main points) :-

"The series of private emails between myself and the MD of Forces Recruitment Services that he leaked to the Sun were over a period of 8 days, but none of the facts or critical points I raised in those emails were even mentioned in the British press. The Mail managed to run the story without even speaking to me, and The Sun completely invented half of the story and distorted the rest. For the record, I did not blame my staff for sending the emails, and we do not employ paedophiles, and would not knowingly do so. We do however employ ex-military staff, and one ex-British Army member of our staff has been with us for years. What I initially objected to was being asked by FRS to give preferential treatment to ex-British Military employees, especially as FRS were charging employers up to £5,000 for each vacancy they manage to fill. Our policy is to hire on an individuals merit - not what they have done in the past. The subsequent emails to the MD were in response to his initial reply saying he was amazed that anybody would dare to suggest the British Army were guilt of war crimes against civilians.

Once I heard that The Sun had the story, it would of course have been relatively simple to issue an immediate apology for what I said in my private emails, and given my full support to the British Army - It would have gone some considerable way to neutralise the story and the hostility, but I would have found it very difficult to explain my position, for instance, to the mother of Carol Ann Kelly who's 12 year old daughter was shot by a British Army soldier, or the many other victims families that I have pledged to support over the years.

The torture and murder of 8 Iraqi prisoners while in military custody, or the deaths of hundreds of civilians in Iraq and Afghanistan do not seem to cause the outrage that it should if we as a nation truly value justice and human rights. Britain and the US are signatories to not only the Geneva Convention, but numerous UN agreements covering the treatment of civilians and prisoners of war. We rightly condemn the Gestapo, the NKVD, or even Saddam Hussein for their war crimes, yet our own governments knowingly permit the abduction of civilians, the torture of prisoners, and the killing of unarmed civilians to be regularly carried our in our name. If such abuses by the state are now to be permitted our governments should have the honesty to say so. The derisory investigations that are carried out by the British Army are a complete whitewash, and they have been for years. To allow 8 prisoners to be murdered and not end up with a conviction carrying a heavy sentence is an insult to justice and not least the victims family.

Over the years I have also spent time in the Middle East, India and Pakistan. In Peshawar some years ago I was in a hospital where Mujahedeen soldiers were being cared for. (The US and Britain in those days referred to them as "freedom fighters"). At the the bedside of each soldier was either a Russian AK47 or an RPG7 - both highly valued status symbols, and an integral part of the western image that we have of many of these people. Yet in conversation, these young men wanted nothing more from life that we in the UK and US take for granted. They do not wish to be ruled by a foreign power, and they want an end of economic and political injustices - the story is the same throughout history, and it applies to almost every conflict going on in the world today. The methods and cultural influences may be different, but people the world over all share similar aspirations. The failure to meet such basic human aspirations is simply because such demands do not serve the interests of our global political and economic system.

Over the past few weeks I've had to put up with death threats, and a deluge of emails and phone calls from complete cretins who seem to regard our involvement in Iraq and Afghanistan as somehow defending our "freedom". This view may be what Blair or Brown want us to believe but it really doesn't stand up to scrutiny. It's only a few years ago when the British and US governments were giving the Taliban 5 start hotel treatment in London and Washington in exchange for lucrative oil pipeline contracts. But of course this "war" is all about oil and the US / UK desire to get to the oil in Kazakhstan / Turkmenistan region by building a pipeline through Afghanistan and out via Iran or Pakistan. The long term plan for the US is to have access to the oil in that region without being dependant on the goodwill of Russia - the oil at present goes through Russian pipelines, though there are massive areas of oil in that region that are undeveloped and which the US wishes to get its hands on."

Over the years Carl, I have spent a considerable amount of time and money supporting civil and human rights, and not least the campaign by the families of the 400 unarmed, men, women and children, who have been killed by the British Army in the north of Ireland.

My uncle USAF Staff Sergeant 38270938 Lynn Tigner saw action in WW2 and he was based in Newbury in the 1950's. Like yourself he was proud of his USAF services - but he remained capable of recognising that wars are not black and white (the good guys Vs the bad guys) he was ashamed for instance of his role in the bombing of Dresden, and other German cities, which he afterwards regarded as "a war crime", and he did not regard war as anything but a shameful exercise. I have on my desk a box of medals from other family members that go back to WW1 - with all respect Carl, I do not need reminding of the cost of war, or of the half-truths, lies, and outright deceptions that our governments (and the media) spread in order to justify the unnecessary slaughter of men, women and children, especially when most wars are manufactured by vested interests who have no intention themselves of ever becoming its victim.

Regards

Karl
karljungblut
Visit this Community
Mississippi, United States
entire network: 71 Posts
Posted: Friday, May 07, 2010 - 04:08 PM UTC
The above is a reply from Karl Winn's company Sure it was not from him unless he's up at 3am THIS GUY IS A ASS.
long_tom
Visit this Community
Illinois, United States
entire network: 2,362 Posts
KitMaker Network: 309 Posts
Posted: Saturday, May 08, 2010 - 03:38 AM UTC

Quoted Text

The above is a reply from Karl Winn's company Sure it was not from him unless he's up at 3am THIS GUY IS A ASS.

It's an old technique, when you have said something that has landed you into serious trouble, to say that you were misunderstood or misquoted.
Mack
Visit this Community
Scotland, United Kingdom
entire network: 4 Posts
KitMaker Network: 1 Posts
Posted: Saturday, May 08, 2010 - 12:43 PM UTC
As far as I'm concerned his reply makes it worse.
joegrafton
Visit this Community
United Kingdom
Posted: Saturday, May 08, 2010 - 07:17 PM UTC
This man talks about killing & torture from the British & Americans. Where was the twat when the Bravo Two Zero team were captured in 1991 during the first Gulf War & tortured for weeks with beatings, hot spoons, teeth extractions, blindfolds, sleep deprivation, etc, etc, etc... The list is endless!
I bet this twat didn't say a word then! It's always the poor bad guys, isn't it! This prick makes Amnesty International look like a bunch of stone cold killers!

grom
Visit this Community
England - North West, United Kingdom
entire network: 214 Posts
KitMaker Network: 35 Posts
Posted: Tuesday, October 05, 2010 - 10:33 PM UTC
I have no intention of defending this guy, but beware of the sun newspaper and its sister news of the world absolute gutter press and anything they report should be viewed with suspicion.I remember well the vicious attacks they made on the people of liverpool and then had to apologise and retract
retiredbee2
Visit this Community
Florida, United States
entire network: 757 Posts
KitMaker Network: 180 Posts
Posted: Wednesday, October 06, 2010 - 07:58 AM UTC
This guy needs to take his disgust out on the terrorists and not soldiers of free countries. ALL OF THE TERRORISTS are criminal and heinous. Soldiers of dictatorships tend to be low life but only a very few soldiers of decent countries are of the criminal kind. If he is English , he should be proud of the servicemen of his country. They ,have earned respect............Al
Removed by original poster on 10/06/10 - 20:44:41 (GMT).
Whitey
Visit this Community
Massachusetts, United States
entire network: 137 Posts
KitMaker Network: 9 Posts
Posted: Thursday, October 21, 2010 - 01:50 PM UTC
Don't dishonour the soldiers by taking away this man's right to dishonour himself.
long_tom
Visit this Community
Illinois, United States
entire network: 2,362 Posts
KitMaker Network: 309 Posts
Posted: Monday, October 25, 2010 - 12:08 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Don't dishonour the soldiers by taking away this man's right to dishonour himself.

I don't believe anyone is trying to repress his right to political speech. But we do have a right to tell him what we think of it.
Kuno-Von-Dodenburg
Visit this Community
England - North, United Kingdom
entire network: 1,453 Posts
KitMaker Network: 89 Posts
Posted: Wednesday, October 27, 2010 - 08:07 AM UTC
This Karl bloke sounds like a bit of a twat.

- Steve
LuckyBlunder
Visit this Community
Kansas, United States
entire network: 273 Posts
KitMaker Network: 107 Posts
Posted: Wednesday, November 03, 2010 - 09:39 PM UTC
If this guy has a website(or any other form of media) then he has advertisers. Don't go after him - it won't do any good. Go after his advertisers. Tell them that since they obviously support these comments you can no longer support their products and will not buy them or patronize their services. If enough people do this and the advertsers start pulling out - believe me this guy will get the message.

Although he has the right, in a free society, to say what he pleases, you have the right to respond accordingly. Follow the money!
joegrafton
Visit this Community
United Kingdom
Posted: Friday, November 19, 2010 - 12:37 AM UTC
Something interesting has happened today. I have received an email from the delightful Karl Winn informing me of a website he has set up at www.britisharmykillings.org.uk that gives information on so-called British & allied atrocities commited in war zones around the world. In order to avoid British law he has transferred the hosting of this site from the UK to Holland.
I just cannot bring myself to visit this site as it will anger me beyond words & I will probably hunt this f**ker down & tar & feather the traitor! I'm afraid he again fails to mention atrocities commited to British & American forces aswell as civilians by the other side.
If people would like to send some words of encouragement to this piece of crap then his email address is in the first comment on this thread.
I hope you tell him what you think.
Joe.