_GOTOBOTTOM
Modeling in General
General discussions about modeling topics.
Wow ! DML / Dragon ......going strong !
screamingeagle
Visit this Community
Connecticut, United States
entire network: 1,027 Posts
KitMaker Network: 269 Posts
Posted: Friday, July 25, 2003 - 05:07 AM UTC
What a month for this manufacture !!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Surely, they are nothing short of spoiling us modelers with these releases and the awaited re-issue of the StuG III Ausf A. They definitely aim to please. In my opinion, DML / Dragon has surely given meaning to the phrase " Leader of the Pack !

dr6150 DML/Dragon_Models 1/35 SdKfz 165 Hummel (Early)

dr6181 DML/Dragon_Models 1/35 Karl Geraet 54cm "Loki"

dr6200 DML/Dragon_Models 1/35 German Railway Gun 28cm K5(E)

ReIssue StuG III Ausf A (LAH)

- ralph
kkeefe
Visit this Community
Massachusetts, United States
entire network: 1,416 Posts
KitMaker Network: 0 Posts
Posted: Friday, July 25, 2003 - 05:46 AM UTC
I'm waiting for their newest weapons set to appear. There is the basis for another mortar in there....

#:-)
keenan
Visit this Community
Indiana, United States
entire network: 5,272 Posts
KitMaker Network: 2,192 Posts
Posted: Friday, July 25, 2003 - 06:00 AM UTC
German, German, German, and yup, released German.

(Not that I am complaining or anything, I build just about everything. Just an observation)

Shaun
cdave
Visit this Community
California, United States
entire network: 545 Posts
Posted: Friday, July 25, 2003 - 06:19 AM UTC
Yes: German, German, German ? ? ?

I know these are the $$$ money-makers, I jsut wish that all of us modlers have some more items for modern and allied.

Now that I am off the soap box, these look good. And at least the Hummel will be in my collection (one of these days).

Dave
avukich
Visit this Community
Virginia, United States
entire network: 760 Posts
Posted: Friday, July 25, 2003 - 06:26 AM UTC
Let's call a spade a spade. What we have here is: German, Ridiculous German, You've-Got-To-Be-Kidding-Me-I-Can't-Believe-Someone-Would-Actually-Produce-This-Kit-In-Plastic German, and re-released German. #:-)
Posted: Friday, July 25, 2003 - 06:26 AM UTC
To whom it may concern:
I am glad for more German, because I can never have enough German. I see a New Wiking Division winter set and a German halftrack crew coming out, I am in Hog heaven(pun intended). When Dragon comes out with new figure sets, I become happy, Tamiya has been left in the dust by the greatness of the new figures. And I never get tired of more Germans.

Chris (++) Happy Hog
MLD
Visit this Community
Vermont, United States
entire network: 3,569 Posts
KitMaker Network: 684 Posts
Posted: Friday, July 25, 2003 - 06:39 AM UTC
Sure it's German, and sure a couple of those big guns are a bit esoteric.

But isn't this the ONLY company to release Gulf War 1 British and French figures, US Sniper team and AT team, and since then modern US Special Forces and soon correct modern US Marines?
Who else put out 2 different Vietnam era Mechanical Mules or a Light Seal Support craft?

No one else , and I BARELY count the ICM figures here, did/does modern US, Afghanistan and more modern era Russians, IDF -admittedly only one set- ,German Paras and GSG9 - they're the only ones who even touched counter-terror..

So the OH-6A is a little crude, who else does Vietnam era helos AND crew in 1/35th injection molded plastic, until Panda came along that is..

Gimme a break.. DML SELLS german...

No one else out there retools kits they know are wrong!
All the while Tamiya is re-re-re-re releasing the Duster and the Stuart.. not to mention the Panther A with the WRONG NUMBER OF ROADWHEELS! -sorry for the Kinneson-eqsue shout- DML FIXES the Nashorn and Hummel..and DML did two different Panther A's and they're great!

So what.. if you don't like it, don't buy it.
Go buy Allied DML kits, if you can find them.

My $0.02 US before tax cut..
Oh wait, I'm not a stinking rich insider friend of GB...
I'm not GETTING a tax cut.

Mike
screamingeagle
Visit this Community
Posted: Friday, July 25, 2003 - 12:39 PM UTC
Gentlemen, although I admit it may look intentional, I in no way, put up this post as German vs. Allied model kit's nor to start a "model kit feud " I myself EQUALLY enjoy building scale models from both sides of the front lines of WW2 and hopefully we will see some "soon to come " new Allied kit's from DML. Actually my basis for this post is to show that DML / Dragon is certainly no slouch ! AND RELEASE KIT'S THAT THEY KNOW WILL SELL ..... JUST LIKE THE TITLE READ'S: " DML/Dragon, Going Strong ". Although, like I said, I hope they intend to take care of the Allied side of WW2 model kit's and also Post WW2, if that ain't asking too much.

- ralph
Sabot
entire network: 12,596 Posts
KitMaker Network: 2,557 Posts
Posted: Friday, July 25, 2003 - 01:57 PM UTC
I think DML does allied armor just fine. Who gives us the greatest selection of Sherman tank kits? Who did the T26/M26/M46 heavy tank a decade before Tamiya got to one. Still do the best M1A1 and a recently surpassed M1A2.

Now for the great Axis vs. Allies debate, I still think it is some secret DML company goal to make a figure of every German soldier who fought during WW2

I have a lot of respect for their kits. I "assume" their German armor are the most accurate since I know little about German armor. I buy some of their German armor because they look so darn cool (Maus, Elefant, Nightfighting Panther, Pz IVJ).

Ralph, chill. I don't think anyone was truly serious about trashing DML because of their penchant for producing German related merchandise. We've all been in the hobby long enough to know what sells. I'd rather have them make money selling German stuff and kick out the occasional modern or US model than to do only esoteric US kits and go belly up like Skybow did. They did produce superb kits though, thank goodness for AFV Club getting their molds.
avukich
Visit this Community
Virginia, United States
entire network: 760 Posts
Posted: Friday, July 25, 2003 - 02:21 PM UTC
Some folks here (no names mentioned but you know who you are) need to relax a little bit and stop taking things so seriously. Let's get real folks. These ARE toys that we all are arguing about. What I said was said tongue in cheek. I would in no way bash DML because I really enjoy building their kits (even the German stuff), but I do think that they could choose some less esoteric subjects (Hummel excluded) and focus on some more common vehicles. They could start by releasing some of their highly sough after kits such as the Jagdpanzer IV L/70, M4A1, Ic Firefly, etc. Then they could do to the SdKfz 251 series what they did with the Sdkfz 250 series. Then there is the Panzer II that no major manufacturer has done anything with since the ancient Tamiya Panzer II Ausf. F. They could also expand their T-34 line (yeah I know they are claiming that they are, but I will have to see it to believe it). I would be willing to bet a lot of money that all of the vehicles that I just named would make them loads more money than these goofy Morsers and Leopold. But like I said, I will not bash DML as I feel that they are a top rate company and are much more in tune with the modeling community than many other companies. Now why don't we all stop with the silly and pointless bickering and get back to modeling.
Plasticbattle
Visit this Community
Donegal, Ireland
entire network: 9,763 Posts
KitMaker Network: 1,351 Posts
Posted: Friday, July 25, 2003 - 02:23 PM UTC
I see also they must be re-rereleasing the railway flat bed, command wagon and one other. Great model webstore are taking pre-orders for them. Now with Leopold in their ranks, I suspect a few armored trains being modelled. Pity they wouldn´t do an armored locomotive as well.
PorkChop
Visit this Community
Wisconsin, United States
entire network: 3,179 Posts
KitMaker Network: 307 Posts
Posted: Friday, July 25, 2003 - 02:38 PM UTC
I'll be the first to rant about all ther German stuff, but I have the K5 and I think it's calling my name to be built!!!! Looks like a fun build of something I've never done before.

LOL Sabot: "Now for the great Axis vs. Allies debate, I still think it is some secret DML company goal to make a figure of every German soldier who fought during WW2 "
I would just add that they'll all be wearing camo smocks.....
mikeli125
Visit this Community
England - North West, United Kingdom
entire network: 2,595 Posts
KitMaker Network: 1,079 Posts
Posted: Friday, July 25, 2003 - 08:44 PM UTC
plasticbattle seen a kit of an armoured train in a model mag yesterday in the model shop
think it's cmd/cmk? i'll go find out if the company has a url and it's an excuse to vist the model shop again!
sgtreef
Visit this Community
Oklahoma, United States
entire network: 6,043 Posts
KitMaker Network: 1,603 Posts
Posted: Friday, July 25, 2003 - 11:36 PM UTC
I have the orginial Stug kit very nice work plus with added wheels for the panzer III in it also. Have seen the Loki another great kit .With the addition of the Leopold need to build a big cabinet so all these can be put in one place. Now for the Loco this would be nice and munitions Panzer IV this would be even greater. Nice to see the market move on to bigger and if you really think about it not to expensive kits if done in resin what would be talking about $400.00 $500.00 kits.
now where is that 1/16 scale trumpeter T/34 type 85 at !!
(++) (++) (++)
keenan
Visit this Community
Indiana, United States
entire network: 5,272 Posts
KitMaker Network: 2,192 Posts
Posted: Friday, July 25, 2003 - 11:37 PM UTC
Sorry if I ruffled feathers guys. Like my original post said, I am not complaing just making an observation. I plan on build the K5 just because.
Anyway, I really did not mean to start a flame war.

Shaun
cdave
Visit this Community
Posted: Saturday, July 26, 2003 - 04:01 AM UTC
Guys,

I too need to make sure everyone knows I was BS'in a bit on the "German, German, German..." comment.

Sure, I wish DML would come out with more modern stuff like an accurate LAV or even such items as a Bison or a Cyote, but really, if you count the total number of kits (DML being amoungst the many) that are stashed in both closets, gues what! German is 60% of my collection.

I won't even go into the percentage of the books......... #:-)

I just want to wish a bit. But for a better argument ("....and we came here for an argument" - remember your Monty Python now) where are you gys going to put a K-5 or one of these other monstrousities?

I'm just wondering what the heck I'm going to do with all these tranposters I have (and note that I do not have a wife or rug-rats running about the place)!

Dave
screamingeagle
Visit this Community
Posted: Saturday, July 26, 2003 - 06:41 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Some folks here (no names mentioned but you know who you are) need to relax a little bit and stop taking things so seriously. Let's get real folks. These ARE toys that we all are arguing about. What I said was said tongue in cheek. I would in no way bash DML because I really enjoy building their kits (even the German stuff), but I do think that they could choose some less esoteric subjects (Hummel excluded) and focus on some more common vehicles. They could start by releasing some of their highly sough after kits such as the Jagdpanzer IV L/70, M4A1, Ic Firefly, etc. Then they could do to the SdKfz 251 series what they did with the Sdkfz 250 series. Then there is the Panzer II that no major manufacturer has done anything with since the ancient Tamiya Panzer II Ausf. F. They could also expand their T-34 line (yeah I know they are claiming that they are, but I will have to see it to believe it). I would be willing to bet a lot of money that all of the vehicles that I just named would make them loads more money than these goofy Morsers and Leopold. But like I said, I will not bash DML as I feel that they are a top rate company and are much more in tune with the modeling community than many other companies. Now why don't we all stop with the silly and pointless bickering and get back to modeling.

Rob , Adam & anyone else, with all due respect, I think you misunderstood my last reply.
...I simply meant, I didn't want my topic to look one sided and cause any heated argument's.
Anyone can " trash & bash DML till kingdom come " It doesn't bother me a bit.
That's their right to do so. If you thought I took offense to it, then you certainly misread me.

- ralph
Victor123
Visit this Community
entire network: 12 Posts
Posted: Saturday, July 26, 2003 - 07:12 AM UTC
Hi all,
I agree DML is getting better especially in these 2-3 years, they released many excellent kits. Below US$20 you can get a tank kit+Photo-Etched Detail Parts, I think DML is really beating other Company like TAMIYA.

I would like to recommend a online store http://www.ent-mart.com
their DML price looks very nice, I have ordered 5 times from her since May without any problem. Yesterday, I just ordered a DML StuG III Ausf A (LAH) from them for only US$15.99

I really hope DMl can release more modern armor kits like British As-90, Challenger in Iraq Freedom, hope DMl will keep on the great work!
tazz
Visit this Community
New York, United States
entire network: 1,462 Posts
Posted: Saturday, July 26, 2003 - 11:20 AM UTC
i love to build german amor and german planes
but now iam on my plane kick
when i still have 2tanks to build
but i will get the
in the next few months
blaster76
Visit this Community
Texas, United States
entire network: 8,985 Posts
KitMaker Network: 2,270 Posts
Posted: Saturday, July 26, 2003 - 12:17 PM UTC
I have built a couple DML german armor kits and they've been wonderful. But, they are the ONLY ONES to release several sets of Viet Nam era figures. These unfortuneatly are OOP but I was lucky enough to get several sets. Hell I won't trash any model company unless they only make garbage. The more kits out there the more choies you have. Look at all the M-60 series they have, A-1, A-2, A-3 Blazer, passive armor, rollers, blades. I don't need to mention all the Sherman and M1 varieties out there. So many models, so little time
cdave
Visit this Community
Posted: Sunday, July 27, 2003 - 12:34 AM UTC
Tazz,,,,,

Quoted Text

but now iam on my plane kick

Say it isin't so bro! Gotta stay in tread-head land! #:-)

Have fun bro and yes, that Hummel will be in my shelf later in the year......
Dave
shonen_red
Visit this Community
Metro Manila, Philippines
entire network: 5,762 Posts
KitMaker Network: 2,610 Posts
Posted: Sunday, July 27, 2003 - 01:39 AM UTC
Is the Karl in the pic a reissue of the old one or just the same with a change in packaging? I wish they do a remake on the SCUD. Hell, it's very hard to do.
shonen_red
Visit this Community
Metro Manila, Philippines
entire network: 5,762 Posts
KitMaker Network: 2,610 Posts
Posted: Sunday, July 27, 2003 - 01:41 AM UTC

Quoted Text

What a month for this manufacture !!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Surely, they are nothing short of spoiling us modelers with these releases and the awaited re-issue of the StuG III Ausf A. They definitely aim to please. In my opinion, DML / Dragon has surely given meaning to the phrase " Leader of the Pack !

dr6150 DML/Dragon_Models 1/35 SdKfz 165 Hummel (Early)

dr6181 DML/Dragon_Models 1/35 Karl Geraet 54cm "Loki"

ReIssue StuG III Ausf A (LAH)

- ralph

I'll be waiting for this kits. Got to save a lot of ca$h. Need to buy first that railgun then the Karl
Recon
Visit this Community
Wisconsin, United States
entire network: 1,571 Posts
KitMaker Network: 648 Posts
Posted: Sunday, July 27, 2003 - 01:52 AM UTC
Who's to say what DML is going to release in the future. I am partial to WW2 German. I wish they would come out with the 251 series. One thing I wish they would do is to include more than 4 figures in their figure sets. I just hope they continue to produce the kits they are
and rerelease more of the older ones. Just my thoughts
Recon
MLD
Visit this Community
Vermont, United States
entire network: 3,569 Posts
KitMaker Network: 684 Posts
Posted: Sunday, July 27, 2003 - 02:16 AM UTC
If I remember correctly Shanghai Dragon did recently rerelese the SCUD kit
and VLS lists them in stock.

Mike
 _GOTOTOP