_GOTOBOTTOM
Modeling in General
General discussions about modeling topics.
Wow ! DML / Dragon ......going strong !
SS-74
Visit this Community
Vatican City
entire network: 3,271 Posts
KitMaker Network: 0 Posts
Posted: Sunday, July 27, 2003 - 04:18 AM UTC
Just a piece of extra information if anyone is interested. Tristar's next figure set will be German Sturmgeshutz Crews which is tailored for open top vehicles, and have 5 full figure one half figure, 8 different heads, and also complimentary 2 shell for the hummel, and 2 shell for the Marder (IIRC)

screamingeagle
Visit this Community
Connecticut, United States
entire network: 1,027 Posts
KitMaker Network: 269 Posts
Posted: Sunday, July 27, 2003 - 05:10 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Just a piece of extra information if anyone is interested. Tristar's next figure set will be German Sturmgeshutz Crews which is tailored for open top vehicles, and have 5 full figure one half figure, 8 different heads, and also complimentary 2 shell for the hummel, and 2 shell for the Marder (IIRC)

Hi Dave .... sounds great ! Thanks for the "heads up."
While over at Military Modeling Magazine forum, I found this:
NEW'S FROM THE EURO MILITAIRE SHOW 2003 ( We already know of the the 2 big gun kit's, but see the bold text ..... it's the first I've heard of these future releases ).

Dragon Models Ltd displayed 1:35 scale models of the German 28cm K5(E) railway gun Leopold (it’s very big) for future release and the already announced 60cm Mortar Karl which is in the shops in Japan and should be available in the UK by the time you read this. More 1:35 scale vehicle and figure kits are promised - including an M4A2 Sherman and an early T-34 variant.

- ralph
Halfyank
Visit this Community
Colorado, United States
entire network: 5,221 Posts
KitMaker Network: 1,983 Posts
Posted: Sunday, July 27, 2003 - 08:45 AM UTC

Quoted Text

More 1:35 scale vehicle and figure kits are promised - including an M4A2 Sherman and an early T-34 variant.

I sure hope you're right about this. I would really like to do an early production T34 and ANY Sherman kit is a good Sherman kit.

As to the deal about DML making so many German items, as long as the come out with the occasional Allied kit I'll try to control my jealousy. I wonder if these big new kits mean they are making more profits? Henry Ford used to say "Big car, big profits. Small car, small profits." If THAT is true in models maybe they can spend some of the profits they're making on coming out with more Allied figures, like more British and Commonwealth armored figures.

avukich
Visit this Community
Virginia, United States
entire network: 760 Posts
Posted: Sunday, July 27, 2003 - 09:18 AM UTC
We can only hope that they will come out with the 2 Sherman kits and 2 T-34 kits that they have listed in their catalogue, but the T-34 mod 1940 was supposed to be released in July and it hasn't shown up so I wouldn't hold my breath. They've been claiming that these 4 kits were on their way since February or March.
Jeepney
Visit this Community
Philippines
entire network: 1,538 Posts
Posted: Sunday, July 27, 2003 - 02:42 PM UTC
Been waiting for that early T-34 too. Been snooping around the hobby shop too much I'm afraid the owner will sic her chihuahua on me.
Whiskey
Visit this Community
Texas, United States
entire network: 1,038 Posts
Posted: Sunday, July 27, 2003 - 06:13 PM UTC
Im with cdave, I wish they would come out with an accurate LAV or for that matter a Stryker. DML is doing such a great job with other areas of armor so why not these?Plus I've been waiting for DML to finally release thier Modern Marines kit. I've had my expectations up for the better part of a year or longer now.
Posted: Monday, July 28, 2003 - 12:00 PM UTC
personally i'd like to see more late war German grenadieres with some of the late war weaponry and camo gear.
it would be nice to see Dragon come out with a competing 251D, a Tiger I(yeah i know that would be redundant), Trucks of various kinds, Artillery(German and Allied, WWll and modern), better Russian troops(WWll and modern), newer and better weapons sets, also some German 1/35th pilots, SA, HJ, new Volksturm, more and varied Afrika Korps troopers, RAD personnel, German Locomotives and new railcars, German workshop and supply personnel and equipment, a new and better Steyr RSO and (last, but not least) a nice PzllF.

Am i dreaming, ranting on too much or just a longing model builder?

Chris (++) the Long-winded Swine
yagdpanzer
Visit this Community
Ohio, United States
entire network: 415 Posts
Posted: Monday, July 28, 2003 - 01:41 PM UTC
HOORAY for DML! They have put out some really great models. I build everything, so they'll get my money no mater what it is.

Except for the BIG guns, just don't have any interest in them.

I would like to see some French and Italian WW11 armor kits produced.
Sabot
entire network: 12,596 Posts
KitMaker Network: 2,557 Posts
Posted: Monday, July 28, 2003 - 02:02 PM UTC

Quoted Text

Im with cdave, I wish they would come out with an accurate LAV or for that matter a Stryker. DML is doing such a great job with other areas of armor so why not these?Plus I've been waiting for DML to finally release thier Modern Marines kit. I've had my expectations up for the better part of a year or longer now.

My opinion on the Stryker is to wait until the operational tests are complete and production variants are being fielded. Nothing worse than for some company to jump the gun with a poor prototype or pre-production variant and then no one else wanting to do another correct production model.

Sat through a briefing today, looks like the 4th and 5th Stryker Brigades won't be funded until the operational tests are completed.
Venom
Visit this Community
Alessandria, Italy
entire network: 720 Posts
Posted: Monday, July 28, 2003 - 05:12 PM UTC
Great model,but I think the both railway gun are a little bit "expensive". I prefer the Hummel and the stug
Whiskey
Visit this Community
Texas, United States
Posted: Monday, July 28, 2003 - 06:30 PM UTC

Quoted Text

Sat through a briefing today, looks like the 4th and 5th Stryker Brigades won't be funded until the operational tests are completed.

If they are waiting on ops test for those two brigades then what are they doing with the second and third that they already ordered Rob?

But yes I could very well see your point on waiting for the model of the Stryker. That would be pretty bad to have a prototype or pre-production version and then having to wait several years for a correct one.
Whiskey
Visit this Community
Texas, United States
Posted: Wednesday, July 30, 2003 - 09:02 PM UTC
I guess that Dragon is coming close to releasing thier new U.S. Marines modern kit because I found this on thier site:

I hope that it does mean they are going to be released. Thats all I could find.
Sabot
entire network: 12,596 Posts
KitMaker Network: 2,557 Posts
Posted: Thursday, July 31, 2003 - 05:14 AM UTC

Quoted Text

If they are waiting on ops test for those two brigades then what are they doing with the second and third that they already ordered Rob?

Fielding the equipment to them and training them up on the equipment; however, both units that were earmarked to be Stryker Brigades both deployed to Iraq so the time table's a little off. The 5th brigade will be a Pennslyvania National Guard unit.
SS-74
Visit this Community
Vatican City
entire network: 3,271 Posts
Posted: Thursday, July 31, 2003 - 05:22 AM UTC

Quoted Text

I guess that Dragon is coming close to releasing thier new U.S. Marines modern kit because I found this on thier site:

I hope that it does mean they are going to be released. Thats all I could find.

Already released here in HK, quite nice.
TankCarl
Visit this Community
Rhode Island, United States
entire network: 3,581 Posts
KitMaker Network: 678 Posts
Posted: Thursday, July 31, 2003 - 11:31 AM UTC
Shonen That is an different kit,the wheels are down in the "driving height.And that Gerat 041 was the designation when the guns were re equiped to use the smaller 540 mm gun.
CDave
Quoted Text

where are you gys going to put a K-5 or one of these other monstrousities?

My Local shop displays my work,to help sell those items.I figure my Leopold will be on a sturdy shelf,at least until November.
 _GOTOTOP