Spare Parts
For non-modeling topics and those without a home elsewhere.
DSB Quarterly Award, Offcial One
SS-74
Visit this Community
Vatican City
entire network: 3,271 Posts
KitMaker Network: 0 Posts
Posted: Wednesday, July 23, 2003 - 04:52 AM UTC
I had locked down and unsticky the original thread, because I think my original good will had been a little twisted out of shape in the original post, so we will start anew, happy thought pigs.

SO here are the rules:

1. Of course must be a fellow oinker
2. You must have models on display either in rivet review or relative forums (this is a modeling site after all, and talk is cheap)

Think this as a club sub committee award, I could do it monthly, but in order to leaving an impression that we are competing with the UOM award, I am doing it quarterly. This is a little pat on the back for them PIGS that are contributing to the sty, and armorama in large by posting their work i.e. modeling.

For every 3 month I will donate a kit armor in 1/35 scale, or a plane in 1/48 scale or a figure in 1/16 to the winner of their CHOICE in plastic (and let's face it, I am not a Gates, so don't say you wanna a DML 1/35 K5 or any resin kits). I think this will be better than I just say Pershing for the first month, because then what if Holdfast or Tim won, what they gonna do with the tank?

I hope this will inspire more builds for the armorama site, and more picture get posted. Because this is not a contest of if you are popular, if you are only popular it doesn't cut it, you need to do modeling.

And Tomcat is so gratefully advised that he might also be able to donate PE upgrade for the award. (thanks buddy).

So I hope we can get back to modeling and nominating now. And So far we have the following nominee:

Twistedfate aka Tim aka Da Slimer Dude with his pinkish tank
WeWIllHold aka Steve Da OD Dude
Cliff aka Cliff aka Mr. Roo, Da Truck Bummy Dude

There will be no limite to nominee. and we do our votes in the open by posting in the voting thread in September, let's see how this work out.

Oink Freak'n Oink!!!!
(++) (++) (++) (++) (++)
WeWillHold
Visit this Community
Wisconsin, United States
entire network: 2,314 Posts
KitMaker Network: 185 Posts
Posted: Wednesday, July 23, 2003 - 05:47 AM UTC
About a dozen Sty members immediately pop into mind when I think of builders that post some great looking stuff in Armorama. I would like to nominate all of them here, (including the sponsor of this thread), but since Dave is being mean/rude (lol), and only allowing us two---here goes.

Octopus aka Squid, aka Steve-O, for his dynamite Tamiya M26 Pershing a bit back---a perfect example of olive drab pre-shading,-- and for the Tamiya Hummer and M88 also!!!

and

Obe, "Da PE god". His attention to detail is second to none. Look at his Panzer 1----a contest winner.

Thanks Dave for providing a wonderful opportunity for the DSB.

Steve

Grifter
Visit this Community
North Carolina, United States
entire network: 608 Posts
Posted: Wednesday, July 23, 2003 - 08:20 AM UTC
That sounds like a very good and most generous idea!
staff_Jim
Staff MemberPublisher
KITMAKER NETWORK
Visit this Community
New Hampshire, United States
entire network: 12,571 Posts
KitMaker Network: 4,397 Posts
Posted: Wednesday, July 23, 2003 - 11:11 AM UTC
Dave,
Considering some of the things flying through the air, I just wanted to go on record as saying I am fine with this award. I really don't see it competing with the UOM in any way and members (both in the DSB and outside) should understand that it's not an official Armorama award, but one being done by the founders of this group for members of the group.

Fine legal print has ended.

Cheers,
Jim
TankCarl
Visit this Community
Rhode Island, United States
entire network: 3,581 Posts
KitMaker Network: 678 Posts
Posted: Wednesday, July 23, 2003 - 01:05 PM UTC
And another nod to Oberst.
That Pz 1 takes modeling to a new level.And has seriously made me wonder about his sanity. Or at least his eyesight.
SS-74
Visit this Community
Vatican City
Posted: Wednesday, July 23, 2003 - 04:17 PM UTC

Quoted Text

Dave,
Considering some of the things flying through the air, I just wanted to go on record as saying I am fine with this award. I really don't see it competing with the UOM in any way and members (both in the DSB and outside) should understand that it's not an official Armorama award, but one being done by the founders of this group for members of the group.

Fine legal print has ended.

Cheers,
Jim

Thanks Jim, you totally understand my intention, and I cannot worded it better myself. You remain the greatest leader in my heart. Thanks!

Pigs, now we have Jim's Blessing, nominate away!!!!

Oink

Da truth and Da Great Webmaster is Outta there!!! (++) (++) (++)
andy007
Visit this Community
Wellington, New Zealand
entire network: 2,088 Posts
KitMaker Network: 471 Posts
Posted: Wednesday, July 23, 2003 - 08:08 PM UTC
I am going to have to nominate my felloww BUMMY ANZAC CLIFF!!!!!!!!
good to see him making and marketing his own molds and things.
TwistedFate
Visit this Community
Virginia, United States
entire network: 805 Posts
Posted: Thursday, July 24, 2003 - 03:41 PM UTC

Quoted Text

because then what if Holdfast or Tim won, what they gonna do with the tank?

You only say that cause you don't want to think about what I could do to a Pershing. heheheh

I forgot we can nominate Wolves too. As much as it pains me, I'm gonna have to give a nomination to a wolf, Mal (Holdfast). If you don't know why, then you don't spend enough time in the RRB. Go look up some of his fabulous birds.

Also want to nominate, SS-74, for everything he does for the DSB.
octupus
Visit this Community
Hong Kong S.A.R. / 繁體
entire network: 411 Posts
Posted: Thursday, July 24, 2003 - 11:31 PM UTC
Guys,

I am great to hear that Dave is gonna donate some kits for encouraging modeler fellow to post as many as their masterpieces on the Armorama site. It's a good idea to give us some stimulation.
By the way, thanks SteveWWH for including me in the nomination list. However, I think Dave have got the good ones, such as SteveWWH is one of the right guys who builds fabulous kits.

Dmd
Visit this Community
Oost-Vlaanderen, Belgium
entire network: 430 Posts
Posted: Friday, July 25, 2003 - 12:46 AM UTC
hi

it really sounds like a good idea from dave. about that nomination, i think that there where a lot of people who deserves a nomination.

like richsharpe, he made a real clean job on his latest tank, but also stephen lau (octopus) and david tong delivered some really nice models like dave's latest airplane, and those tanks and figure from steph, both where really nice and in my eye's better then my work (somethimes )

anyway those works really where eyecatchers

greetings

dmd
MrRoo
Visit this Community
Queensland, Australia
entire network: 3,856 Posts
KitMaker Network: 719 Posts
Posted: Saturday, July 26, 2003 - 10:04 AM UTC
Ah.........................this goes to prove what a good respectable piggy bum you really are Dave. I would like to nominate WeWillHold - what and that respectable piggy bum from Hong Kong........................................ahhhhh....what's his name now.You know the one you always stare at in the mirror Dave? Oh that's it it's you Dave as my second nomination. Why second? Well after all WWH-What is the OD expert after all and as we all know OD RULES! #:-) #:-)
Oberst
Visit this Community
Ontario, Canada
entire network: 851 Posts
Posted: Saturday, July 26, 2003 - 12:52 PM UTC
Hey Hey #:-)

Thanks alot Carl and Steve, it means alot.

Dave is always my nominee, as is WWH, for their dedication to modelling,
Not to mention all of the other DSB members and all of Armorama.

Take Care,

Andrew

SS-74
Visit this Community
Vatican City
Posted: Saturday, July 26, 2003 - 07:40 PM UTC
Hi Oinkers,

FOr them nominated me, I really appreciate the kindness, but please remember it will be weird if I give myself a prize. SO please do not nominate me. And nominate someone else, plenty of good oinkers. to name a few. Andy007, Oberst, Wildcat, Selrach, Warlock, etc, etc.

Sorry I can't name you all.

Oink freak'n Oink!
andy007
Visit this Community
Wellington, New Zealand
entire network: 2,088 Posts
KitMaker Network: 471 Posts
Posted: Saturday, July 26, 2003 - 08:58 PM UTC
Geez thanks Chris,

You ain't to bad a guy your self
airwarrior
Visit this Community
New Jersey, United States
entire network: 2,085 Posts
KitMaker Network: 559 Posts
Posted: Tuesday, July 29, 2003 - 04:22 AM UTC
my nominees are.................drum roll please.......... *pats desk in cheap drum sound* Steve WWH and da PE god Obe......or the sheep guy #:-) J/K Obe.......
MrRoo
Visit this Community
Queensland, Australia
entire network: 3,856 Posts
KitMaker Network: 719 Posts
Posted: Friday, August 01, 2003 - 10:04 AM UTC
Gee Dave you are hopeless. Why didn't you tell me you were not in the running. (hehehe be fun watching you run #:-) ). Now I hafta nominate someone else.

so I nominate Plastic Widow (Jean) for this, as I think her first model is good enough to deserve a prize of a second model to get even better.
blaster76
Visit this Community
Texas, United States
entire network: 8,985 Posts
KitMaker Network: 2,270 Posts
Posted: Monday, August 04, 2003 - 07:37 PM UTC
well zippity doo dah, I guess i better learn how to post