Spare Parts
For non-modeling topics and those without a home elsewhere.
DSB Quarterly Award, Pig of The Quarter
SS-74
Visit this Community
Vatican City
entire network: 3,271 Posts
KitMaker Network: 0 Posts
Posted: Tuesday, July 22, 2003 - 02:32 PM UTC
Been doing some thinking lately, and since Pak had been giving out Pig of the Month Awards for quite sometimes now. I like to spice it up a little bit. I decided that we will have a Pig of the Quarter Award. which the nominating will take place at Feb. May. August. November, and the voting will take place the following month. you need to meet the following to be elligible for being nominated

1. Of course must be a fellow oinker
2. You must have models on display either in rivet review or relative forums (this is a modeling site after all, and talk is cheap)

That's all you need that makes you elligible. I as the sponsor of the award will donate a kit every quarter for the award. the first quarterly prize will be a

TAMIYA M26 PERSHING

So tell me what you think, and start nominating.

Oink Bloody Oink!

(++) (++) (++) (++)
WeWillHold
Visit this Community
Wisconsin, United States
entire network: 2,314 Posts
KitMaker Network: 185 Posts
Posted: Tuesday, July 22, 2003 - 03:19 PM UTC
Lord Lens:
Dave---this is a great idea---- and an extremely generous offer on your part.

As we all know, there are some first rate modelers in the Sty specializing from figs, to armor, to air, (don't know if we have any ship dudes though (lol). These folks put out top notch work.

Just a great idea!

ps: One thing though---do the winners have to come to HK to pick up the kit???? #:-) #:-)

Signed
Lens Jr.
airwarrior
Visit this Community
New Jersey, United States
entire network: 2,085 Posts
KitMaker Network: 559 Posts
Posted: Tuesday, July 22, 2003 - 03:25 PM UTC
ooooooooooohhhhhhhhh..........bt can't we have just one early aviation kit........
SS-74
Visit this Community
Vatican City
Posted: Tuesday, July 22, 2003 - 03:26 PM UTC
Arh Lord Lens Jr,

Forgot to mention, since I am donating the kit, if you guys don't mind could you bear the shipping, I will pay for surface shipping if you don't mind slow. but if you like them shipped by air, you need to send me like 10 bucks for helping the shipping cost. Thanks.

Now let's nominate.

I would like to Nominate Lord WeWillHold, and Lord Cliff to be our first pig of the quarter.

(++) (++) (++)
TOMCAT14
Visit this Community
Warszawa, Poland
entire network: 312 Posts
Posted: Tuesday, July 22, 2003 - 07:37 PM UTC
Hello Mighty Piglets !!!! Oink , Oink

I'm not often "serf" in our Oink forum but My heart and soul is always with Oink,Oink!!! I want to be a "minisponsor" as You mighty fellows please me to be _ I want add some PE parts to every Quarterly Award .... so What You think ?

For nominate in this quarter , lately - I must think a litlle (++) (++)
SS-74
Visit this Community
Vatican City
Posted: Tuesday, July 22, 2003 - 07:52 PM UTC

Quoted Text

Hello Mighty Piglets !!!! Oink , Oink

I'm not often "serf" in our Oink forum but My heart and soul is always with Oink,Oink!!! I want to be a "minisponsor" as You mighty fellows please me to be _ I want add some PE parts to every Quarterly Award .... so What You think ?

For nominate in this quarter , lately - I must think a litlle (++) (++)

Lord Tomcat,

This will be great, I think it makes the prize more precious with the PE, god this is no mini contribution, they are almost as expensive as the kit itself. Thanks a lot.

Oink Freak'n Oink!!!!

(++) (++) (++) (++) (++) (++)

Da Truth and Da Tomcat is Outta There

PS. To thank your gracious offer, I will start to do my tomcat dedicate to you.
TOMCAT14
Visit this Community
Warszawa, Poland
entire network: 312 Posts
Posted: Tuesday, July 22, 2003 - 08:19 PM UTC

Ok ., So it's done - Awards are more special - I want to ask a Chief Sponsor - what about kind of awards - Not always our Pigs are the Panzer Maniac's so Award will be adjust for our interesting ?

Ok . For nominate I choose Twisted Fate - for his projects (++) (++)
GunTruck
Visit this Community
California, United States
entire network: 5,885 Posts
KitMaker Network: 1,405 Posts
Posted: Wednesday, July 23, 2003 - 02:15 AM UTC
Sounds good - but I'd recommend considering all the Piggies out there - and not just a couple who first come to mind. Shouldn't look like a "popularity contest". Many piggies have displayed there work here on site, lots to choose from...

Gunnie
turrettoad13
Visit this Community
Mississippi, United States
entire network: 607 Posts
Posted: Wednesday, July 23, 2003 - 02:18 AM UTC
good idea dave , i 2nd the motion for TWISTED FATE for his offer to do the custom decals
WeWillHold
Visit this Community
Wisconsin, United States
Posted: Wednesday, July 23, 2003 - 02:43 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Sounds good - but I'd recommend considering all the Piggies out there - and not just a couple who first come to mind. Shouldn't look like a "popularity contest". Many piggies have displayed there work here on site, lots to choose from...

This goes without saying. As Dave specified "

1. Of course must be a fellow oinker
2. You must have models on display either in rivet review or relative forums (this is a modeling site after all, and talk is cheap)

GunTruck
Visit this Community
Posted: Wednesday, July 23, 2003 - 02:48 AM UTC
WWH - saying and doing are often two very different things.

Gunnie
SS-74
Visit this Community
Vatican City
Posted: Wednesday, July 23, 2003 - 03:12 AM UTC
Oink!

What's the deal here. Think happy thoughts people. The reason I am doing this is three folds:

1. I am blessed that I am a friend of almost every single one of the pigs and member of Armorama. You people all hold a very special place in my heart for me, Cliff, Pak, Jackhammer (May god bless him), Jeepney, Octupus, WWH, Wildcat, Sel, Warlock, Stug, Tomcat, Tanks46, MJ, Obe (May lord perserve his cash crops and livestocks), Airwarrior, etc, etc. I like to do something for them. Let's face it, most of the people in the sty is of a rather low profile all over in the site, they don't talk much, they don't post much, most time just spending in the chat, and post one odd thing here and there. They need to be recongnized for what they did, no matter how much or how little to improve our community, a small one, the sty, a big one, the Armorama website.

2. I have the fortune live and work in a place that kits are cheap for me, I like to share my good fortune, I look at as a good karma thing for me. (pardon me for being selfish)

3. I am a member of local Lion's club chapter, our club has its official quarterly member awards, but also an old gentleman donates a little amount of cash every 3 month to award to the member of his choice/or by vote of the committee. Basicly the old gentleman has the say for whom to award, let's face it he is the donor, and he likes to do something nice. I don't want to just give away the kit by my choice to my favourite person, let's face it, if I do that, I prolly gave all the kits to myself, as the last time I checked, I am still my most favourite person. That's why I suggested a vote system so this will be fair.

All these said, I see your points, that's why I made up the 2 rules.

1st, need to be a registered pig for obvious reason.
2nd, need to have a model on display in one of the forums, this is pretty easy to judge, as there is no way you can get out of lying about it. 90 some witness .

Another reason for the second rule is to encourage more builds of the model, well, it's simple, if you like to win the quarterly piggie award, build a model and show us. so we can generate more traffic for the armorama site.

All these said, let's get back to the nominating if you want. and stop talking about the feasibility and morality of this award, because if I find my good will cause problems, it's just a snap decision for me to withdraw it. LOL.

Happy thoughts, pigs. And let's have some fun, and do some modeling.

Oh P.S. Every vote is a popularity contest, look at me, I am an UOM, I am not a contributor, nor an editor, I donated a little cash for the site improvement, and did a couple guys favour here and there, built a little average models, and I got it. I still can't believe it though. LOL....

(++) (++) (++) (++) (++) (++)
SS-74
Visit this Community
Vatican City
Posted: Wednesday, July 23, 2003 - 03:24 AM UTC
Oh by the way, this award will see Holdfast, Wolf 2, General Failure wolf 1, and PenPen, Wolf 3 also eligiable, I knew I said only pigs, but I love them 3 wolves, and they are good friends of mine. So be it.

LOL, Oink Oink Oink.

(++) (++) (++)
GunTruck
Visit this Community
Posted: Wednesday, July 23, 2003 - 03:24 AM UTC
Dave - I agree with you. I only make comments in the concern of the Site in general as a core member and Moderator. I usually don't comment at all, but when I do, it is in the greater interest of the site.

I think your intent is well-founded and admirable. I, however, do not appreciate a jab back for voicing a concern - being a member of the DSB and a member of this Site. I will continue to voice my concerns when I feel it appropriate to do so.

I wish success in this endeavor, but will not participate, since my concerns are against the grain.

Gunnie
WeWillHold
Visit this Community
Wisconsin, United States
Posted: Wednesday, July 23, 2003 - 03:25 AM UTC

Quoted Text

WWH - saying and doing are often two very different things.

Gunnie

Point taken Gunnie, but I have faith in the Sty members being able to judge based on the criteria Dave laid out in the original post. That's where I was coming from in my reply.

So---we can agree to disagree

Steve
TwistedFate
Visit this Community
Virginia, United States
entire network: 805 Posts
Posted: Wednesday, July 23, 2003 - 04:32 AM UTC
Gunnie, I think you need to explain yourself and your problem with this a little better. Because I am pissed slam off, and I hope to God I'm over reacting.

I don't see anybody complaining about the UOM awards. You aren't in that thread cautioning people to consider everybody. You've won that one, is it because you don't want to bite the hand the feeds you? Or do you think that as Pigs we aren't capable of rational thought on our own?

How is it that as soon as my name is mentioned you have a problem? Why does that mean somebody hasn't considered all the piggies? Since I'm the only one that has been nominated so far it has to be me that you have the problem with. It can't be the contest in general since this is nearly identical to the UOM. If I shouldn't be nominated let's hear your reason so I can be struck from the list.
TwistedFate
Visit this Community
Virginia, United States
entire network: 805 Posts
Posted: Wednesday, July 23, 2003 - 04:35 AM UTC
Tomcat, Airwarrior: Thanks guys, I really appreciate it.

I hate to double post, but I didn't want this to get lost in my rant above.