Hosted by Matt Leese
Does no one here use Aztek Airbrushes?
discordian
Visit this Community
New Jersey, United States
entire network: 239 Posts
KitMaker Network: 38 Posts
Posted: Monday, November 23, 2009 - 01:44 AM UTC
I've been noticing that not many people on this forum talk about Aztek airbrushes.

I use an older Aztek airbrush I got used on eBay really cheap.
I'm pretty happy with it in general because it's really easy to clean.
I have 4 nozzles for it but really only use the general purpose and high flow.
I haven't really tried doing fine lines as I've done most of my shading with brushed on washes.
I only use it for acrylics.

Just wondering if anyone else uses an Aztek and if you have any tricks to pass on?

What is the typical life of a nozzle?
I take it apart and soak the nozzle pieces in windex - would it make more sense to buy a cleaning station and run cleaner through it.
SSGToms
Visit this Community
Connecticut, United States
entire network: 3,608 Posts
KitMaker Network: 512 Posts
Posted: Saturday, December 05, 2009 - 08:43 AM UTC
I think most of us have had an Aztek at one time or the other. I had had Badger and Paasche airbrushes before trying Aztec. Over the years I had a 470, a 490, and the metal body 490. I had all the tips too. My problem was consistency of performance. I thought the system was neat, versatile, and easy to use and clean. But the tolerances between all the parts are so loose that it was tough to get it to shoot the same way twice. Precision work and truly tight camo patterns were hit and miss to impossible. Eventually I became discouraged at even the best Aztec equipment and bought an Iwata Revolution CR. That's when I learned how much of a joy airbrushing could be. Easy to clean, too.
Delbert
Visit this Community
Pennsylvania, United States
entire network: 2,659 Posts
KitMaker Network: 865 Posts
Posted: Sunday, December 06, 2009 - 12:48 AM UTC
Howdy..

back when I started and was trying to learn how to airbrush, i used them.. had 3 azteks at one time... some people swear by them.......... I'm not one of those people..

In the end I had 2 choices, give up trying to learn airbrushing or go a different route.. I took the plundge and got a couple of badgers... the difference to me was so extream the azteks got pitched..

Delbert.
 _GOTOTOP