_GOTOBOTTOM
Modeling in General
General discussions about modeling topics.
Good deal at Harbor Freight
Bribo
Visit this Community
Louisiana, United States
entire network: 205 Posts
KitMaker Network: 0 Posts
Posted: Tuesday, July 15, 2003 - 04:00 AM UTC
Just to let anyone who may be interested know, Harbor Freight has discontinued the spray booth they used to carry. (has been favorabley reviewed here many times) but there are still some stores wtih stock left. As it is discontinued, there are additional discounts on the booth. I bought the last one in New Orleans last night, for $50. Worth a trip if anyone has a store locally and would like to get one of these gems before they are gone. HTH.
Teacher
Visit this Community
England - North West, United Kingdom
entire network: 4,924 Posts
Posted: Tuesday, July 15, 2003 - 09:57 AM UTC
I just wish I was a little closer to New Orleans..........for all sorts of reasons! Whilst on the subject, would a commercially available cooker hood work if vented outside? I mean if a cabinet of some sort was constructed to act as the booth?
GhengisWong
Visit this Community
United States
entire network: 74 Posts
Posted: Tuesday, July 15, 2003 - 10:15 AM UTC
Hi Teacher,

I've heard of people who used cooker hoods that worked quite well. I used a bathroom ceiling fan in my homemade spray booth. When I was at Home Depot, the cooker hood was around $80, while a bathroom fan only cost me $25. That combined with a computer box, some furnace filters, and some 3" ducting made a nice booth for my garage.

Just be careful of the possibility of sparks ->fire if you aren't using a brushless fan.

That Harbor Freight deal sounds sweet. Wish I could get to one to check it out.
Kencelot
Visit this Community
Florida, United States
entire network: 4,268 Posts
KitMaker Network: 1,174 Posts
Posted: Tuesday, July 15, 2003 - 10:50 AM UTC
GhengisW., if you go Here , look for your state and see if one is close by. If so, give em a call. You may get lucky with one still in stock.
Bribo
Visit this Community
Louisiana, United States
entire network: 205 Posts
Posted: Wednesday, July 16, 2003 - 02:57 AM UTC
I've seen aticles where people havemade booths out of cooker hoods, the fan in them is perfect, as it is made to work in a flammable (grease, from food) evironment. They are fairly inexpensive at Home Depot or Lowe's, in the US. They also have the added benefit of (usually) coming with a built in light.
GhengisWong
Visit this Community
United States
entire network: 74 Posts
Posted: Wednesday, July 16, 2003 - 03:56 AM UTC
Thanks Kencelot.

There are a couple stores in the area. I'll give them a call and see what's happening. Appreciate the link.

Jason
 _GOTOTOP