_GOTOBOTTOM
User Support
Having a problem with the site? Post it here.
How-To question regarding KitMaker Gallery
jantkowiak
Visit this Community
North Carolina, United States
entire network: 113 Posts
KitMaker Network: 14 Posts
Posted: Tuesday, September 29, 2009 - 05:29 PM UTC
Hi! I'm not sure this is a good place for this question, but there doesn't seem to be any help available on KitMaker.net. It seems that I've uploaded as many photos as I can, over the last few years. Now I'd like to take some down and upload new ones -- only I can't figure out how to delete a photo once it's there!

The images I want to remove are not part of any album; they're just posted under "My Photos."

Can anyone help?

Thanks --

John A.
Merlin
Staff MemberSenior Editor
AEROSCALE
Visit this Community
United Kingdom
entire network: 17,582 Posts
KitMaker Network: 2,250 Posts
Posted: Thursday, October 01, 2009 - 02:53 AM UTC
Hi John

Click on the photo so that you see it full size and you'll get a row of icons underneath it. The one in the centre (looks like a monitor screen) is Edit Photo. Click on that and one of the options is to delete the photo.

All the best

Rowan
dioman13
Visit this Community
Indiana, United States
entire network: 2,184 Posts
KitMaker Network: 356 Posts
Posted: Thursday, October 01, 2009 - 05:07 AM UTC
Great. I was wondering how to do that the other day. Do you know how many pic's we can store? I tried to down load more the other day and hit my limit with the pixels or whatever and had to stop. I have only a few pic's there and can't download anymore. But to be fair, my computer skills are that of a kid in kindergarden.
Merlin
Staff MemberSenior Editor
AEROSCALE
Visit this Community
United Kingdom
entire network: 17,582 Posts
KitMaker Network: 2,250 Posts
Posted: Thursday, October 01, 2009 - 08:45 PM UTC

Quoted Text

Do you know how many pic's we can store? I tried to down load more the other day and hit my limit with the pixels or whatever and had to stop.

Hi Bob

I think you've got 10 Mb in the Gallery these days, so how many pics you can store all depends on how big (filesize) they are. You can have a pic that's pretty big in terms of the number of pixels, but is still quite a small file. But as a rough guide, I normally go for around 100Kb as a reasonable compromise beween filesize and quality on the internet (big files also take ages to view for anyone with a slow connection) and you could expect to fit around 100 pics like that in your Gallery space.

All the best

Rowan
 _GOTOTOP