Spare Parts
For non-modeling topics and those without a home elsewhere.
Flippin' people!!!
edoardo
Visit this Community
Milano, Italy
entire network: 642 Posts
KitMaker Network: 25 Posts
Posted: Wednesday, October 14, 2009 - 05:03 AM UTC
Hi Tony,
I am with you too.
Here in Italy, the majority doesn't like the Army at all, and even some of the comments herein would be considered as "fascist"... peopele here just take everything for granted without considering the cost, the pains and the sacrifice of many who made them possible; nor they consider a duty and a priviledge to serve to mantain them.
I am so fed up with this attitude but here everything becomes biased, you cannot argue nor show the evidence, you became instantly a bloody criminal...

Anyway, sorry for the outbrust, but what happended to your doughter made me burn...
I join the others in thanking her for her job!
Edo
Tonyfr
Visit this Community
Ohio, United States
entire network: 516 Posts
KitMaker Network: 96 Posts
Posted: Wednesday, October 14, 2009 - 07:42 AM UTC
Thanks everyone. My daughter passes along her gratitude as well.

Tony
retiredbee2
Visit this Community
Florida, United States
entire network: 757 Posts
KitMaker Network: 180 Posts
Posted: Wednesday, October 14, 2009 - 11:21 AM UTC
For twenty two years , I wore the uniform of our country for your daughter. Now she is wearing it for me. You and I can both be very proud. May God look after her...........Al
NebLWeffah
Visit this Community
Alberta, Canada
entire network: 1,683 Posts
KitMaker Network: 284 Posts
Posted: Wednesday, October 14, 2009 - 12:43 PM UTC

Quoted Text

For twenty two years , I wore the uniform of our country for your daughter. Now she is wearing it for me......

Well said Alfred, VERY well said indeed.

Bob

ps - we can fight them there, or we can fight them here....which would you prefer?
endrju007
Visit this Community
Wojewodztwo Podkarpackie, Poland
entire network: 2,435 Posts
KitMaker Network: 203 Posts
Posted: Monday, October 26, 2009 - 01:18 AM UTC
Tony,

I may be wrong, but this is what I think about what happened to your daughter: although US took part in most wars that took place in XX and XXI century most of US citizens never seen or even felt any result of war or human oppression. Freedom (of speech, of work, of religion etc) is given to them and something given has no value for them. Value of freedom is understood only for these who fought for it or experienced lack of it.
Therefore actions of your daughter are not understood and undervalued only by people who take freedom for granted and don’t understand its value.
People who understand the purpose and know real image of actions of your daughter and her army friends would never say something like that.
Knowing history of Poland I cannot underestimate importance of army.

BTW: I don’t think your daughter should mind anyone fukked up enough to wish other person’s child burn in hell (such a gentle, pacifistic mind…)

Give my regards to your daughter.

Andrzej
driffowl
Visit this Community
England - North East, United Kingdom
entire network: 42 Posts
KitMaker Network: 28 Posts
Posted: Saturday, November 28, 2009 - 09:41 AM UTC
hi tony,i have only just come across this forum so i apologise for my tardiness in replying.
i cannot agree with most of the things that bush & blair/brown have done over the last 20 years,but.
i will be eternally grateful to your daughter and her comrades in arms be they brits americans italians,swedes,greeks or whatever nationality for defending my right to say that,my dad fought in
ww2 thanks to him and his mates im free to build minature german/japanese models not watch the real thing patrolling down my street.seeing people in britain abuse soldiers makes my blood boil.please tell your daughter to ignore the scumbags that say things like that to her.i hope she goes on to have lots of beautiful children and because of brave men and women like herthey have long happy and peaceful lives.we've just had a girl in this country win the military cross.please thank your daughter
from me and my family and keep up the good work