_GOTOBOTTOM
Photography
Questions about shooting your models and dioramas? Ask here.
Editing Plug-Ins
bracomadar
Visit this Community
Arkansas, United States
entire network: 410 Posts
KitMaker Network: 0 Posts
Posted: Saturday, July 05, 2003 - 11:04 PM UTC
For those that have PaintShopPro, Adobe PhotoShop, Corel PhotoPaint, or one of the other major brand photo editing software, I found something that's cool that you "might" be able to use. It's a plug-in for making easy camo patterns. Here's the link All you do is download the file and then click on it to install and send it to your photo editing software directory into the plugins folder. If you don't have one, just create one like I did. Then open up file you want to use it on, or a blank one in the program you installed it to and then it should be under “Effects”. (I’m going by what PaintShopPro7 has it as) It works great and has some camo patterns already put in there. It’s rather spiffy if you ask me. It'd be nice to add to a website background, to text, make your own reference, etc. The Marines just made their computer generated camo pattern, NOW YOU CAN TOO KIDS!!! #:-) The same site also has a plug-in for snowflakes and night vision. So for any modern or BOB dio it would work great. I've also found some out there (not this site though) that simulate realistic water reflective effects. I didn't even know much about these until a few days ago, so check em' out. I think they can be put to a lot of use in our hobby.
Kencelot
Visit this Community
Florida, United States
entire network: 4,268 Posts
KitMaker Network: 1,174 Posts
Posted: Sunday, July 06, 2003 - 12:28 AM UTC
Yes indeed. VanDerLee's plugins are pretty cool. Along with the camo PI, he has some other ones worth noting.
Halftone is cool for making your model look like it's from an old newspaper or photo.
Nightvision and Snowscape add cool effect too.
Thanks for pointing them out Bracomadar.
scoccia
Visit this Community
Milano, Italy
entire network: 2,606 Posts
Posted: Sunday, July 06, 2003 - 12:33 AM UTC
Great link Brad. Thanks a lot.
Ciao
slodder
Visit this Community
North Carolina, United States
entire network: 11,718 Posts
KitMaker Network: 2,584 Posts
Posted: Sunday, July 06, 2003 - 04:31 AM UTC
That's cool. My first thought was it will be great to produce a mask template for masking off a kit.

Great post. Downloaded and going to try it out in a bit.
scoccia
Visit this Community
Milano, Italy
entire network: 2,606 Posts
Posted: Sunday, July 06, 2003 - 04:48 AM UTC
Just the same tought I had Scott. Moving all of or vehicles to the NATO 3 colour camo it's exactly what i need...
Ciao
bracomadar
Visit this Community
Arkansas, United States
entire network: 410 Posts
Posted: Sunday, July 06, 2003 - 09:10 AM UTC
Here's where you can get the water effect one. HERE This would be good for ship builders, or someone wanting to show their figures walking through water like this

There's a lot more I haven't searched through yet on here
 _GOTOTOP