_GOTOBOTTOM
Photography
Questions about shooting your models and dioramas? Ask here.
problems posting
Mar-74
Visit this Community
Western Australia, Australia
entire network: 679 Posts
KitMaker Network: 166 Posts
Posted: Saturday, July 05, 2003 - 10:40 AM UTC
Hi guys,
Im stuck for ideas what to do next. i cant post pics on the armorama msn site. every time i try half the pic is ok and the other half is scrambled. the pics are in jpeg format and i have tried removing and reloading msn photo uploader and have contacted msn who are very slow at repsonding! Im getting frustrated now, this is one of the reasons i bought my digital camera in the first place.
heres what the problem looks like

any computer experts or novices out there that have any ideas on how to solve this problem please shout them out!!!!
thanks
Mar-74
Visit this Community
Posted: Saturday, July 05, 2003 - 10:42 AM UTC
i'll try again -
http://groups.msn.com/Armorama/mar6874swork.msnw?action=ShowPhoto&PhotoID=11447
Kencelot
Visit this Community
Florida, United States
entire network: 4,268 Posts
KitMaker Network: 1,174 Posts
Posted: Saturday, July 05, 2003 - 12:42 PM UTC
Hmm... I've never seen that before.
I assume that you can view the pic on your PC without the screwy effect? Did you upload just one pic at a time or several at once?
Mar-74
Visit this Community
Posted: Saturday, July 05, 2003 - 12:50 PM UTC
i can see the pic fine, in properties it says its a jpeg, ive tried individually and as a group. ive posted before no problems and managed to get one up this time. but cant get anymore up there for reasons unknown to me any ideas?
Kencelot
Visit this Community
Florida, United States
Posted: Saturday, July 05, 2003 - 01:03 PM UTC
Martin, I must say I do not know. I just uploaded 2 pics of different size in your album w/o any problems. Could you email any of your pics? I'll check to see if maybe it's on your end (PC).
staff_Jim
Staff MemberPublisher
KITMAKER NETWORK
Visit this Community
New Hampshire, United States
entire network: 12,571 Posts
KitMaker Network: 4,397 Posts
Posted: Saturday, July 05, 2003 - 01:35 PM UTC
Martin,
I have seen that error many times before on other sites since the inception of the internet. I would guess it's a file corruption issue and may be caused by lot's of things. If you are on a dial-up connection there could be some noise on the line that could be causing errors when transmitting data. This is a wild guess though so again it may be numerous other factors. Try uploading files on another free service (or our own campaign area) and see if the same problem pops up.

Take heart though. Another week or so and I should be able to finish the programming work I need to do to launch the new photo posting area. Then we can practically kick MSN to the curb and just use it as a backup site.

Jim
Fritz
Visit this Community
Metro Manila, Philippines
entire network: 495 Posts
KitMaker Network: 0 Posts
Posted: Saturday, July 05, 2003 - 02:14 PM UTC
Yo mar6874, it seems that we have the same problem posting some images. Just not so long ago I was posting some images on the Filipino Forum but to no avail. So any MAC users out there can you help ma post?
Mar-74
Visit this Community
Posted: Saturday, July 05, 2003 - 03:33 PM UTC
Thanks for your efforts guys, this ones got me beat. Ive scanned my pc and theres no problems, so i dont know what it might be. i'll try tidying my files up tomorrow. making more space etc.
Kenceleot if you pm me your email i'll send them to you and then well know if theres a problem with my pc or possibly my camera.
Oce again thanks guys

(crying in my beer, well i would be if i had one!)
Kencelot
Visit this Community
Florida, United States
Posted: Saturday, July 05, 2003 - 03:53 PM UTC
Martin, they arrived and uploaded w/o incidence. mar6874's work

We'll get to the bottom of this yet...
Mar-74
Visit this Community
Posted: Sunday, July 06, 2003 - 06:07 AM UTC
well im stumped now, spent the whole day rebooting my pc completely to rectify this and still the same problem. it cant be my pc cos it was rebooted to as it was out of the factory. it cant be the camera because kencelot managed to post my pics for me, so what could it be?
I wouldnt have thought it would be my internet provider as im on broad band. Any more ideas people?
think i'll have a trip down to a computer shop tomorrow and see what they say.
Darklord
Visit this Community
Canada
entire network: 44 Posts
KitMaker Network: 0 Posts
Posted: Sunday, July 06, 2003 - 06:15 AM UTC
i am having the same problems too its my first time putting pics up i am not sure if it is the the way i put the [img] file wrong or summthing. i use groups.msn.com
Mar-74
Visit this Community
Posted: Sunday, July 06, 2003 - 07:24 AM UTC
dark lord my problems are actually uploading the photos onto the internet so i can post them in the armorama site. If your photos are on the net then this link should help you-

https://armorama.kitmaker.net/modules.php?op=modload&name=FAQ&file=index&myfaq=yes&id_cat=9&categories=How+do+I+add+images+to+the+forums%3F&parent_id=1
 _GOTOTOP