_GOTOBOTTOM
Modeling in General
General discussions about modeling topics.
My new guntruck crew
Armor135
Visit this Community
Ohio, United States
entire network: 335 Posts
KitMaker Network: 101 Posts
Posted: Monday, April 29, 2002 - 11:38 PM UTC
Hey guys whats up? Just thought that i would share this with you guys about my guntruck crew. I took the figures from the DML helicopter crew and switched some of the legs, arms, and torsos around to make them fit in the guntruck. If i can find picture somewhere I could tell you what i did. I also used a figure from the Tamiya PBR (Captian), a Dragon driver from the seal boat, and a figure from Verlinden. The crew is basically resting and looking through some maps trying to find out where they are going maybe for a dio, or telling some soldiers where to go, becasue i have one guy holding a map in one are and pointing. If i ever get the Hobby Fan guntruck conversion the one with the 50's on it I think the APC, or FSV verions iam not sure does anyone know what figures i could use or convert to make them firing the guns? i allready have one figure for a side 50 and thats teh rear 50gunner in the PBR kit. Any one else have any suggestions?

I also took a crew man from the Helicopter crew and put him on Nancy firing the M-60, they all turned out really nice i just want to get the Verlinden head set and change the heads around a little.

Thanks,
Mike
Armor135
GunTruck
Visit this Community
California, United States
entire network: 5,885 Posts
KitMaker Network: 1,405 Posts
Posted: Tuesday, April 30, 2002 - 01:22 AM UTC
MIke, have you considered using the two Hobby Fan gun truck figure sets? They're cast already for what you seem to be looking for...

Gunnie
Kencelot
Visit this Community
Florida, United States
entire network: 4,268 Posts
KitMaker Network: 1,174 Posts
Posted: Tuesday, April 30, 2002 - 01:58 AM UTC
Mike, here's a set of HobbyFans figures for the Guntruck:

This is M35A1 GUNTRUCK CREW, kit # 530

They have two other figure sets of which I can't locate a pic of them now. Gunnie?
#532 1/35 GUNTRUCK CREW 1
# 533 1/35 GUNTRUCK CREW 2
Hmmm, I'm not even sure if these are the kits you're looking for.
m1garand
Visit this Community
Washington, United States
entire network: 1,248 Posts
KitMaker Network: 0 Posts
Posted: Tuesday, April 30, 2002 - 02:04 AM UTC
#532 1/35 GUNTRUCK CREW 1

# 533 1/35 GUNTRUCK CREW 2

Available from http://redlancers.com/minilistout.asp?subcat=741&mfg=320&page=4
GunTruck
Visit this Community
Posted: Tuesday, April 30, 2002 - 02:04 AM UTC
To complete Sir Kencelot's response:

http://www.modelmecca.com/fh532.htm A photo of two fighting compartment gunners and M-60 machine guns...

http://www.modelmecca.com/hf533.htm A photo of two gunners relaxing in the fighting compartment...

Hope this helps too Mike - don't really know if this is what you're seeking. Posted at the same time as M1Garand's post above...

Gunnie
Armor135
Visit this Community
Ohio, United States
Posted: Tuesday, April 30, 2002 - 05:21 AM UTC
Ok thanks for all the info guys. I've allredy seen the Hobby Fan guntruck crews just wondering if there was anyother way I could convert some so they werer firing the 50's on one of the Hobby Fan guntruck conversions. Gunnie is your real name Jim? I cant remember, but heres a question for you, the Hobby Fan guntruck conversion you have that the M-60 gunners go in it has the 2 M-60's on the side. Anyways can that conversion be turned into the guntruck Ace of Spaids? it looks almost the same just put the front ring mount on it that comes with the kit?? thanks guys. thanks for the pics. 2

Mike
Armor135
GunTruck
Visit this Community
Posted: Tuesday, April 30, 2002 - 05:32 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Ok thanks for all the info guys. I've allredy seen the Hobby Fan guntruck crews just wondering if there was anyother way I could convert some so they werer firing the 50's on one of the Hobby Fan guntruck conversions. Gunnie is your real name Jim? I cant remember, but heres a question for you, the Hobby Fan guntruck conversion you have that the M-60 gunners go in it has the 2 M-60's on the side. Anyways can that conversion be turned into the guntruck Ace of Spaids? it looks almost the same just put the front ring mount on it that comes with the kit?? thanks guys. thanks for the pics. 2

Mike
Armor135

Yes Mike, my real name is Jim. I was dubbed "Gunnie" by our SiteMaster here early on to prevent users from confusing us in posts. Coolest nickname I've ever gotten since "Hummer". It'll be the one that I keep forever...

Sure, you can rework either of the HF conversion kits into the "Ace of Spades" without too much consternation - that would be a nice one to select for you to do.

I'm thinking about other figures that you might convert into .50cal gunners like you mention. When I go home to the Fortress Solitude, I'll ponder the question further when surrounded by models and inspiration...

Gunnie
GunTruck
Visit this Community
Posted: Wednesday, May 01, 2002 - 02:25 AM UTC
Sorry Mike - I went lookin' around the collection last night and didn't find anything other than what you already mentioned in the thread to model your gun truck figure ideas...

Gunnie
Armor135
Visit this Community
Ohio, United States
Posted: Wednesday, May 01, 2002 - 02:55 AM UTC
Ok thanks for all of the help Jim. Heres a site you might wana check out it has a ton of nice Vietnam models if you havent allready been there, and for everyone else who is interested. If you guys can tell me how to put a link in the message i'll post it but it wont let me drag it into here. Jim on the web page there a guntruck actually quite a few but its under New Photos called DREED, i think your Quad 50 is on the home page actually. Does the crew on the DREED look like converting, of from a kit??

Mike
Armor135
GunTruck
Visit this Community
Posted: Wednesday, May 01, 2002 - 02:59 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Ok thanks for all of the help Jim. Heres a site you might wana check out it has a ton of nice Vietnam models if you havent allready been there, and for everyone else who is interested. If you guys can tell me how to put a link in the message i'll post it but it wont let me drag it into here. Jim on the web page there a guntruck actually quite a few but its under New Photos called DREED, i think your Quad 50 is on the home page actually. Does the crew on the DREED look like converting, of from a kit??

Mike
Armor135

Hmmmm - I wonder what website that may be. Perhaps Rene Van der Hart's Vietnam Models website. I'll pop on over there and take a looksee...

Gunnie
GunTruck
Visit this Community
Posted: Wednesday, May 01, 2002 - 03:13 AM UTC
Mike - I think this is the place you mentioned:

http://www.geocities.com/vietnammodeling

I never heard of a Deuce called "Dredd" before, but hey - one never knows...

The figures appear to be converted Verlinden items to me, and possibly DML torsos...

Gunnie

Armor135
Visit this Community
Ohio, United States
Posted: Wednesday, May 01, 2002 - 06:09 AM UTC
Yeah, Yeah that would be the site iam talking about iam pretty sure. There is another web site i found with a lot of guntruck models. Heres the link to it. It has a lot of usful information and about 7-8 pages of Guntrucks, and a few gunjeeps. go through the pages and you'll see Guntruck Models something like that here it is:

http://communities.msn.com/VietnamGuntrucks/shoebox.msnw

that should do it,

Mike
Armor135
Armor135
Visit this Community
Ohio, United States
Posted: Wednesday, May 01, 2002 - 06:09 AM UTC
Yeah, Yeah that would be the site iam talking about iam pretty sure. There is another web site i found with a lot of guntruck models. Heres the link to it. It has a lot of usful information and about 7-8 pages of Guntrucks, and a few gunjeeps. go through the pages and you'll see Guntruck Models something like that here it is:

http://communities.msn.com/VietnamGuntrucks/shoebox.msnw

that should do it,

Mike
Armor135
 _GOTOTOP