TV, Movies, and Games
Talk about TV, Movies, Gaming or anything entertainment related.
Star Wars: ATC the Novel
YodaMan
Visit this Community
United States
entire network: 1,561 Posts
KitMaker Network: 485 Posts
Posted: Thursday, May 02, 2002 - 05:59 AM UTC

Quoted Text

(I know, I know, go on the 16th and on the weekend! Not sure I'd be able to pull that one off. )

That's what I plan to do. Or, I hope to anyway... I'm sure the movie will be in the theater long enought to see it plenty of times! :-)
Quoted Text

Oh yeah, can't wait to take my stepson to see AOTC.

M1, how old is he? I can't wait to take my nephew to Episode III (he's still a little too young for AOTC)
Greg, I agree with everything you said. You sure described the first scene in ANH as it is! I still get goosebumps when I hear the main SW theme. (I now think track 13 on AOTC soundtrack is the most interesting (if not best) of all SW music... It just defies description!) I REALLY want to know what happens in the last five minutes of the movie!!!

YodaMan
Two weeks until the Attack!!!
m1garand
Visit this Community
Washington, United States
entire network: 1,248 Posts
KitMaker Network: 0 Posts
Posted: Thursday, May 02, 2002 - 06:02 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Quoted Text

(I know, I know, go on the 16th and on the weekend! Not sure I'd be able to pull that one off. )

That's what I plan to do. Or, I hope to anyway... I'm sure the movie will be in the theater long enought to see it plenty of times! :-)
Quoted Text

Oh yeah, can't wait to take my stepson to see AOTC.

M1, how old is he? I can't wait to take my nephew to Episode III (he's still a little too young for AOTC)
Greg, I agree with everything you said. You sure described the first scene in ANH as it is! I still get goosebumps when I hear the main SW theme. (I now think track 13 on AOTC soundtrack is the most interesting (if not best) of all SW music... It just defies description!) I REALLY want to know what happens in the last five minutes of the movie!!!

YodaMan
Two weeks until the Attack!!!

He's 11 and is as stoked about it as I am! :-)
Phantom
Visit this Community
Missouri, United States
entire network: 195 Posts
Posted: Thursday, May 02, 2002 - 06:21 AM UTC
Would love to take my son, but he's only 4. My wife would kill me 'cause he'd be blasting things and swordfighting more than usual! It'd drive her nuts.

Hey, on second thought. . . .
m1garand
Visit this Community
Posted: Thursday, May 02, 2002 - 07:13 AM UTC
Here's a link if anybody wants a lightsaber:
Lightsaber
YodaMan
Visit this Community
United States
Posted: Thursday, May 02, 2002 - 09:10 PM UTC
Here's some more affordable sabers. Well, kind of more affordable anyway. I still want one. :-) I could use one for the 16th....
http://www.lightechindustries.com
http://www.parksabers.com
Today in the paper, they've announced a contest in which the prize is two tickets to see AOTC on opening day, transit to and from in a limo, food, and a Star Wars prize package. All I have to do is explain in 50 words or less why I'm the biggest Star Wars geek in Central Illinois! Piece o' cake! :-) :-)

YodaMan
Star Wars geek am I
m1garand
Visit this Community
Posted: Thursday, May 02, 2002 - 09:59 PM UTC

Quoted Text

Here's some more affordable sabers. Well, kind of more affordable anyway. I still want one. :-) I could use one for the 16th....
http://www.lightechindustries.com
http://www.parksabers.com
Today in the paper, they've announced a contest in which the prize is two tickets to see AOTC on opening day, transit to and from in a limo, food, and a Star Wars prize package. All I have to do is explain in 50 words or less why I'm the biggest Star Wars geek in Central Illinois! Piece o' cake! :-) :-)

YodaMan
Star Wars geek am I

You shouldn't have any problem winning that. :-)
YodaMan
Visit this Community
United States
Posted: Thursday, May 02, 2002 - 10:01 PM UTC
Here it is, hope it's coherent:
A Star Wars geek am I. Speak like Yoda, I do. Memorized dialogue from the first four movies I have. Very many are the times I have watched the movies. Many toys do I own. Many Star Wars models have I built. A long time have I awaited Episode II.
I figured I'd have to do something to make my entry stand out from the rest...... :-)

YodaMan
Greg
Visit this Community
Oregon, United States
entire network: 455 Posts
KitMaker Network: 149 Posts
Posted: Thursday, May 02, 2002 - 10:07 PM UTC
Ahh, my dear YodaMan, but can you actually replicate the little gnome's voice? I have done so for years, to the intense delight of children around us in the long movie lines. Adults love this, BTW. They welcome anybody's help to keep the munchins from being bored in line...
Greg
YodaMan
Visit this Community
United States
Posted: Thursday, May 02, 2002 - 10:16 PM UTC
Well.... I can kinda reproduce the voice. It really depends on what the line is. Sometimes I think I sound a little more like Yaddle than Yoda. (you do know who Yaddle is, right?) I'm pretty good at the lightsaber sounds though. :-) I've only been practicing those since I first saw A New Hope!

YodaMan
Posted: Monday, May 06, 2002 - 12:44 PM UTC
i was a fan of star wars until the latest series of books and episode one, i don't have anything to do with that franchise anymore. it has gone into to many stupid directions. just my own opinion. sorry if i offend someone.
drewgimpy
Visit this Community
Utah, United States
entire network: 835 Posts
KitMaker Network: 350 Posts
Posted: Monday, May 06, 2002 - 12:51 PM UTC
I just have to agree with the coment on the last song on the soundtrack. It is so awsome! My wife is a bigger star wars fan than I am (she is a complete FREAK when it comes to Star Wars). I got the soundtrack a couple days ago for her B-day and she about died when she heard the last song.

Also, I am sure everyone has been to starwars.com but if not go check out all the cool video of the trailers and making of the movie clips. Believe me you can spend HOURS there
YodaMan
Visit this Community
United States
Posted: Monday, May 06, 2002 - 08:52 PM UTC

Quoted Text

I just have to agree with the coment on the last song on the soundtrack. It is so awsome! My wife is a bigger star wars fan than I am (she is a complete FREAK when it comes to Star Wars). I got the soundtrack a couple days ago for her B-day and she about died when she heard the last song.

Also, I am sure everyone has been to starwars.com but if not go check out all the cool video of the trailers and making of the movie clips. Believe me you can spend HOURS there

It's good to know someone out there is as excited as I am! I'm guessing she didn't read the novel then?
StarWars.com...movie trailers...hours? Hours? I think you meant days, but I'll overlook that little typo. :-)

YodaMan
Phantom
Visit this Community
Missouri, United States
Posted: Tuesday, May 07, 2002 - 10:35 AM UTC
My son asked the magical question tonight..."Daddy, can I watch your Star Wars movie?"

"Why sure son, in fact I'll watch it with you!!!!"

The cantina scene with the aliens was a little rough - he's only four - but now that we're at the battle of Yavin, he has a lego starship that he's flying aroudn, blasting everything in sight.

....I think I'm gonna cry.....:-)

-Paul
YodaMan
Visit this Community
United States
Posted: Tuesday, May 07, 2002 - 08:50 PM UTC
Great news, Phantom! It's even better if he watches Star Wars, but never knows Star Trek existed. (I have this thing against ST) I'll have to try to get my nephew to watch ANH the next time he's here. He turns 4 in June. I kinda figure he's had enough of the Veggie Tales....

YodaMan
Go Red Wings!!!
Phantom
Visit this Community
Missouri, United States
Posted: Wednesday, May 08, 2002 - 01:33 AM UTC
No Star Trek in this house - Like you, I really can't stand it, something about the whole 'prime directive, solve everything without resorting to violence' thing. No blasters, only phasers - I don't wanna 'phase' the bad guys, I wanna Blast 'em!!

Matthew's 4 in July, so I'm sure your nephew will love watching ANH with Uncle Yoda. I think we'll go ahead and try Empire, not too many weird aliens, several good gun battles, and of course Yoda there is, Hmmmmnnn.

-Paul
YodaMan
Visit this Community
United States
Posted: Wednesday, May 08, 2002 - 01:51 AM UTC

Quoted Text

No Star Trek in this house - Like you, I really can't stand it, something about the whole 'prime directive, solve everything without resorting to violence' thing. No blasters, only phasers - I don't wanna 'phase' the bad guys, I wanna Blast 'em!!

Phasers? You mean 'dustbusters', right? 'We don't wanna shoot ya. but if you're not careful we'll vacuum you to death!' What-ever!

YodaMan
PS I'm sorry if I have offended any Trekkies out there
PPS Not really