_GOTOBOTTOM
Modeling in General
General discussions about modeling topics.
Missing parts
drewgimpy
Visit this Community
Utah, United States
entire network: 835 Posts
KitMaker Network: 350 Posts
Posted: Friday, January 25, 2002 - 04:19 PM UTC
I am grateful for the advice I have gotten on building my sherman, but I found a problem tonight apon further inspection. It looks like I am missing a whole bunch of parts including the turent and main gun. I got it with a gift certificate at hobbytownUSA but cant find the reciept. I do have a little credit on the gift certificate still and remember the guy who sold it to me about 3 weeks ago. Does anyone think I would have a shot at getting them to swap it for a good one? If not, should I just contact tamia? The decals are also missing. :-
Kencelot
Visit this Community
Florida, United States
entire network: 4,268 Posts
KitMaker Network: 1,174 Posts
Posted: Friday, January 25, 2002 - 05:18 PM UTC
One thing I have learned in these years is, It Never Hurts To Ask!...welll most of the time. Give it a shot, the worst they can say is" no". If they say no, let us know.
HunterCottage
Visit this Community
Stockholm, Sweden
entire network: 1,717 Posts
KitMaker Network: 590 Posts
Posted: Friday, January 25, 2002 - 07:58 PM UTC
I've found Tamiya to be very reasonable. It seems like a whole sprue is missing, but I think Kencelot is right ask Hobbytown first.
drewgimpy
Visit this Community
Utah, United States
entire network: 835 Posts
KitMaker Network: 350 Posts
Posted: Saturday, January 26, 2002 - 06:30 AM UTC
Well I just got home, and they gave me the missing parts out of another kit they had. It turns out there are 2 bags of parts in that kit and the one with the turrent and decals didn't make it into my box. So I am all set, I will start it tonight. They said that they have had a few problems with Tamiya kits missing parts and have a hard time getting them to believe the kits are faulty because tamiya claims to weigh ever kit they make to be sure they are equal. Oh well I am very happy, I got it fixed.
Sabot
entire network: 12,596 Posts
KitMaker Network: 2,557 Posts
Posted: Saturday, January 26, 2002 - 10:14 AM UTC
I have to admit, out of the thousands of kits I have every bought or built, Tamiya is the only one where I never had a missing or deformed part. But that does not mean that it doesn't happen with their kits.
ChrisCarney
Visit this Community
North Carolina, United States
entire network: 88 Posts
KitMaker Network: 0 Posts
Posted: Saturday, January 26, 2002 - 08:32 PM UTC
I agree with what Kencelot says. ASK. The worse they can say is "No". I've never had any problems with Tamiya when it comes to missing parts. AND I love Hobbytown, I had the pleasure of visiting one while working in Corpus Christi Tx. We don't have those up here in North Carolina. I wish we did. Chris (Tiger 1) Carney.
 _GOTOTOP