_GOTOBOTTOM
Modeling in General
General discussions about modeling topics.
Now look what you've done.
PvtParts
Visit this Community
New Jersey, United States
entire network: 1,876 Posts
KitMaker Network: 626 Posts
Posted: Monday, June 23, 2003 - 10:17 AM UTC
Wow, I got bit hard by the bug! Since Bro (Kencelot) managed to peek my interest again in this wondeful hobby ,I feel Im losing control. I must say it was a fun weekend, though it cost me over $200.00. Please dont tell the wife. I told her I found them (worked when I was 8 ).
What I found was an Aztec4709, Reg.Moisture trap combo, and 2 new builds (1 on the table going and hav'nt even staightened up my work area yet) As I progress Ill post shots. In the meantime Ive gotta run..dont wanna be late for my P.B.A. meeting...Plastic Builders Anonyomous(sp.?) " Hi my names John....blame Ken!"

:-) :-)
ModlrMike
Visit this Community
Alberta, Canada
entire network: 714 Posts
KitMaker Network: 0 Posts
Posted: Monday, June 23, 2003 - 11:00 AM UTC
Good start. You could tell her that once the initial outlay has been made, it is usually small amounts of money after that. In my experience, it only works for a short while, of course.
Merlin
Staff MemberSenior Editor
AEROSCALE
Visit this Community
United Kingdom
entire network: 17,582 Posts
KitMaker Network: 2,250 Posts
Posted: Monday, June 23, 2003 - 11:14 AM UTC
Hi all

Armorama has got me more committed to modelling than I've been in years! I love the place, but it's a bad influence... if this carries on I'll have to invest in broadband...

All the best

Rowan it's not a problem, really... it's not a problem...
Delbert
Visit this Community
Pennsylvania, United States
entire network: 2,659 Posts
KitMaker Network: 865 Posts
Posted: Tuesday, June 24, 2003 - 02:19 AM UTC
heres my solution

I Just figure out what me and the wife spend for dinning out for the month and compare it to that.. and now a year and a half later i've got my inital outlay all done and I spend very little on stuff... maybe $10 to $20 here and there a month.... hmm except for today...... I just told my wife thank you for the birthday present..............the micromark paint shaker.... that I just ordered........

remember.. you have to catch the other half in a good mood to... that helps.......
cfbush2000
Visit this Community
North Dakota, United States
entire network: 1,796 Posts
KitMaker Network: 479 Posts
Posted: Tuesday, June 24, 2003 - 02:29 AM UTC
Hi and Welcome to the site.
You got a good air brush. (OK, I have to say that cause I have one, but I really do like it.)
So...what kit's did you buy and which one did you start?
Chuck
PvtParts
Visit this Community
New Jersey, United States
entire network: 1,876 Posts
KitMaker Network: 626 Posts
Posted: Tuesday, June 24, 2003 - 12:52 PM UTC
Not to skirt the issue....but I will...Starting with what I feel is fairly simple (though Im finding none are) as I move along Im going to post progress as not to embarrass myself. Rest assured I will have a million questions to ask. The best part is..here they get answered :-)
cfbush2000
Visit this Community
North Dakota, United States
entire network: 1,796 Posts
KitMaker Network: 479 Posts
Posted: Tuesday, June 24, 2003 - 05:26 PM UTC
You're right about that. And we all learn from each other's questions. :-)
MrRoo
Visit this Community
Queensland, Australia
entire network: 3,856 Posts
KitMaker Network: 719 Posts
Posted: Wednesday, June 25, 2003 - 09:30 AM UTC
G'day from down under. I see you have started the right way with an olive drab (OD) softskin water tank truck. And it's a GMC-CCKW to!!!!!.

Way to go bro. If you want any info on this or other OD softskins just PM your questions to me. :-)
csch
Visit this Community
Buenos Aires, Argentina
entire network: 1,941 Posts
KitMaker Network: 307 Posts
Posted: Wednesday, June 25, 2003 - 10:37 AM UTC
Great start ! Better donŽt worry about your wife, in this hobby most of us have the same problem, youŽll discover what creative you can be telling strange stories. :-) :-) :-)
SniperSoldier
Visit this Community
Sao Paulo, Brazil
entire network: 1,638 Posts
KitMaker Network: 825 Posts
Posted: Wednesday, June 25, 2003 - 11:12 AM UTC
GREAT START
ROBERTO
stugiiif
Visit this Community
Virginia, United States
entire network: 1,434 Posts
KitMaker Network: 114 Posts
Posted: Wednesday, June 25, 2003 - 11:24 AM UTC
Word of advice. DON'T MOVE TO JAPAN!!!!!! My wife still thinks I spend too much money, but the kit are cheaper!!! A lot cheaper, so I buy'em but hey I just reminder her about the cost of the kits and she softens a bit. stug
blaster76
Visit this Community
Texas, United States
entire network: 8,985 Posts
KitMaker Network: 2,270 Posts
Posted: Wednesday, June 25, 2003 - 06:34 PM UTC
When I was married, I invited my wife (to be) to a model show. She thought it was pretty cool and I bought her her own kit. Once in a while I let her participate in one of my projects, and I took time to help her with hers. You might try that approach, then you no longer have to justify wht you buy, just deal with "Where's mine?"
 _GOTOTOP