Spare Parts
For non-modeling topics and those without a home elsewhere.
new guitar again
endrju007
Visit this Community
Wojewodztwo Podkarpackie, Poland
entire network: 2,435 Posts
KitMaker Network: 203 Posts
Posted: Sunday, October 25, 2009 - 11:22 PM UTC
Let's find some bass player, drummer and we can start Kitmaker Network Band .
We could agree on list of songs and split melodic lines through "artists" In time of internet it would be easy to record it at home and than send to one of us for mixes and mastering .

Andrzej
adamsmasher
Visit this Community
Illinois, United States
entire network: 192 Posts
KitMaker Network: 135 Posts
Posted: Wednesday, October 28, 2009 - 06:38 AM UTC
Finally got around to taking photos; sadly these are all crappy cellphone pictures.

This is my baby, a 2008 Gibson Les Paul Standard:

1999 Custom B.C. Rich Mockingbird. I replaced the pickup with one I had laying around because the stock pictures weren't that spectacular.

Unsure of the year or model, but it's obviously a Strat clone made by Epiphone.

This is actually my Wife's bass, but I use it a lot for recording. It's a Gretsch.

I really want to get a Gretsch Country Gentlemen, but who has that kind of money to throw around?
AussieReg
Staff MemberAssociate Editor
AUTOMODELER
Visit this Community
Victoria, Australia
entire network: 8,156 Posts
KitMaker Network: 593 Posts
Posted: Wednesday, October 28, 2009 - 03:52 PM UTC
Hey Adam, thanks for posting the pics. Lovely fiddleback figuring on the Gibson, and I haven't seen a Mockingbird for years !!

What do you listen to while you're modelling ?

Cheers, D
adamsmasher
Visit this Community
Illinois, United States
entire network: 192 Posts
KitMaker Network: 135 Posts
Posted: Wednesday, October 28, 2009 - 04:14 PM UTC
When I had B.C. Rich build that guitar they didn't seem to be producing too many Mockingbirds, and the few they did looked different (the headstock for example). I really prefer a more classic headstock so I had them use that instead - funny thing is they are making more Mockingbirds now and they are using headstocks like that now. I doubt it was anything I did, rather maybe they came to the same conclusion I did. I want to strip off the black finish on top and stain and poly it, in addition to some other changes.

I usually work in the living room so I'm sharing the space with my Wife and Daughter, so normally I'm listening to the TV. That said, when we do play music it's usually things like The Damned, The Cure, The Prids, Nick Cave, a lot of 60's rock like The Kinks or The Beatles (the latter being particularly the case if my daughter is in control of things)... hmm... a lot of Japanese bands. Sometimes we get out some of the old records we've collected over the years and play stuff like Billy Boyd, Les Paul, Chet Atkins or Françoise Hardy. It's really all over the place.

Btw, really like that SG of yours. You got that for $300? Nice!