What filler (require recommendation)
md72
Visit this Community
Washington, United States
entire network: 4,950 Posts
KitMaker Network: 564 Posts
Posted: Saturday, April 15, 2006 - 11:06 AM UTC

Quoted Text

I don't know if this has reached your shores, Gunze has introduced a jar of Dissolved Putty. Easier to apply with a brush. no need to look for thinner or solvent to soften that tube of putty you got.

Ok so this is only a 3 year old post, but, I just picked up some Mr. Dissolved Putty on a trip to Korea. Anybody got any recommendations, horror stories about it?
Foxy
Visit this Community
Nordrhein-Westfalen, Germany
entire network: 332 Posts
KitMaker Network: 43 Posts
Posted: Saturday, April 15, 2006 - 01:19 PM UTC
I originally wass using Tamiya or Revell putty, but somehow this year I discovered Vallejo putty.
That is really great stuff I won't have to miss anymore.
It dries very quickly with a little opaque look, is free of solent so there is really no stench at all (maybe bad if you are used to sniffling chemicals ) and could be removed with water as long as it has not dried completly.
Once I filled the stuff in the gap, e.g. the joint of the arm and the torso of a figure, I use a q-tip moistured with water to get a smooth surface. Then minor sanding and you are done with filling the gap.

Hope that helps, although the thread is 3 years old
md72
Visit this Community
Washington, United States
entire network: 4,950 Posts
KitMaker Network: 564 Posts
Posted: Monday, April 17, 2006 - 01:50 AM UTC

Quoted Text

and could be removed with water as long as it has not dried completly

Sounds similar to Milliput. I've used that before, but the rest of the roll tends to dry out long before I use it. I've seen two recommendations on the Vallejo today. I'll have to try it soon. I just wondered if I had a real find with this Mr. Dissolved Putty or just another pretender.
CRS
Visit this Community
California, United States
entire network: 1,936 Posts
KitMaker Network: 336 Posts
Posted: Monday, April 17, 2006 - 02:00 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Mr. Dissolved Putty

Tried it don't care for it, doesn't "work" as easily as other fillers. for cases where I need something as thin as Mr. Dissolved Putty I prefer to use Mr. Surfacer 500 or 1000.
 _GOTOTOP