_GOTOBOTTOM
Tools & Supplies
Discussions on the latest and greatest tools, glues, and gadgets.
Hosted by Matt Leese
What the heck is this?
Halfyank
Visit this Community
Colorado, United States
entire network: 5,221 Posts
KitMaker Network: 1,983 Posts
Posted: Sunday, June 15, 2003 - 05:13 AM UTC
What a surprise, I got an airbrush for Father's Day! Of course I only had to leave 'hints', like the model number, price, and where to get it. You can't be subtle when it comes to modeling supplies. I got a Testors, Aztec A320 which I understand is pretty good for beginners.

Now I have a question. There is an item in the kit that is not mentioned in any of the instructions and I have no idea what it is or what it does. Can anybody help me?

Here are some shots of it.

It's about the size of the lid for the paint bottles. The gray thing on top can unscrew and it backs out the brass thing in the center. The silver thing on the side can also unscrew. None of the threads on it line up with either the connector to the air tank or the compressor. I'm stumped on what it is.

I'll be contacting Testors on Monday but I thought somebody here might know what it is.

Thanks in advance.

Sabot
entire network: 12,596 Posts
KitMaker Network: 2,557 Posts
Posted: Sunday, June 15, 2003 - 05:16 AM UTC
It's for the canned air.
Kencelot
Visit this Community
Florida, United States
entire network: 4,268 Posts
KitMaker Network: 1,174 Posts
Posted: Sunday, June 15, 2003 - 05:17 AM UTC
That my friend screws onto a can of propellant. Canned air, in case you do not have a compressor.

Happy Father's Day. Nice gift.
Holdfast
Staff MemberPresident
IPMS-UK KITMAKER BRANCH
Visit this Community
England - South West, United Kingdom
entire network: 8,581 Posts
KitMaker Network: 963 Posts
Posted: Sunday, June 15, 2003 - 06:52 AM UTC
:-) Yep, canned air wotsit :-) Very nice gift for fathers day, I will be shaming my daughters later on this evening
Mal
Halfyank
Visit this Community
Colorado, United States
entire network: 5,221 Posts
KitMaker Network: 1,983 Posts
Posted: Sunday, June 15, 2003 - 07:02 AM UTC
Thanks for the info folks but I still don't understand. The hose that comes attached to the airbrush has a connector on it that screws onto the can. It also comes with an adapter to use on a compressor. I can see where this thing-a-m-gig screws onto the air can but the silver thingy on the side that has threads on it doesn't match up to the connector on the hose.

Any more info would be helpful.

Thanks again.
Holdfast
Staff MemberPresident
IPMS-UK KITMAKER BRANCH
Visit this Community
England - South West, United Kingdom
entire network: 8,581 Posts
KitMaker Network: 963 Posts
Posted: Sunday, June 15, 2003 - 07:24 AM UTC
:-) Errrrrrrrrrrrr, throw it away
Sorry :-) I can't imagine any other use for it. The only other adaptor you might get is for an innertube, but it's not that. If you have a compressor I shouldn't worry about it :-)
Mal
stugiiif
Visit this Community
Virginia, United States
entire network: 1,434 Posts
KitMaker Network: 114 Posts
Posted: Sunday, June 15, 2003 - 11:42 AM UTC
hey a don't throw that away!!!!!!!! It's an adapter thats needed it brings the the tiny female fitting to a standard 3/8th in air fitting found on most compressors. It comes in handy with other Testors/Aztek airbrush hosesbut the fun starts when you get you second airbrush, and you don't get that handy little hose adapter, I recommend keeping it if you don't need it stug
 _GOTOTOP