_GOTOBOTTOM
Modeling in General
General discussions about modeling topics.
PRIZES
Lucky Draw Winners
Tarok
Visit this Community
Victoria, Australia
entire network: 10,889 Posts
KitMaker Network: 2,373 Posts
Posted: Saturday, February 14, 2009 - 08:19 PM UTC
Hi all,

As I'm sure you all know, some of the staff of the Kitmaker group of modelling websites are participating in a group build titled "The Kitmaker Staff Challenge 2009".

In determining the subject each staff member would be building we invited you, the members, to cast your votes. As part of the fun we decided to hold a lucky draw for all voters.

Now before I announce the winners, please bear with me a moment while I explain the draw process...

We divided the voters into 3 globals zones:

1) Americas (North and South)
2) Europe, Middle East & Africa (EMEA)
3) Pacific (Asia, Australia, New Zealand and Pacific Islands)

In each zone staff from each zone offered a range of prizes, this was partially to keep postage costs (which will be borne by the staff) lower.

So for each zone, we had 2 draws, namely the first for the winner, and the second draw being that of the prize.

My wife drew the names and prizes out the hat, and not knowing any of the members or the value of the prize (or anything else about the prize for that matter ) so is entirely impartial.

Without further ado, here are the winners per zone, and their prizes:

1) Americas: Matthew Quinney (aka nosewrit).

Matthew has won AFV Club's 1/35 Centurion Mk. 5/1 (Vietnam) kindly sponsored by Jim Lewis (Guntruck). Matthew, please send Jim Lewis your postal details.

2) EMEA: Jerry Jenkins (Pavlovsdog)

Jerry has won a Hasegawa 1/72 scale B-25J Mitchell (Solid Nose) kindly sponsored by Rowan Baylis (Merlin). Jerry, please send Rowan Baylis your postal details.

3) Pacific: Chas Young (youngc)

Chas has won a prize pack consisting of a Airfix 1:48 BAe Hawk 100 Series and Warriors WA35586 US Inf. NAM (1/35) sponsored by myself. Chas, please send me your postal details.

Congrats to the 3 prize winners, and a big thank you to all voters. Please continue to support the KSC2009 by visiting the blogs of the participating staff members. You will find the blogs on the sites represented per the voting results seen here.

Rudi
c5flies
Visit this Community
California, United States
entire network: 3,684 Posts
KitMaker Network: 411 Posts
Posted: Saturday, February 14, 2009 - 09:15 PM UTC
Woohoo! Congratulations to the winners............ah, you're all winners in my book.

Enjoy, and thanks for all the support!
TacFireGuru
Visit this Community
Colorado, United States
entire network: 3,770 Posts
KitMaker Network: 747 Posts
Posted: Sunday, February 15, 2009 - 02:10 AM UTC
Congrats guys!

Really like how the entire shindig was worked; from concept to member input to the upcoming builds.

Thanks to all how participated.

Mike
Merlin
Staff MemberSenior Editor
AEROSCALE
Visit this Community
United Kingdom
entire network: 17,582 Posts
KitMaker Network: 2,250 Posts
Posted: Sunday, February 15, 2009 - 02:36 AM UTC
Congratulations everyone - and thanks for supporting KSC2009! Here's to KSC2010 - and I do promise to try to finish Bryn by then!

All the best

Rowan
old-dragon
Visit this Community
Illinois, United States
entire network: 3,289 Posts
KitMaker Network: 592 Posts
Posted: Sunday, February 15, 2009 - 07:34 AM UTC
Congrats to the winners, but I think all concerned{forum builders too} are winners...I did the "armor only" for years after my return to modeling{3 years now, to be exact} and found that building out of that genre has made me a better modeller by trying different things on different builds. All I have to do now is get even good at building/painting figures and I'm pretty well set for covering all the bases{that will be monumental feet as I suck at painting figures!}.
Tarok
Visit this Community
Victoria, Australia
Posted: Sunday, February 15, 2009 - 02:17 PM UTC

Quoted Text

Congrats to the winners, but I think all concerned{forum builders too} are winners...I did the "armor only" for years after my return to modeling{3 years now, to be exact} and found that building out of that genre has made me a better modeller by trying different things on different builds. All I have to do now is get even good at building/painting figures and I'm pretty well set for covering all the bases{that will be monumental feet as I suck at painting figures!}.

Thanks Bob

Through our own cross-genre building one of the things we hope to achieve through this little group build is to hopefully inspire others to build out their normal area and thus become more rounded modellers. We also hope that though this GB to introduce ourselves as staff and modellers to the other Kitmaker sites.

For the prize winners, I hope you're sending your details off to the prize sponsors.

Chas: I have yet to receive your details, matey.
newfish
Visit this Community
England - West Midlands, United Kingdom
entire network: 2,329 Posts
KitMaker Network: 167 Posts
Posted: Sunday, February 15, 2009 - 02:28 PM UTC
Well Done guys

I cant wait to see the staff start their projects

Tarok
Visit this Community
Victoria, Australia
Posted: Tuesday, February 17, 2009 - 11:17 AM UTC
Have all the lucky draw winners sent their postal details to the prize sponsors?
GunTruck
Visit this Community
California, United States
entire network: 5,885 Posts
KitMaker Network: 1,405 Posts
Posted: Tuesday, February 17, 2009 - 01:49 PM UTC
Congratulations to all!

Matthew - I'm waiting for your mailing details to ship off your kit! :-)
 _GOTOTOP