_GOTOBOTTOM
Modeling in General
General discussions about modeling topics.
CMK RESIN advice needed
darkstar
Visit this Community
New York, United States
entire network: 209 Posts
KitMaker Network: 0 Posts
Posted: Friday, June 06, 2003 - 05:02 AM UTC
hey guys..slap me in the head
..but just found platzdarms web site...has anybody delt with them yet..and what do you all think of cmks resin sets....theres alot i would like to get mostly engine sets for hummers and 900 series 5tand real models m-109 engine and details set.
.any advice and comments ..all appreciated .
.and sabot if you read..let me know how arrurate the things look...mostly the m-109 engine compartment set they show...thanks Ray
Sabot
entire network: 12,596 Posts
KitMaker Network: 2,557 Posts
Posted: Friday, June 06, 2003 - 07:13 AM UTC
I've got several CMK products. The M998 HMMWV engine and M151 engine in resin, the Bergenpanzer IV multimedia kit (Tamiya PzKpfw IV hull, with resin, white metal and some limited production injection molded plastic parts), their Jagdtiger barrel and resin mantlet, and their JS3 Stalin barrel and resin mantlet and a PzKpfw 35(t) (haven't opened this kit yet). Resin parts in the kits are decent.
MrRoo
Visit this Community
Queensland, Australia
entire network: 3,856 Posts
KitMaker Network: 719 Posts
Posted: Friday, June 06, 2003 - 08:55 AM UTC
I can only comment on the CMK fuel tank conversion set for the Tamiya GMC whick while accurate was very brittle and mismoulded so I had to scratchbuild most of it to get a model that 'worked'.
Hollowpoint
Visit this Community
Kansas, United States
entire network: 2,748 Posts
KitMaker Network: 841 Posts
Posted: Sunday, June 15, 2003 - 03:01 AM UTC

Quoted Text

I can only comment on the CMK fuel tank conversion set for the Tamiya GMC whick while accurate was very brittle and mismoulded so I had to scratchbuild most of it to get a model that 'worked'.

Gee, Cliff, sorry you got a bad one. I also have this conversion and it was just fine. I do have a few criticisms of the kit -- it doesn't have the proper spare-tire holder (I had to steal one from the Italeri water truck), the markings are pretty bogus (they're based on a restored French truck), and the tool box is questionable (also a remnant from the restored truck). I especially thought the jerry cans were fabulous castings.
zer0_co0l
Visit this Community
Limburg, Netherlands
entire network: 1,432 Posts
KitMaker Network: 0 Posts
Posted: Sunday, June 15, 2003 - 03:46 AM UTC
I got some cmk figures
and their train

only one word WOW

I think its a farlygood brand
you have to do some work @ their kits but you have 2 do that with most manufacturors
if anyone knows of a company that sells stuff you dont need to trim or add stuff please let me know (++)
 _GOTOTOP