_GOTOBOTTOM
Tools & Supplies
Discussions on the latest and greatest tools, glues, and gadgets.
Hosted by Matt Leese
Is it worth to resurect a Badger Crescendo?
HunterCottage
Visit this Community
Stockholm, Sweden
entire network: 1,717 Posts
KitMaker Network: 590 Posts
Posted: Thursday, January 15, 2009 - 04:40 AM UTC
It looks like I have done considerable damage to my Badger Crescendo 175. I'm still waiting for Badger to reply, but looking at several websites that have replacement parts it would cost about $40 US to fix my airbrush. It was given to me, so outright it is cheaper to fix it than buy a new one. But is it worth it?? I have experience with Paasche, Badger, and Aztek. I was looking forward to using the Crescendo, mainly to see how it is.

I need advice...
LongKnife
Visit this Community
Jönköping, Sweden
entire network: 831 Posts
KitMaker Network: 19 Posts
Posted: Thursday, January 15, 2009 - 05:35 AM UTC
I have a Crescendo 175, but frankly bought it because it was the cheapest double action I could find at the time. I've had to learn by myself, like most of us, with the tips I have found on the web, so I can't say that I'm a guru after two years with it.

Anyway, If you prefer acrylics I guess you should be a bit careful. I try to use soft solvents, and maybe that's my problem, but I can never trust the needle to stay sharp and clean. There is allways the risk of paint building up, so I make sure to have a wet q-tip at hand for swiping off. I haven't tried a camo freehand yet, but I don't think I could get the line thin enough for a good demarcation line.

A friend has the same type, but sprays enamels with heavier solvent. It works better for him, but we have both been drooling over other (read: more expensive) stuff.

Tony.
HunterCottage
Visit this Community
Stockholm, Sweden
Posted: Saturday, January 17, 2009 - 06:29 AM UTC
Interesting that you mentioned the acrylics. I had actually wondered about that...

Still haven't heard from Badger...
HunterCottage
Visit this Community
Stockholm, Sweden
Posted: Thursday, January 29, 2009 - 08:00 AM UTC
Well I still haven't heard anything from Badger, but as it turns out I had the person I was needing just under my nose (well so to speak). So I sent off my a/b to him today to see if my Shaman can resurrect my ill deed...

It seems like big companies just want to be seen and not spoken to...
 _GOTOTOP