_GOTOBOTTOM
Modeling in General
General discussions about modeling topics.
Open Letter to Jim, the staff and you-Thanks
didiumus
Visit this Community
Utah, United States
entire network: 564 Posts
KitMaker Network: 138 Posts
Posted: Thursday, June 05, 2003 - 04:01 AM UTC
I want to express my appreciation for the efforts - and the results. I have been primarily an aircraft modeler for years, and I have recently "rediscovered" armor modeling. I came to Armorama at the advice of another modeler who visited one of the aircraft related sites I was a regular member of. I am very glad that I did.

This site, and more importantly, this community has completely exceeded my expectations. This website is now the one I visit the most. Of particular interest to me has been the tone of all of the users; positive, supportive, and lacking the "elitism" that has been recently discussed in forum threads and that exists, sometimes in abundance, at other web modeling communities. The responses that I received for my sons model are proof of that.

I hope to be able to contribute in an amount that is equal to what I take away. Thanks to all. Now, go build something!!

Scott Gentry
didiumus
Potroast
Visit this Community
Texas, United States
entire network: 90 Posts
KitMaker Network: 0 Posts
Posted: Thursday, June 05, 2003 - 04:24 AM UTC
I'll second those sentiments! In addition to the wealth of information available, the members here are just plain old good people. I can go anywhere and get information on the hobby, but it's nice to have a great place like this to hang your hat.

A group of me and my modelling adict friends get together once or twice a week to go over what we're working on or planning to do or whatever, and Armorama has that same tight-knit personal feel. It's a very rare and pleasant thing indeed.
Mar-74
Visit this Community
Western Australia, Australia
entire network: 679 Posts
KitMaker Network: 166 Posts
Posted: Thursday, June 05, 2003 - 05:09 AM UTC
Well said.
Ditto from me!
Bodeen
Visit this Community
Pennsylvania, United States
entire network: 1,744 Posts
KitMaker Network: 283 Posts
Posted: Thursday, June 05, 2003 - 05:40 AM UTC
Here Here!!! I love you guys!!! Can I have your Bud Light!? Seriously..I have said it before and I'll say it again This is the best modelling site.....BAR NONE....on the web. We have the greatest people and the best format. Thanks to Jim and everyone else at Armorama. I have recommended this site to many of my friends that build. Keep up the good work.......Jeff "Bodeen"
Delbert
Visit this Community
Pennsylvania, United States
entire network: 2,659 Posts
KitMaker Network: 865 Posts
Posted: Thursday, June 05, 2003 - 06:11 AM UTC
Hear hear.......... 3 cheers for everyone.

Easy_Co
Visit this Community
England - South East, United Kingdom
entire network: 1,933 Posts
KitMaker Network: 814 Posts
Posted: Thursday, June 05, 2003 - 06:14 AM UTC
Didiumus I agree with you wholeheartedly, I do not have much of a social life yet I feel I have over 2000 friends all over the world who share my hobby and that is a nice feeling .all the best lads and ladies
Arthur
Visit this Community
England - South West, United Kingdom
entire network: 2,454 Posts
KitMaker Network: 489 Posts
Posted: Thursday, June 05, 2003 - 06:22 AM UTC
Hip! Hip! Hoooooray.
Arthur
invictis
Visit this Community
Netherlands
entire network: 49 Posts
Posted: Thursday, June 05, 2003 - 06:31 AM UTC
same here, I have never been addicted to a site such as this one, cheers to all of ye
GhengisWong
Visit this Community
United States
entire network: 74 Posts
Posted: Thursday, June 05, 2003 - 06:34 AM UTC
Have to agree with everyone. New to the site, it has already helped me on a number of occassions.

The campaigns are great.

You guys are a true asset to the modelling community.
Thanks!
stufer
Visit this Community
England - East Anglia, United Kingdom
entire network: 416 Posts
KitMaker Network: 59 Posts
Posted: Thursday, June 05, 2003 - 07:24 AM UTC
a big thumbs up from me too,always have to scratch that armorama itch on a daily basis,but in a nice way
KFMagee
Visit this Community
Texas, United States
entire network: 1,586 Posts
KitMaker Network: 302 Posts
Posted: Thursday, June 05, 2003 - 07:31 AM UTC
What more can i add? jim has done a WONDERFUL service for modelers around the world, in multiple languages.

Although i do this profesionally, it is a "lonely sport"... having so many others to share it with, in such a neat and fun way has added to the VALUE of my modeling experience. In that sense Jim, you have made a difference in the world, for the better.

Kudos and HUZZAH!
ModlrMike
Visit this Community
Alberta, Canada
entire network: 714 Posts
Posted: Thursday, June 05, 2003 - 07:50 AM UTC
As Kieth said, it's wonderful to have so many friends when one is engaged in what is essentially a solitary hobby. Thanks Jim!
Graywolf
Staff MemberSenior Editor
HISTORICUS FORMA
Visit this Community
Izmir, Turkey / Türkçe
entire network: 6,405 Posts
KitMaker Network: 1,013 Posts
Posted: Thursday, June 05, 2003 - 09:45 AM UTC
thanks to jim for ARMORAMA and thanks to Scott (didiumus) for telling what I have on mind for a long while.we really made an awesome community here (thanks to Sabot for the warning about the word Wonderful :-) ) and I am so glad to see we are growing fast.
steve203
Visit this Community
North Carolina, United States
entire network: 579 Posts
Posted: Thursday, June 05, 2003 - 12:28 PM UTC
You said it, this site is great. I have always been reluctant to post on other sites for fear of the elitist know it alls, who are only there to tear your work apart. This is my home page.
HastyP
Visit this Community
Ontario, Canada
entire network: 1,117 Posts
KitMaker Network: 570 Posts
Posted: Thursday, June 05, 2003 - 01:02 PM UTC
This place is very friendly to all. I love it. You can ask questions and not have to worry about feeling stupid. All want to help and share their information.

Cheers
Paul
csch
Visit this Community
Buenos Aires, Argentina
entire network: 1,941 Posts
KitMaker Network: 307 Posts
Posted: Thursday, June 05, 2003 - 01:27 PM UTC
I agree with the general feelings ! Armorama is realy a modeling comunity that makes the participants feel very very well. When I began to participate I was aware because I tought this would be like others sites where I tried to get in but I found them cold and eliticists. Here everything was diferent, I feel comfort and I found that everyone is well disposed to help you. Also I think this is the bigest modeling school you can find in the whole world.
Thanks to Jim for Armorama and to Ronny´s patience.

Cheers
kingcrt
Visit this Community
Alabama, United States
entire network: 118 Posts
Posted: Thursday, June 05, 2003 - 02:17 PM UTC
I have to agree with everyone else, this site rocks. I found the site through a Google search and have never left. After returning to modeling from a long hiatus this people on this site have been invaluable in helping me increase my skills. I visit Armorama several times a day and would say that this is my most visited site on the Internet. The people here are wonderful, helpful, insightful, and inspirational. Aromorama is a true community of modelers for modelers. Here is a big cheers to Jim for making this all possible.

And Thanks.
scoccia
Visit this Community
Milano, Italy
entire network: 2,606 Posts
Posted: Thursday, June 05, 2003 - 06:45 PM UTC
Scott,
I cannot agree more with your words!!! Armorama is a very special place. I used to surf other sites and visit modelling clubs and I ALWAYS find that everywhere else there's someone willing to do the teacher or in the worse case the boss.
So VIVA ARMORAMA!!! And thanks everybody also from myself...

Holdfast
Staff MemberPresident
IPMS-UK KITMAKER BRANCH
Visit this Community
England - South West, United Kingdom
entire network: 8,581 Posts
KitMaker Network: 963 Posts
Posted: Saturday, June 07, 2003 - 08:48 AM UTC
:-) Scott
This is the only modelling forum that I regularly post on, I do visit others but only to look at pictures of models. I have registered with others but have hardly ever posted on them, usually only when I feel I can help someone out. Armorama is definately the place to be. I look on everyone here as a friend, all of whom I would like to meet. I have tried model clubs but they pale into insignificance compared with this club. Scott has hit the nail on the head, it is the tone of the users that make this site what it is. That can only mean that in the early days Jim had this in mind and must have stamped out any of the bad element that must have tried to get its foot in this door, as it has in many of the other sites. Jim and the moderators are to be commended. Thanks
Mal
Marty
Visit this Community
Massachusetts, United States
entire network: 2,312 Posts
KitMaker Network: 871 Posts
Posted: Sunday, June 08, 2003 - 08:18 AM UTC

Quoted Text

This is the only modelling forum that I regularly post on, I do visit others but only to look at pictures of models. I have registered with others but have hardly ever posted on them, usually only when I feel I can help someone out.

Same here.
Prowler
Visit this Community
California, United States
entire network: 174 Posts
Posted: Sunday, June 08, 2003 - 08:40 AM UTC
Yes!!!, All you guys have been awesome, I even set Armorama
as my homepage, Thank you, long live, Armorama.
staff_Jim
Staff MemberPublisher
KITMAKER NETWORK
Visit this Community
New Hampshire, United States
entire network: 12,571 Posts
KitMaker Network: 4,397 Posts
Posted: Sunday, June 08, 2003 - 08:49 AM UTC
Scott,
Thanks for your kind words about the site and the community. With users like yourself I am always confident that this site will continue to grow and become an even better place than it already is. There is room for many diverse modeling sites on the Internet, but lets just say I am proud to have founded this one. My thanks to you and all of our members and users (the shy ones who never sign up, but continue to visit regularly). This will always be my home away from home.

Sincerely,
Jim
ka2rvu
Visit this Community
United States
entire network: 41 Posts
Posted: Monday, June 09, 2003 - 09:08 AM UTC
Jim and everyone else,
Then there are us who have signed up and don't know enough yet to share, but sure can learn alot here. Thank all of you. Your like a big friendly family.
Fred
 _GOTOTOP