_GOTOBOTTOM
 Community Forum: Filipino Modelers Phorum
Want to meet up with modelers in your country or region? This is the place.
Bilihan ng AC
shonen_red
Visit this Community
Metro Manila, Philippines
entire network: 5,762 Posts
KitMaker Network: 2,610 Posts
Posted: Sunday, May 25, 2003 - 01:25 AM UTC
Guys, saan bang shop sa Metro Manila ang maraming AC's, modern AC's to be exact. Nagdaan kasi ako sa Festival Mall noong Linggo eh. Kakaunti rin ang selection nila ng magandang AC.

What I really need are shops that contains these crafts.
-Harrier and variants
-F-16
-Thunderbolt II (meron ka na a! Favorite ko eh )
-F/A-18
-F-22

Thanks guys! I really want these nice crafts. Wala nito sa STC Alabang at Accurate SM Southmall
GIBeregovoy
Visit this Community
entire network: 1,612 Posts
KitMaker Network: 1,129 Posts
Posted: Sunday, May 25, 2003 - 11:26 AM UTC
JMN at Harrisons. Lots of Revell 1/48 and 1/72 modern AC. Many in TigerMeet scheme. There are F-22s there and several F-16s as well as custom decal sets. Why try going there some day before the 7th of June? It's only a bus ride from ye place I reckon. You, Jeep and I could meet at around lunch there. What sayeth SR? And Jeep?
Jeepney
Visit this Community
Philippines
entire network: 1,538 Posts
KitMaker Network: 0 Posts
Posted: Sunday, May 25, 2003 - 12:15 PM UTC
I concur. JMN has mucho ACs including some strange ones that I'm itching to get (Orlyonok Ekranoplan anyone?).

Revell of Germany's 1/72 F-16 MLu is the best as far as I know. It also has cool decals. It sells for around 500.

Italeri's 1/72 Warthog is the best in the biz, or so I've heard. It comes complete with the LASTE bumps and antennas. I'm planning on getting one of these myself. Lil's ought to have them. Last time I looked it was also selling for around 500.

I still haven't found a good F/A-18 kit. Don't be fooled by the Tamiya 1/72 Hornet. It's just an Italeri rebox with Tamiya decals. You can go for the best AC kit of the year: Academy's 1/32 Hornet. It's not cheap though.

I think the only F-22 readily available are the Italeri ones. These are models of the prototype so they may not necessarily build up into replicas of the planes the Air Force will be using. Italeri has both 1/72 and 1/48 kits of this.

Can't help you with the Harrier since it's not one of my favorites. I did see an Airfix 1/24(!) Harrier though but it was in Singapore.

Hope this helps! Just let me know if you need a guide to JMN. I can also help you look for reviews about specific kits in the scale that you like.

Good luck!
LaTtEX
Visit this Community
entire network: 292 Posts
Posted: Sunday, May 25, 2003 - 03:27 PM UTC
Is the Tamiya 1:72 F-16 a retooled kit as well?

I'm interested on getting my hands on some 1:72s, to give justice to my Hasegawa 1:72 F-15 and F-14 that I've messed up

I messed up a 1:48 Monogram F-16 as well but... with the cheap plastic and bad detail... no regrets there!
Jeepney
Visit this Community
Philippines
Posted: Sunday, May 25, 2003 - 04:23 PM UTC
Malamang ang F-16 retooled din. I'd bet na from Italeri din 'to. Academy makes a 1/72 F-16 IRC although I still have to do research on fit, accuracy, value for money, etc. SMAKR is my main source of plane kit reviews. Check it out.
GIBeregovoy
Visit this Community
Posted: Sunday, May 25, 2003 - 09:28 PM UTC
So, SR, Jeep, is it a go? Meet at JMN before the 7th? (preferably next week) At around 12 noon? (hmm... it's like firing 3 cruise missiles on different times to arrive on the target simultaneously hehehe)

Jeep, at JMN, there are one or two flavors of the F-22 there by Revell IIRC.

BTW SR, if you're very into AC, check out www.acig.org. It's a great site on air combat. ACIG stands for Air Combat Information Group. Sort of like TankNet - the air power version of it, in a way. The forums are heavily moderated but that's ok because it means no useless posts. It's a treasure trove of information with analysis, etc. Registration is free and the folks there are good.
shonen_red
Visit this Community
Posted: Monday, May 26, 2003 - 01:24 AM UTC

Quoted Text

So, SR, Jeep, is it a go? Meet at JMN before the 7th? (preferably next week) At around 12 noon? (hmm... it's like firing 3 cruise missiles on different times to arrive on the target simultaneously hehehe)

Jeep, at JMN, there are one or two flavors of the F-22 there by Revell IIRC.

BTW SR, if you're very into AC, check out www.acig.org. It's a great site on air combat. ACIG stands for Air Combat Information Group. Sort of like TankNet - the air power version of it, in a way. The forums are heavily moderated but that's ok because it means no useless posts. It's a treasure trove of information with analysis, etc. Registration is free and the folks there are good.

I can't make a decission right away. First, of all, si ermats very strict. Ayaw nga nya ako payagan pagkatapos ko sa La Salle eh. Second, I've alreay spent my remaining ca$h on Tamiya's 1/72 F/A-18E Super Hornet last Sunday. I hope to come but can't make decissions right away. Hope na payagan ako! Pero kung sakaling pupunta ako, siguro I'll call on Lonewolf para may tropa akong kasama rin. I hope I can come!
shonen_red
Visit this Community
Posted: Monday, May 26, 2003 - 02:02 AM UTC

Quoted Text

So, SR, Jeep, is it a go? Meet at JMN before the 7th? (preferably next week) At around 12 noon? (hmm... it's like firing 3 cruise missiles on different times to arrive on the target simultaneously hehehe).

What would be our agenda? How about in Accurate Model works in SM Southmall? I have a very thin chance na payagan eh. (Sabi kasi ni ermats marami dw g**o doon kaya kailangan din mag-ingat). May balak kasi kami ni Lonewolf na manood ng Bruce Almighty eh. What do you guys think? Southmall is like our home you know :-)
GIBeregovoy
Visit this Community
Posted: Monday, May 26, 2003 - 11:18 AM UTC

Quoted Text

What would be our agenda? How about in Accurate Model works in SM Southmall? I have a very thin chance na payagan eh. (Sabi kasi ni ermats marami dw g**o doon kaya kailangan din mag-ingat). May balak kasi kami ni Lonewolf na manood ng Bruce Almighty eh. What do you guys think? Southmall is like our home you know :-)

You're now in DLSU, am I right? I understand that they started school already (ugh! On MAY?!?) [enter grandpa mode]Why, in me old days, school started in the middle of winter under five feet of snow! FIVE FEET OF SNOW I'm tellin' ye sonny boy![/exit granda mode] Maybe during your lunch break (assuming classes have already started) you and LW go to JMN at lunch.

Basically, the mission plan will go like this:

Place: JMN Harrison Plaza
Primary Objektive: Look at / buy (?) AC kits
Seconday Objektive: Small-scale Operation Eyeball among us three (or four if LW comes along with you)
Reasons why JMN: 1) it's close for Jeepney as well; 2) You've been to Accurate already - why not JMN this time with its Revell F-22s, F/A-18Es, F-16Mlu, other aircraft in 1/48 and 1/72 that participated in the TigerMeet expo
Why on a week day: 1) Jeep and I are in the office and can easily slip out during lunch time 2) less people out there :-)

Tsk tsk tsk I feel like I'm a big bad influence on you guys. :-) Anyhow, it's your decision. If you will go to JMN, post here so Jeep and I can meet you guys also. :-)

BTW, you already got the Tamiya F/A-18E? DANG! Foiled again! :-) Oh please oh please oh please I hope there's still one more (or I can easily call JMN and reserve the Revell kit hehehehe)
Jeepney
Visit this Community
Philippines
Posted: Monday, May 26, 2003 - 12:09 PM UTC
Maraming g**o sa Harrison????!!!! Eh sa alam ko may nanakawan ng 16000 pesoses sa SM Southmall last year!

BI si GI hehe. Sounds nice #:-) There's a treasure trove right behind your school. If I was green neither hell nor high water will prevent me from sneaking out every once in a while (++)

Go ako next week! I'm still craving for that Academy 1/30 Starcraft Marine #:-)
LaTtEX
Visit this Community
Posted: Monday, May 26, 2003 - 08:46 PM UTC
Pwede ba akong sumama jan? Taga Pasay lang ako. Harrison Plaza is just a couple of jeep rides away
GIBeregovoy
Visit this Community
Posted: Monday, May 26, 2003 - 09:25 PM UTC
Sure! :-) It all depends really on SR and LW's giving a green light. Make it lunch time so we can be more-or-less all available.
GIBeregovoy
Visit this Community
Posted: Monday, May 26, 2003 - 09:31 PM UTC

Quoted Text

BI si GI hehe. Sounds nice #:-)

You know what, you're right! #:-) BISIGI - hehehehehe

Quoted Text

Go ako next week! I'm still craving for that Academy 1/30 Starcraft Marine #:-)

Resistance is FUTILE!!!!!!!!!!!!
LaTtEX
Visit this Community
Posted: Monday, May 26, 2003 - 09:57 PM UTC
hindi pala ako makakapunta... weekday
shonen_red
Visit this Community
Posted: Tuesday, May 27, 2003 - 02:51 PM UTC

Quoted Text

Sure! :-) It all depends really on SR and LW's giving a green light. Make it lunch time so we can be more-or-less all available.

Before 7? That's a weekday! That is a big N and O for me. La Salle dude, may pasok ako nyan. Pwede pa pag Sat
GIBeregovoy
Visit this Community
Posted: Tuesday, May 27, 2003 - 03:01 PM UTC

Quoted Text

Before 7? That's a weekday! That is a big N and O for me. La Salle dude, may pasok ako nyan. Pwede pa pag Sat

You mean to say that they don't have lunch breaks anymore? Nor the University Break on Wednesdays? Tsk tsk tsk...

So that means a no go... aw shucks... Sayang... ang daming magagandang AC pa naman diyan... hehehehe

Wow! BISIGI talaga ako!
shonen_red
Visit this Community
Posted: Tuesday, May 27, 2003 - 03:12 PM UTC

Quoted Text

Quoted Text

You mean to say that they don't have lunch breaks anymore? Nor the University Break on Wednesdays? Tsk tsk tsk...

So that means a no go... aw shucks... Sayang... ang daming magagandang AC pa naman diyan... hehehehe

Wow! BISIGI talaga ako!

The UN break is just 2 hrs long kaya wala ring kwenta. I don't want to be late dude, you know the consequences for late right? Why not Sat.?
GIBeregovoy
Visit this Community
Posted: Tuesday, May 27, 2003 - 03:34 PM UTC

Quoted Text

The UN break is just 2 hrs long kaya wala ring kwenta. I don't want to be late dude, you know the consequences for late right? Why not Sat.?

2 hours only? That's already quite long for our little operation - unless you'll spend mucho hours in that shop. The meeting would most likely be around 30 - 45 mins since me and Jeep have to go back to the office. So, what do you think?

Grabe, am I a corrupter or what?

Weekday because Jeep lives in Mandaluyong (or Pasig) but his office is just a jeep ride along Vito Cruz, while I be at the office in Manila and a taxi (or FX) ride away. And since you'll be in DLSU - walking distance from JMN, rather than home on Saturday (unless you got ROTC). For me Saturday is family day.

So, a Wednesday next week around 12 noon? Meet will be around 30 to 45 minutes tops. Game si Jeep. Game ako. U-Break up to 2 hours? You'll still have around 1 hour and 15 mins pa.

Hehehehe

BTW, how's DLSU? It's been quite awhile since I've been there. Marami pa rin bang magagandang chinita doon?
LaTtEX
Visit this Community
Posted: Tuesday, May 27, 2003 - 06:16 PM UTC

Quoted Text

Quoted Text

2 hours only? That's already quite long for our little operation - unless you'll spend mucho hours in that shop. The meeting would most likely be around 30 - 45 mins since me and Jeep have to go back to the office. So, what do you think?

Weekday because Jeep lives in Mandaluyong (or Pasig) but his office is just a jeep ride along Vito Cruz, while I be at the office in Manila and a taxi (or FX) ride away. And since you'll be in DLSU - walking distance from JMN, rather than home on Saturday (unless you got ROTC). For me Saturday is family day.

So, a Wednesday next week around 12 noon? Meet will be around 30 to 45 minutes tops. Game si Jeep. Game ako. U-Break up to 2 hours? You'll still have around 1 hour and 15 mins pa.

Hehehehe

BTW, how's DLSU? It's been quite awhile since I've been there. Marami pa rin bang magagandang chinita doon?

I just graduated last year, and I've been coming back there once in a while since my mom teaches there and our company has a project with ITC (formerly ISTC).

YES! MARAMI pa ring magagandang chinita sa La Salle! #:-)
GIBeregovoy
Visit this Community
Posted: Tuesday, May 27, 2003 - 06:30 PM UTC

Quoted Text

I just graduated last year, and I've been coming back there once in a while since my mom teaches there and our company has a project with ITC (formerly ISTC).

Oy! What does your mother teach there? What department? I graduated there around 2000AD.

Quoted Text

YES! MARAMI pa ring magagandang chinita sa La Salle! #:-)

Ahhh... it's nice to hear that... Gosh I miss those days...

Lattex, anong batch ka? ID98? ID97? ID96?
LaTtEX
Visit this Community
Posted: Tuesday, May 27, 2003 - 07:07 PM UTC
GIB

My mom was COS Vice Dean from 1994-1998. She originally was from the Math Dept., but now is with the Science Educ. Dept of CED. Tinuturo niya math subjs, tipong linealg, trigo, dismath, etc.

ID 97 ako. I would assume you're... ID 95?
GIBeregovoy
Visit this Community
Posted: Tuesday, May 27, 2003 - 07:10 PM UTC
97?!?!? Aba aba aba pareho lang pala tayo! :-)
LaTtEX
Visit this Community
Posted: Tuesday, May 27, 2003 - 07:13 PM UTC

Quoted Text

97?!?!? Aba aba aba pareho lang pala tayo! :-)

aaahhh, ID 97 and a 3 year course
GIBeregovoy
Visit this Community
Posted: Tuesday, May 27, 2003 - 07:37 PM UTC

Quoted Text

aaahhh, ID 97 and a 3 year course

Hehehe don't remind me. I'm reaping it now BIG TIME. Hey, I though polisci would be a nice pre-law course. But I shoulda listened well to my profs - they said it was a negative. Oh well, can't rectify that now, right? :-)
shonen_red
Visit this Community
Posted: Wednesday, May 28, 2003 - 02:19 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Quoted Text

Hehehehe

Magagandang Chinita? Marami rami din. Pero sa block namin wala. 40 kami lahat lahat, 7 gals only . Anyway, pag di hetic ang sched baka pumunta ako. 1230 ang Break to till 2 ata.
 _GOTOTOP