_GOTOBOTTOM
 Community Forum: Filipino Modelers Phorum
Want to meet up with modelers in your country or region? This is the place.
Bilihan ng AC
GIBeregovoy
Visit this Community
Metro Manila, Philippines
entire network: 1,612 Posts
KitMaker Network: 1,129 Posts
Posted: Wednesday, May 28, 2003 - 11:04 AM UTC
Dang, that's a bummer. Time ko din, mga less than 10 lang ang girls, the rest guys, at least may mga magaganda sa block namin initially (1st and 2nd semesters of the 1st year - by 3rd sem separate na kami ata).

Ano nga pala course mo uli SR?

Sige, good luck in school and make us proud! :-) Next time na lang when you're available (baka shy ka lang hehehe )
Jeepney
Visit this Community
Philippines
entire network: 1,538 Posts
KitMaker Network: 0 Posts
Posted: Wednesday, May 28, 2003 - 12:19 PM UTC
Mahaba na nga ang two hours. One hour break lang ako so minus commute time 30 minutes lang ako sa Harrison. Padevelop rin ako ng film next week so extend ako ng konti See you guys! Kung may film pang natira picture tayo hehe
shonen_red
Visit this Community
entire network: 5,762 Posts
KitMaker Network: 2,610 Posts
Posted: Thursday, May 29, 2003 - 02:12 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Mahaba na nga ang two hours. One hour break lang ako so minus commute time 30 minutes lang ako sa Harrison. Padevelop rin ako ng film next week so extend ako ng konti See you guys! Kung may film pang natira picture tayo hehe

I don't know how to get there from La Salle. Pag di umulan, punta ako. Pahingi rin ng cel # nyo. PM nyo na lang sa akin. Di bale, papakilala naman ako sa text eh
shonen_red
Visit this Community
Posted: Thursday, May 29, 2003 - 02:38 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Dang, that's a bummer. Time ko din, mga less than 10 lang ang girls, the rest guys, at least may mga magaganda sa block namin initially (1st and 2nd semesters of the 1st year - by 3rd sem separate na kami ata).

Ano nga pala course mo uli SR?

Sige, good luck in school and make us proud! :-) Next time na lang when you're available (baka shy ka lang hehehe )

Course ko? I picked up Com Eng. but I end up ECE .Ok lang yan tapusin ko na lang to. :-)

Nag-RO ba kayo? Mahirap ba or what? Tell me something I don't know kasi mag RO ako eh. (Baka kung anong mangyari sa akin doon :-) )
shonen_red
Visit this Community
Posted: Thursday, May 29, 2003 - 02:43 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Ok, yung UN break ko nga pala is from 1230 something and 2 hours kaya di lunchtime ako makakarating
GIBeregovoy
Visit this Community
Posted: Thursday, May 29, 2003 - 03:01 AM UTC
ROTC? Hell it was fun! I'm one of the very few who ACTUALLY like ROTC. Back then, our Naval ROTC was more of Marines - we were wearing fatigues back then. The batch after us (ID98) started wearing the current uniform, i.e. blue (black?) pants, leather shoes, white short-sleeved polo shirt... we looked like soldiers, ID98 looked like, uh, midshipmen. :-)

I dunno if Lattex liked ROTC. Did you Lattex? :-)

Just got your text message BTW.
Jeepney
Visit this Community
Philippines
entire network: 1,538 Posts
Posted: Thursday, May 29, 2003 - 02:48 PM UTC
So go na tayo Wednesday next week? I'll be there mga twelve pero because of budgetary constraints (i.e. kuripot ako) I'll be having lunch at the office cafeteria. You may ask for my cell number from BISIGI but please identify yourself when texting me Nga pala: walang signal sa office ko
shonen_red
Visit this Community
Posted: Thursday, May 29, 2003 - 11:29 PM UTC

Quoted Text

ROTC? Hell it was fun! I'm one of the very few who ACTUALLY like ROTC. Back then, our Naval ROTC was more of Marines - we were wearing fatigues back then. The batch after us (ID98) started wearing the current uniform, i.e. blue (black?) pants, leather shoes, white short-sleeved polo shirt... we looked like soldiers, ID98 looked like, uh, midshipmen. :-)

Just heard that from our prof in Orientone. Darn! No fatigue! I guess it's not a white polo shirt but white shirt only and maong pants. Leather shoes? I think he said we'll be wearing rubber shoes
LaTtEX
Visit this Community
entire network: 292 Posts
Posted: Friday, May 30, 2003 - 05:13 AM UTC

Quoted Text

I enjoyed it after our mapreading competition. By then, we only had to go attend ROTC during exams, and we were the proctors at that!

Ah, I still have my fatigues in my closet :-) I think I did feel good in the greens... mas feel mo yung pagiging "soldier" than "midshipman". I wonder how it would've felt in the whites.
lonewolf
Visit this Community
entire network: 478 Posts
Posted: Friday, May 30, 2003 - 04:19 PM UTC
Buti na lang sa UST, Army yung ROTC..^_^

Naka fatigue kme...Pero bullcap yung head gear...Last year kse, beret.

Model Company ako... Kinakabahan ako sa Battallion Commander namin....
shonen_red
Visit this Community
Posted: Friday, May 30, 2003 - 09:28 PM UTC

Quoted Text

Quoted Text

I enjoyed it after our mapreading competition. By then, we only had to go attend ROTC during exams, and we were the proctors at that!

Ah, I still have my fatigues in my closet :-) I think I did feel good in the greens... mas feel mo yung pagiging "soldier" than "midshipman". I wonder how it would've felt in the whites.

Yan ba ang benefits pag nanalo doon? Sana ganyan din sa amin! In whites? Yuck! Para tuloy kami Basic Cadets during those CAT days.
GIBeregovoy
Visit this Community
Posted: Saturday, May 31, 2003 - 01:43 AM UTC

Quoted Text

I guess it's not a white polo shirt but white shirt only and maong pants. Leather shoes? I think he said we'll be wearing rubber shoes

You'll be wearing that for the first two meetings of ROTC. After that, you get your ROTC uniform (for us, it was somewhere near UST) and wear it the next ROTC session. ALso get correct haircuts, remove facial hair, etc.

I liked our ROTC uniform. It's still there in my closet. I sometimes still use the fatigue pants when I go to out-of-town trips, but I gave away the boots because someone else needed it. I can't help feeling a bit of pride wearing that thing - even if it was only ROTC - and sometimes walked in a "swaggered" manner while wearing it.

Man those were good ol' days...

Lattex - model battalion ka ba or one of the officers?
shonen_red
Visit this Community
Posted: Saturday, May 31, 2003 - 02:43 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Quoted Text

I guess it's not a white polo shirt but white shirt only and maong pants. Leather shoes? I think he said we'll be wearing rubber shoes

You'll be wearing that for the first two meetings of ROTC. After that, you get your ROTC uniform (for us, it was somewhere near UST) and wear it the next ROTC session. ALso get correct haircuts, remove facial hair, etc.

I liked our ROTC uniform. It's still there in my closet. I sometimes still use the fatigue pants when I go to out-of-town trips, but I gave away the boots because someone else needed it. I can't help feeling a bit of pride wearing that thing - even if it was only ROTC - and sometimes walked in a "swaggered" manner while wearing it.

Sure about that? 2 weeks in a useless uni? Good thing we're wearing fatigues. Wish that is true this time . Tell me, how do I become a model company and other things? Benefits etc? Please let me know so I know what I'll do. Tell me the do's and don'ts there. Anyways, everything you say will be a great help.
GIBeregovoy
Visit this Community
Posted: Saturday, May 31, 2003 - 02:09 PM UTC
The model battalion is the one that the school sends out in field drill competitions. It works harder than the rest of the ROTC unit, like starts early and ends late. They also meet on other days as well for practice. During my time, the benefits for those in the model battalion is that in some days they I think don't get to meet or have some exemptions.

If you want more physical demanding ROTC, choose the model battalion or try out for officer. Be warned though that some have made the officers as something like a fraternity - with hazing initiations and all. It's supposed to be a rumor but I have heard its true as told to me by a former classmate of mine in law who was an officer in the DLSU ROTC at my time. You can also try out for medic or MPs - in which case you almost always get to sit under the shade and wait to be called for an emergency, guard the gates, just sit around, perhaps flirt with the girls with your uniform, etc. etc. Hey, that happens.

Marines uli na ba tayo? I hope so. Is ROTC nowadays voluntary and not compulsory? I remember this was an issue before. I hope its voluntary nowadays - it'll get better (hopefully). At my time, bribes were even made (by those who can pay) to pass ROTC.
shonen_red
Visit this Community
Posted: Saturday, May 31, 2003 - 11:49 PM UTC

Quoted Text

The model battalion is the one that the school sends out in field drill competitions. It works harder than the rest of the ROTC unit, like starts early and ends late. They also meet on other days as well for practice. During my time, the benefits for those in the model battalion is that in some days they I think don't get to meet or have some exemptions.

If you want more physical demanding ROTC, choose the model battalion or try out for officer. Be warned though that some have made the officers as something like a fraternity - with hazing initiations and all. It's supposed to be a rumor but I have heard its true as told to me by a former classmate of mine in law who was an officer in the DLSU ROTC at my time. You can also try out for medic or MPs - in which case you almost always get to sit under the shade and wait to be called for an emergency, guard the gates, just sit around, perhaps flirt with the girls with your uniform, etc. etc. Hey, that happens.

Marines uli na ba tayo? I hope so. Is ROTC nowadays voluntary and not compulsory? I remember this was an issue before. I hope its voluntary nowadays - it'll get better (hopefully). At my time, bribes were even made (by those who can pay) to pass ROTC.

Nope, I think we'll be sticking to Navy .Pero ayos na yon,mas madali training pag navy ka kaysa Marines :-) .Voluntary? Yes it is. But you have to choose between ROTC and CWTS. CWTS is somewhat like community service. Yuck! Spending money ofr others? NO WAY! Pag model battalion ka ba may hazing na? Sana wala. Kadalasan, anong klaseng hazing ginagawa? Suntok, sipa or palo? Di ko rin naman balak mag-officer eh. Officer ka ba? Model Battalion ka ba?

About MPs, di ko rin balak magganun. Nakakatamad eh. Pero ayos din kasi tambay ka lang :-)

About model battalion, how early and how late? How hard was the training? Model battalion ka ba?
LaTtEX
Visit this Community
Posted: Sunday, June 01, 2003 - 03:40 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Model Battalion - "Navigator" Co. (actually parang de facto company kami, I dunno lang afterwards, I think na-formalize na yung Navigators after our batch)

Kami naghandle ng theoretical saka mapreading dun sa competition
GIBeregovoy
Visit this Community
Posted: Sunday, June 01, 2003 - 10:03 PM UTC
Nah, sissy me ain't model battalion... not even officer corps, MP or medic. Actually, I wanted to try out the officer corps, and we were told to get there the next meeting very early. Oh well, woke up late and wasn't able to make it. Scrapped that. Closest I came to being an officer was being a platoon leader. Hmm... NCO? Nice...

Re:hazing, from what I've heard from my classmate, he was punched, kicked, hit, etc. in any manner.

Lattex - naks! Model BN ka pala! BTW, kilala mo ba si Froilan Fernandez? IIRC nag-model BN din sya. Classmate ko yan sa polisci.
LaTtEX
Visit this Community
Posted: Monday, June 02, 2003 - 03:21 PM UTC

Quoted Text

Nah, sissy me ain't model battalion... not even officer corps, MP or medic. Actually, I wanted to try out the officer corps, and we were told to get there the next meeting very early. Oh well, woke up late and wasn't able to make it. Scrapped that. Closest I came to being an officer was being a platoon leader. Hmm... NCO? Nice...

Re:hazing, from what I've heard from my classmate, he was punched, kicked, hit, etc. in any manner.

Lattex - naks! Model BN ka pala! BTW, kilala mo ba si Froilan Fernandez? IIRC nag-model BN din sya. Classmate ko yan sa polisci.

I do remember the name, but can't place the face. Too long ago. Oh well #:-)
jomz
Visit this Community
entire network: 543 Posts
Posted: Tuesday, June 10, 2003 - 02:12 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Quoted Text

Eh eto pala yung "bilihan" thread eh. Di pa ako marunong mag navigate dito sa Armorama, wehehe! May page 2 na pala, at page 3.

Uy Lasalyano ren pala iba dito, ako dun pa rin nag-aaral, "TERMINAL" year na sa planet gokongwei!

Kanina galing ako Lil's sa glorietta, ang galing nung isang pack nang howitzer? shells, and some other assorted shell-casings. I also saw packs of individual weapons, which were very very pricey. Php 400 for one pack of 5 weapons.

(:-)
shonen_red
Visit this Community
Posted: Wednesday, June 11, 2003 - 10:31 PM UTC

Quoted Text

Quoted Text

Quoted Text

Eh eto pala yung "bilihan" thread eh. Di pa ako marunong mag navigate dito sa Armorama, wehehe! May page 2 na pala, at page 3.

Uy Lasalyano ren pala iba dito, ako dun pa rin nag-aaral, "TERMINAL" year na sa planet gokongwei!

Kanina galing ako Lil's sa glorietta, ang galing nung isang pack nang howitzer? shells, and some other assorted shell-casings. I also saw packs of individual weapons, which were very very pricey. Php 400 for one pack of 5 weapons.

(:-)

La Salle ka rin? Kita kits naman!
 _GOTOTOP