_GOTOBOTTOM
Modeling in General
General discussions about modeling topics.
Great models
sgtreef
Visit this Community
Oklahoma, United States
entire network: 6,043 Posts
KitMaker Network: 1,603 Posts
Posted: Wednesday, April 17, 2002 - 08:15 AM UTC
well after 4 or 5 kind of off the wall emails to them explaing the facts of life I finally have my stuff on the way [don't worry I did not mention that I came from this website]
Boy I tell you to get 5 models and 6 jars of paint plus a set of those friul tracks for the tiger 2 took me about 7 weeks or more geesh what a bad place to do business with. But ole Macky Sue finally came thru,but I have not recieved package yet I wonder if I got that stuml that I wanted plus those two t/34s from dragon I guess only time will tell
Well I feel better now and thanks for listening
Jeff
ps does anybody know who makes tracks for an old nitto kit it was a 250 series tracks fell apart after being stored for 6 years or more.
cfbush2000
Visit this Community
North Dakota, United States
entire network: 1,796 Posts
KitMaker Network: 479 Posts
Posted: Wednesday, April 17, 2002 - 09:08 AM UTC
I was just about convinced to order. Guess I'll wait till some other firm has what I want.
ArmouredSprue
Visit this Community
South Australia, Australia
entire network: 1,958 Posts
KitMaker Network: 720 Posts
Posted: Wednesday, April 17, 2002 - 09:47 AM UTC

Quoted Text

I was just about convinced to order. Guess I'll wait till some other firm has what I want.

Give a try to Military Hobbies, I´ve bought from them with no problem, and after all they are sponsoring the Armorama contest
My two cents
Kencelot
Visit this Community
Florida, United States
entire network: 4,268 Posts
KitMaker Network: 1,174 Posts
Posted: Wednesday, April 17, 2002 - 09:51 AM UTC
Hmmm. I'm really surprised that they made that big of a mistake. I've used them lots of times with only one little glitch which was fixed in two days. Really sorry to hear that. I hope they fix it properly and promptly for you.

I like Paulo's suggestion.
Sabot
entire network: 12,596 Posts
KitMaker Network: 2,557 Posts
Posted: Wednesday, April 17, 2002 - 10:16 AM UTC
I still go to Squadron Mail Order, they haven't failed me yet. I try to wait for a real good subscriber special and then add the monthly sale flyer stuff. Worked for me for nearly 15 years.
GunTruck
Visit this Community
California, United States
entire network: 5,885 Posts
KitMaker Network: 1,405 Posts
Posted: Thursday, April 18, 2002 - 01:42 AM UTC
Sorry to hear that you've had that problem too. Paulo (Kencelot) and Sabot options are what I use too - and all are good.

The only on-line retailer that I'm having troubles with - and once resolved I won't go back to - is internethobbies.com

Gunnie
ARENGCA
Visit this Community
Arizona, United States
entire network: 382 Posts
KitMaker Network: 101 Posts
Posted: Thursday, April 18, 2002 - 01:52 AM UTC
I've had pretty good experiences with both Great Models and Squadron. Great Models customer service seemed unusually clueless on the one occasion I had to deal with them, but otherwise they were pretty good. Great Models was able to find some etch that was hard to get, when Squadron didn't even list it. I am happy with both, so far.
sgtreef
Visit this Community
Oklahoma, United States
entire network: 6,043 Posts
KitMaker Network: 1,603 Posts
Posted: Thursday, April 18, 2002 - 09:22 AM UTC
I use both mostly Squardon and have for 15 plus years. Great models is maybe allright if they have it in stock but if they don't forget it, I would rather pay a few extra bucks and get it like in 2 days as I live in Oklahoma wonder how those hobby shops are in Belgium where Capt Jack lives.
sorry If I put Macky Sues name in their she is with Squardon and one of the best places to do business with.
 _GOTOTOP