_GOTOBOTTOM
Modeling in General
General discussions about modeling topics.
Great models
sgtreef
Visit this Community
Oklahoma, United States
entire network: 6,043 Posts
KitMaker Network: 1,603 Posts
Posted: Wednesday, April 17, 2002 - 08:15 AM UTC
well after 4 or 5 kind of off the wall emails to them explaing the facts of life I finally have my stuff on the way [don't worry I did not mention that I came from this website]
Boy I tell you to get 5 models and 6 jars of paint plus a set of those friul tracks for the tiger 2 took me about 7 weeks or more geesh what a bad place to do business with. But ole Macky Sue finally came thru,but I have not recieved package yet I wonder if I got that stuml that I wanted plus those two t/34s from dragon I guess only time will tell
Well I feel better now and thanks for listening
Jeff
ps does anybody know who makes tracks for an old nitto kit it was a 250 series tracks fell apart after being stored for 6 years or more.
cfbush2000
Visit this Community
North Dakota, United States
entire network: 1,796 Posts
KitMaker Network: 479 Posts
Posted: Wednesday, April 17, 2002 - 09:08 AM UTC
I was just about convinced to order. Guess I'll wait till some other firm has what I want.
ArmouredSprue
Visit this Community
South Australia, Australia
entire network: 1,958 Posts
KitMaker Network: 720 Posts
Posted: Wednesday, April 17, 2002 - 09:47 AM UTC

Quoted Text

I was just about convinced to order. Guess I'll wait till some other firm has what I want.

Give a try to Military Hobbies, Ive bought from them with no problem, and after all they are sponsoring the Armorama contest
My two cents
Kencelot
Visit this Community
Florida, United States
entire network: 4,268 Posts
KitMaker Network: 1,174 Posts
Posted: Wednesday, April 17, 2002 - 09:51 AM UTC
Hmmm. I'm really surprised that they made that big of a mistake. I've used them lots of times with only one little glitch which was fixed in two days. Really sorry to hear that. I hope they fix it properly and promptly for you.

I like Paulo's suggestion.
Sabot
entire network: 12,596 Posts
KitMaker Network: 2,557 Posts
Posted: Wednesday, April 17, 2002 - 10:16 AM UTC
I still go to Squadron Mail Order, they haven't failed me yet. I try to wait for a real good subscriber special and then add the monthly sale flyer stuff. Worked for me for nearly 15 years.
GunTruck
Visit this Community
California, United States
entire network: 5,885 Posts
KitMaker Network: 1,405 Posts
Posted: Thursday, April 18, 2002 - 01:42 AM UTC
Sorry to hear that you've had that problem too. Paulo (Kencelot) and Sabot options are what I use too - and all are good.

The only on-line retailer that I'm having troubles with - and once resolved I won't go back to - is internethobbies.com

Gunnie
ARENGCA
Visit this Community
Arizona, United States
entire network: 382 Posts
KitMaker Network: 101 Posts
Posted: Thursday, April 18, 2002 - 01:52 AM UTC
I've had pretty good experiences with both Great Models and Squadron. Great Models customer service seemed unusually clueless on the one occasion I had to deal with them, but otherwise they were pretty good. Great Models was able to find some etch that was hard to get, when Squadron didn't even list it. I am happy with both, so far.
sgtreef
Visit this Community
Oklahoma, United States
entire network: 6,043 Posts
KitMaker Network: 1,603 Posts
Posted: Thursday, April 18, 2002 - 09:22 AM UTC
I use both mostly Squardon and have for 15 plus years. Great models is maybe allright if they have it in stock but if they don't forget it, I would rather pay a few extra bucks and get it like in 2 days as I live in Oklahoma wonder how those hobby shops are in Belgium where Capt Jack lives.
sorry If I put Macky Sues name in their she is with Squardon and one of the best places to do business with.
 _GOTOTOP