_GOTOBOTTOM
Tools & Supplies
Discussions on the latest and greatest tools, glues, and gadgets.
Hosted by Matt Leese
Aztek A4079
jakal72
Visit this Community
United States
entire network: 19 Posts
KitMaker Network: 0 Posts
Posted: Thursday, May 15, 2003 - 07:12 AM UTC
I recently purchased the A4709 from Squadron Mailorder a started to break it in and found one problem.When I try to use the siphon cup the thinner did not spray I chose to use thinner first before paint.I tried to adjust the Airbrush to from single to double and add more pressure but was worried I might bust the the body.I had this problem ith my old airbrush which was Binks which last a long time it was mainly used to detail old antique furniture with gold laquer and after a while it started work very poorly and didnt work at all sometimes.So it was time to retire it and now the same problem with the siphon cup the gravity cups work great but the siphon size being stubborn.
Thanks for tips modelers of the world!!!!!
TUGA
Visit this Community
Setubal, Portugal
entire network: 1,718 Posts
KitMaker Network: 562 Posts
Posted: Thursday, May 15, 2003 - 08:23 AM UTC
Hi,

Did you check if at ScaleWorkshop , Testors site, they have any tip for your trouble ?

HTH

Eagle
Visit this Community
Noord-Brabant, Netherlands
entire network: 4,082 Posts
Posted: Thursday, May 15, 2003 - 08:27 AM UTC
And a new "How-to" video each month too.

I love the testors site, a lot of free goodies, like video files, and a complete manual for free.

Download it here :

Testors Hobbyiest Guides

Danny
Jeepney
Visit this Community
Philippines
entire network: 1,538 Posts
Posted: Thursday, May 15, 2003 - 12:07 PM UTC
I haven't used my siphon cups for their intended purposes yet. I only use them to store my disassembled paint tips while they are soaking in alcohol

If your gravity cup works great but your siphon cup does not, that rules out the possibility that your tip might be loose. Paint thinning ratio is also not a problem because you're only spraying thinner. The only thing I can think about is: did you attach the straw that comes with the cup to the cup lid?
Kencelot
Visit this Community
Florida, United States
entire network: 4,268 Posts
KitMaker Network: 1,174 Posts
Posted: Thursday, May 15, 2003 - 02:55 PM UTC
...also, make sure the breather hole is open. There should be a small hole on the lid to allow air in while paint exits.
Another thing to do, is start spraying in single action mode first to get the paint started. As the paint is being released, spin the dial towards dual action.
 _GOTOTOP