_GOTOBOTTOM
Tools & Supplies
Discussions on the latest and greatest tools, glues, and gadgets.
Hosted by Matt Leese
Testor's Service... FYI
Sabot
entire network: 12,596 Posts
KitMaker Network: 2,557 Posts
Posted: Tuesday, May 13, 2003 - 03:33 PM UTC
I'll always sing the praises of Testors' customer service. They've gotten me parts for an old Hawk P-51D Mustang, 1995 issue Italeri M3 Scout Car, 1/32 scale YF-22 and latest was a new barrel for my 1/72 scale Italeri T-62.
NeilUnreal
Visit this Community
entire network: 80 Posts
KitMaker Network: 0 Posts
Posted: Thursday, May 15, 2003 - 12:53 PM UTC
Ditto here. I recently ordered some Floquil brushes from Testors' website. The order arrived fast and was correct.

-Neil
PorkChop
Visit this Community
Wisconsin, United States
entire network: 3,179 Posts
KitMaker Network: 307 Posts
Posted: Thursday, May 15, 2003 - 01:12 PM UTC
Always fast and I always get my new airbrush. I have 2 or three sitting around that I need to send in for replacement, just waiting to switch addresses again (at the end of next week)
keenan
Visit this Community
Indiana, United States
entire network: 5,272 Posts
KitMaker Network: 2,192 Posts
Posted: Thursday, May 15, 2003 - 01:35 PM UTC
I happen to work for a manufacturing company, which is getting to be more and more rare in the States. We came to the conclusion a long time ago that anyone can beat our prices if they want to bad enough and most can match our quality. All that is left to keep the customers that we have and have any chance of getting new ones is service. It is nice to know that Testors realized this too. Like we say at the foundry, “You can have it fast, right or cheap. Pick any two.”
ctmi911
Visit this Community
Michigan, United States
entire network: 151 Posts
KitMaker Network: 29 Posts
Posted: Saturday, May 17, 2003 - 05:53 AM UTC
I agree also, I needed to the instruction manuals for both my Aztec airbrush and compressor. The customer service rep emailed me right back and gave me the choice of fax or mail, within a day she had faxed the info to me.

Nice to see good service!

-Chris
GhengisWong
Visit this Community
United States
entire network: 74 Posts
Posted: Monday, June 02, 2003 - 10:31 AM UTC
I've had good service from Testors for my Aztek airbrush and recently had a very good response from Tamiya as well. I needed a replacement sheet of decals, called the Tamiya office and the rep there said he had an extra one and is sending it free of charge. I've gotten out of a jam twice now when I thought I was screwed.

It's nice to see the companies involved in our hobby be so supportive. Brand loyalty is important and both of these companies have my business.
Marty
Visit this Community
Massachusetts, United States
entire network: 2,312 Posts
KitMaker Network: 871 Posts
Posted: Wednesday, June 04, 2003 - 03:38 AM UTC

Quoted Text

It's nice to see the companies involved in our hobby be so supportive.

Let's face it, if model companies did not support their customers, there may not be any customers to buy their models. It's kind of like "you scrach my back and I will scratch yours".
steve203
Visit this Community
North Carolina, United States
entire network: 579 Posts
Posted: Thursday, June 26, 2003 - 11:42 AM UTC
I order most of my paint from testors on line. I have always gotten a quick response and I know the stuff has'nt been on the shelf in the hobby shop forever.
 _GOTOTOP