_GOTOBOTTOM
Photography
Questions about shooting your models and dioramas? Ask here.
comput wont find camera
flakgunner
Visit this Community
Illinois, United States
entire network: 657 Posts
KitMaker Network: 201 Posts
Posted: Monday, May 05, 2008 - 11:47 PM UTC
hey,
sort of in a bind right now,my home PC needs a new motherboard,and where having difficulty find a replacement,so Iam trying to use the PC at work during lunch break,and I need to download pics onto photobucket,for adding here to a on going campaign.
Camera is a Samsung D53,which I received new as a gift,came with a disc for the USB drivers and includes Digmax,Ive downloaded the disc,and the PC shows the drivers installed ,along with the Digmax,
When I plug the USB cord into the the camera ,and turn the camera on,message on the camera screen states that it's "connecting to computer",and thats it,won't go any farther.Camera works fine at home (Kids Computers).
My knowledge of PC's isnt all that good,but I did,turn off the anti-virus,when downloading the driver disc.Any idea what iam missing?

Joe
Hwa-Rang
Visit this Community
Kobenhavn, Denmark
entire network: 6,760 Posts
KitMaker Network: 1,139 Posts
Posted: Tuesday, May 06, 2008 - 12:53 AM UTC
Do you have Vista on your pc?
I have the same problem with my old Olympus camera. I have Vista on my new pc. unfortunately Vista is not compatible with the camera software.

If Vista is your problem, there might be a patch or an updated version of your camera software on Samsung website.
flakgunner
Visit this Community
Illinois, United States
Posted: Tuesday, May 06, 2008 - 01:34 AM UTC
hey Jesper,

,even though most of the PC's here at work are fairly new,and have XP installed,they have me on a older Dell,which still has 98 on it.
I still have the disc,here at work,and it says it for Win 98/98SE/2000/ME/XP

My PC at home has XP,with no problems and my daughter #2,bought a E-machine from WalMart,which came with Vista,and I've been using hers,the problem is with her and the other kids using it (until I can repair mine),I can barely get to it,so I was hoping to be able to download the camera here at work and then transfer them ,to photobucket.

by the way,in regards to photobucket,do I have to download the pics ,from my camera,to the PC,then photobucket? or is their a way to download the pics from the camera,straight to photobucket?

Joe
exer
Visit this Community
Dublin, Ireland
entire network: 6,048 Posts
KitMaker Network: 845 Posts
Posted: Tuesday, May 06, 2008 - 01:49 AM UTC

Quoted Text

by the way,in regards to photobucket,do I have to download the pics ,from my camera,to the PC,then photobucket? or is their a way to download the pics from the camera,straight to photobucket?

No sorry you have to go the long way.
You can pick up a card reader for less than $10 which you attach to any PC and then insert the card from your camera, this will let you load your photos. Some scanners and printers have them built in.
Neo
Visit this Community
North Carolina, United States
entire network: 916 Posts
KitMaker Network: 88 Posts
Posted: Tuesday, May 06, 2008 - 04:56 AM UTC

Quoted Text

,even though most of the PC's here at work are fairly new,and have XP installed,they have me on a older Dell,which still has 98 on it.

I have 98 on an old machine. I bet you need the USB system drivers. I did.

Good Luck
NEO

flakgunner
Visit this Community
Illinois, United States
Posted: Tuesday, May 06, 2008 - 05:15 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Quoted Text

I have 98 on an old machine. I bet you need the USB system drivers. I did.

Good Luck
NEO

hey,

Iam not sure how old this unit is,Iam thinking at least 4+ years,their are 4 USB ports,two in the rear and two in the front,are you saying these four ports might be dead? (how can I tell?), and if so,how can I get them to work?

Joe
Neo
Visit this Community
North Carolina, United States
entire network: 916 Posts
KitMaker Network: 88 Posts
Posted: Tuesday, May 06, 2008 - 11:05 AM UTC
Joe,

Try this link, has alot of info:

http://www.technical-assistance.co.uk/kb/usbmsd98.php
 _GOTOTOP