_GOTOBOTTOM
Scratchbuilders!
Built a model or part from your own materials lately?
Hosted by Mike Kirchoff
Advice for you...advice for me
CellarDweller82
Visit this Community
Massachusetts, United States
entire network: 13 Posts
KitMaker Network: 4 Posts
Posted: Saturday, May 03, 2008 - 04:39 PM UTC
First I just wanted to let you know about a drug named Inderol. It is a beta-blocker which steadys the hand...surgeons do this too...yes, its legal...ask your doc for a script...if he says no, go to another doctor and be all hyped up on caffeine and jittery and tell him you are having trouble keeping your hand steady

My next question is what is a tap and die set, what does it do...i have heard that you can make rivets...if you know anything about this topic i would greatly appreciate any advice
05Sultan
Visit this Community
California, United States
entire network: 2,870 Posts
KitMaker Network: 1,044 Posts
Posted: Sunday, May 04, 2008 - 07:33 AM UTC

Quoted Text

First I just wanted to let you know about a drug named Inderol. It is a beta-blocker which steadys the hand...surgeons do this too...yes, its legal...ask your doc for a script...if he says no, go to another doctor and be all hyped up on caffeine and jittery and tell him you are having trouble keeping your hand steady

My next question is what is a tap and die set, what does it do...i have heard that you can make rivets...if you know anything about this topic i would greatly appreciate any advice

Welcome Mike A 'punch and die' set is what you need to make rivets. A tap and die set is used to make or repair threads on bolts/screws and do the same for their matching holes.
Any side effects on that Inderol? Not worth taking if it makes me sprout a day-glo monkey tail or such.
CellarDweller82
Visit this Community
Massachusetts, United States
entire network: 13 Posts
KitMaker Network: 4 Posts
Posted: Sunday, May 04, 2008 - 08:29 AM UTC
No, no side effects...its perscribed for conditions such as ET (essential tremor) and also helps to reduce panic attacks in those with anxiety issues...i unfortunately have both those problems and the inderol (propanol) has helped a lot but its not 100% effective...your doc should have no problems with perscribing it to you if you tell him you build models and need a steadier hand...its cheap and generic...i take 10mg 3x Day
paracollector
entire network: 2 Posts
KitMaker Network: 0 Posts
Posted: Wednesday, May 07, 2008 - 03:18 AM UTC
Rick,
Before you go running off and stuffing this stuff into yourself read a bit about it:
http://www.rxlist.com/cgi/generic/propran.htm

I am on beta-blockers, and there are side effects. In most people very minor if at all, in some people very bad. Read the drug interactions very carefully, and the various things than may be wrong with you that it will make worse.

Just for laughs, one of the uncommon side effects that doesn't get written about is the wicked dreams some people have on this class of drugs. A co-worker had to be taken off of them because he would dream of waking up at night and seeing the angel of death hovering over him, then he would wake up for real, and not be able to go back to sleep. Needless to say when he showed up in the Doctors office after a few nights of not sleeping he was taken off of them. The angel of death hasn't come back.

jimbrae
Visit this Community
Provincia de Lugo, Spain / Espaņa
entire network: 12,927 Posts
KitMaker Network: 2,060 Posts
Posted: Wednesday, May 07, 2008 - 04:08 AM UTC
Despite rumors to the contrary, we have no plans to create another satellite site called Pharmarama.

Please people, this is a modeling site - keep the discussions on medication for another part of the WWW...
Henk
Visit this Community
England - South West, United Kingdom
entire network: 6,391 Posts
KitMaker Network: 1,600 Posts
Posted: Wednesday, May 07, 2008 - 04:46 AM UTC
Pharmarama.....

Thanks Jim, I only just cleaned my screen and keyboard..

Grumpyoldman
Staff MemberConsigliere
KITMAKER NETWORK
Visit this Community
Florida, United States
entire network: 15,338 Posts
KitMaker Network: 5,072 Posts
Posted: Wednesday, May 07, 2008 - 08:53 AM UTC
Pharmarama....

Now I have to go change my depends!
goldenpony
Visit this Community
Zimbabwe
entire network: 3,529 Posts
KitMaker Network: 422 Posts
Posted: Thursday, May 08, 2008 - 03:43 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Pharmarama....

Now I have to go change my depends!

You guys are killing me over here!!!

wibbler
Visit this Community
England - South East, United Kingdom
entire network: 15 Posts
KitMaker Network: 10 Posts
Posted: Sunday, July 13, 2008 - 02:35 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Despite rumors to the contrary, we have no plans to create another satellite site called Pharmarama.

Please people, this is a modeling site - keep the discussions on medication for another part of the WWW...

like , yeah man .
Whiskey6
Visit this Community
North Carolina, United States
entire network: 408 Posts
KitMaker Network: 179 Posts
Posted: Sunday, July 13, 2008 - 06:28 AM UTC
Pharmarama.....

That could be cool!

Semper Fi,
Dave
milvehfan
Visit this Community
North Carolina, United States
entire network: 2,116 Posts
KitMaker Network: 1,015 Posts
Posted: Tuesday, July 15, 2008 - 12:17 PM UTC
Keep On Modelin !!!!
yeahwiggie
Visit this Community
Dalarnas, Sweden
entire network: 2,093 Posts
KitMaker Network: 149 Posts
Posted: Tuesday, July 15, 2008 - 11:22 PM UTC
HAH!!

That's nothing!!

We Dutch are a key manufacturer of pills which will enable you to do 5-8 models at a time... within the hour, while bouncing of wall and ceiling and listening to techno!!!

Quality might be a little less then usual though....

_GOTOTOP