History Club
Military history and past events only. Rants or inflamitory comments will be removed.
Hosted by Frank Amato
USMC-Semper Fi!
TreadHead
Visit this Community
Colorado, United States
entire network: 5,000 Posts
KitMaker Network: 1,210 Posts
Posted: Sunday, April 14, 2002 - 05:53 AM UTC
Howdy All,

Just ran across a great qoute regarding the Corp. Thought I'd share it with you...

" The USMC is over 222 years of romping, stomping, hell, death and destruction. The finest fighting machine the world has ever. We were born in a bomb crater, our Mother was an M-16, and our Father was the Devil. Each moment that I live is an additional threat upon your life. I am a rough looking, roving soldier of the sea. I am cocky, self-centered, overbearing and do not know the meaning of fear. For I am Fear itself.
I am a green amphibous monster, made of blood and guts, who arose from the sea, feasting on anti-Americans throughout the globe. Whenever it may arise, and when my time comes, I will die a glorious death on the battlefield, giving my life for Mom, the Corp, and the American Flag. We stole the Eagle from the Air Force, the Anchor from the Navy, and the Rope from the Army. On the 7th day, while God rested. We over ran his perimeter and stole the Globe, and we've been running the show ever since. We live like soldiers, and talk like sailors and slap the Hell out of both of them. Soldier by day, lover by night, drunkard by choice.

....MARINE BY GOD !!!.......OORAH !!!

Tread
TreadHead
Visit this Community
Colorado, United States
Posted: Sunday, April 14, 2002 - 05:55 AM UTC
That outta get a rise out of somebody !!!

Tread :-)
Kencelot
Visit this Community
Florida, United States
entire network: 4,268 Posts
KitMaker Network: 1,174 Posts
Posted: Sunday, April 14, 2002 - 06:17 AM UTC
Hmmm...I'll be a good lil' boy and keep quiet...for now.
Hey Tread!!!
sgtreef
Visit this Community
Oklahoma, United States
entire network: 6,043 Posts
KitMaker Network: 1,603 Posts
Posted: Sunday, April 14, 2002 - 06:20 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Howdy All,

Just ran across a great qoute regarding the Corp. Thought I'd share it with you...

" The USMC is over 222 years of romping, stomping, hell, death and destruction. The finest fighting machine the world has ever. We were born in a bomb crater, our Mother was an M-16, and our Father was the Devil. Each moment that I live is an additional threat upon your life. I am a rough looking, roving soldier of the sea. I am cocky, self-centered, overbearing and do not know the meaning of fear. For I am Fear itself.
I am a green amphibous monster, made of blood and guts, who arose from the sea, feasting on anti-Americans throughout the globe. Whenever it may arise, and when my time comes, I will die a glorious death on the battlefield, giving my life for Mom, the Corp, and the American Flag. We stole the Eagle from the Air Force, the Anchor from the Navy, and the Rope from the Army. On the 7th day, while God rested. We over ran his perimeter and stole the Globe, and we've been running the show ever since. We live like soldiers, and talk like sailors and slap the Hell out of both of them. Soldier by day, lover by night, drunkard by choice.

....MARINE BY GOD !!!.......OORAH !!!

Tread

Damn Jar HEAD
Sabot
entire network: 12,596 Posts
KitMaker Network: 2,557 Posts
Posted: Sunday, April 14, 2002 - 06:29 AM UTC
Not enough grammatical errors to have been written by an actual Marine. Several 3-syllable words are also a dead give away.
Tin_Can
Visit this Community
Florida, United States
entire network: 1,560 Posts
KitMaker Network: 344 Posts
Posted: Sunday, April 14, 2002 - 06:41 AM UTC
Yes, far too creative to have been written by a Marine...they musta had somebody from their parent organization (The Navy) write it for them.
TreadHead
Visit this Community
Colorado, United States
Posted: Sunday, April 14, 2002 - 07:20 AM UTC
LOL.......just love you guys.

By the way Rob, what's a syllable?

Tread.
TreadHead
Visit this Community
Colorado, United States
Posted: Sunday, April 14, 2002 - 07:21 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Yes, far too creative to have been written by a Marine...they musta had somebody from their parent organization (The Navy) write it for them.

What! The Navy can write? I thought all they did was swab & paint stuff.....hehe

Tread.

Sorry guys, feeling a little fiesty...
Armour66
Visit this Community
Tennessee, United States
entire network: 200 Posts
KitMaker Network: 0 Posts
Posted: Sunday, June 16, 2002 - 09:14 PM UTC
You non-Devil Dawgs can say what you want about the Corps.

To all others....Semper Fi
Bravo-Comm
Visit this Community
Texas, United States
entire network: 525 Posts
Posted: Sunday, June 16, 2002 - 09:25 PM UTC
I SHOULD be insulted Being Ex-AirForce and all. But for some reason i'm not. I guess its because I'M TOO BUSY LAUGHING. BUT Okay, Way to Go Marines. Happy Birthday. You know i hear tell that the Gates of heaven are gaurded by Marines. If that IS TRUE. Than I can't think of anyone better suited to the job. Much less the Throne Room of the Lord Almighty. I Think thats who he would prefer as well ....I GUESS.

DAGGER-1 "To the Victor GoThe Spoils"
m60a3
Visit this Community
Georgia, United States
entire network: 778 Posts
Posted: Sunday, June 16, 2002 - 09:57 PM UTC
I for one, am just glad their on our side. I'd hate to see what they'd do to our livestock. (LOL!)

The Marines are the premiere shock infantry force in the World. Semper fi from a godson of a Marine.