_GOTOBOTTOM
Modeling in General
General discussions about modeling topics.
What about your workbench?
turrettoad13
Visit this Community
Mississippi, United States
entire network: 607 Posts
KitMaker Network: 0 Posts
Posted: Wednesday, May 07, 2003 - 02:10 PM UTC
#:-) nice to see im not the only one that does this. you guys have somenice set ups. So heres mine . have a good one TURRETTOAD 13 OUT.
DRAGONWAGON
Visit this Community
Noord-Brabant, Netherlands
entire network: 1,041 Posts
KitMaker Network: 298 Posts
Posted: Tuesday, May 13, 2003 - 06:37 PM UTC
Hiya scoccia, I'd say it's a modellers desease to have a disastrous looking workbench. I'm no exception to this rule. My wife is complaining all the time, but since I'm at the attick, and I can find everything I need blindfolded....I'm easy!!

All the best, John.
FAUST
Visit this Community
Noord-Holland, Netherlands
entire network: 8,797 Posts
KitMaker Network: 1,186 Posts
Posted: Tuesday, May 13, 2003 - 07:02 PM UTC
Ola people

Well this is my modeling corner. An office desk and small trolley that I could get for a small amount of money. I first got a modelling corner in my old room but that was a space that I had to share with my computer. Now the computer moved downwarths and I moved to the attic where now my room is and my modeling corner. The bookcase next to it is my "library" to have all the information by hand (have no pics of that though). Further all my "still to builts" are scattered through the whole attic. My Airbrushing happens in the workshed in a home made Sprayingbooth from an old stereocase and an old vacuumcleaner.
Here is a pic: I have tidied it up I have to say

As you can see I have my "modeling gods always waking for me left and right in the window Let`s see if someone can guess what they are and what their made of

More pics can be found on this link https://armorama.kitmaker.net/modules.php?set_albumName=albut36&op=modload&name=gallery&file=index&include=view_album.php

Posted: Wednesday, May 14, 2003 - 04:34 AM UTC
hi kiddies,
i see that y'all got some nice workbenches their. mine is no exception to the rule. i went to the hardware store to get my workbench, and now, just like everyone else it is covered in half-done figures, paint bottles all over the place, some PE here and their, and some partially done Panzers too. my organization is my mess i guess and i have a lot of fun on it.

it is only a mess if you cannot find what you are looking for

Chris Industrious Swine
Easy_Co
Visit this Community
England - South East, United Kingdom
entire network: 1,933 Posts
KitMaker Network: 814 Posts
Posted: Wednesday, May 14, 2003 - 08:46 AM UTC
Gentlemen I envy you.My work bench is the Kitchen table my storage facilities are two biscuit tins full of paints glue tools bits of string and the odd dead spider,when I air brush I open the doors to the garden. #:-)
scoccia
Visit this Community
Milano, Italy
entire network: 2,606 Posts
Posted: Wednesday, May 14, 2003 - 08:58 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Gentlemen I envy you.My work bench is the Kitchen table my storage facilities are two biscuit tins full of paints glue tools bits of string and the odd dead spider,when I air brush I open the doors to the garden.

Don't worry Easy, I'm sure you'll find your "vital space" soon!!!
Ciao
Augie
Visit this Community
British Columbia, Canada
entire network: 711 Posts
Posted: Wednesday, May 14, 2003 - 12:31 PM UTC
If a messy bench is the sign of a sane mind then I guess I get more and more sane as I work on each model! My bench is totally clean when I start a project and gets worse and worse as a go along! #:-)
DutchBird
Visit this Community
Zuid-Holland, Netherlands
entire network: 1,144 Posts
KitMaker Network: 230 Posts
Posted: Wednesday, May 14, 2003 - 06:29 PM UTC
Well, as I have to clear my desk everytime I model, it is an incentive to tidy up my room a bit (if in a mess, modelling becomes a bit difficult)... Also, the paint booth I am going to build could also double as a storage box when not in use...

keenan
Visit this Community
Indiana, United States
entire network: 5,272 Posts
KitMaker Network: 2,192 Posts
Posted: Thursday, May 15, 2003 - 01:17 AM UTC
The Bencho Da Keeno'

I'll see if I can't get better pics of the rest of the room. Have shelves o' stuff on the other side of the room. The unbuilt inventory is in an upstairs closet because the basement is damp...

#:-) #:-) #:-)
ekaufman
Visit this Community
Haifa, Israel
entire network: 217 Posts
Posted: Friday, May 16, 2003 - 09:09 AM UTC
I moved to a new house a two weeks ago, and i finally got my own hobby room, today i unpacked the boxes and setup my work space, i am realy pleasd with the result. just need to find a solution for painting indoors.
here's the picture
http://forums.ort.org.il/files/90/1760440/1715177.JPG
DutchBird
Visit this Community
Zuid-Holland, Netherlands
entire network: 1,144 Posts
KitMaker Network: 230 Posts
Posted: Friday, May 16, 2003 - 06:41 PM UTC
I visited someone a few days ago who had converted an old closet. He put on a fan/suction unit like one used above the cooking-furnace in the kitchen (hope I described it right... damn, it has been a long time since I did not know the English word for something), and a ductingpipe from a tumble dryer towards the window.

I myself are going to build a wooden one (about 80x50x50 cm), with a bathroom fan in the back, which can also serve as a storage box when not in use for painting. There is a good article for a spray-cabin in the features section (the diamond part).
yagdpanzer
Visit this Community
Ohio, United States
entire network: 415 Posts
Posted: Saturday, May 17, 2003 - 01:46 AM UTC
Sorry, no pic.

Finally got all yhe kids out of the house! So now I've taken over one of the bedrooms as my workshop. Picked up a 5 foot long office conference table and a swivel high backed chair at an office discount place. Also a small wooden desk from when the girls were in school set at right angles to the table. Put up shelves for the unbuilt stash.

Also a computer desk and tv round out the furnishings.

Much better than spending an hour geting everything out and setting up on the dining room table!
lonewolf
Visit this Community
Metro Manila, Philippines
entire network: 478 Posts
Posted: Saturday, May 17, 2003 - 03:36 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Quoted Text

Well I must say Gents.. some of yall have some outstanding space to work with... someday I shall have a nice one like kkeefe, man that is some set up you have there.. I'd love to have a detaild instructions fer yer lay out.. hehe that is if ya don't mind kkeefe

I don't mind at all Rattler... thanks for the comment!

That is about 15 years worth of setting up right there... picking at it here and there. When we first bought the house, I framed and paneled off the furnace room originally because I wanted to seal off the furnace equipment from the wood shop that I have on the other side of those walls.

Eventually I decided to move my 'ops' into that room and it just started out with an old picnic table covered with 1/8" thick masonite. Wanting to fill up that corner of the room, I built up the rest of the tables with 2x4s and 1x6 planks covered with masonite. I also made the shelving. I don't know off hand the exact dimensions, but it's is quite comfortable there. Plenty of room, it's warm in the winter, cool in the summer and most important it's dry down there. Only real problem is that I share it with the heating oil tank and the furnace. I have been modeling in that room for about 10 years now. Got a phone and stereo, but not enough outlets yet to put a small refridgerator in. (Does me good to get up and walk upstairs to get the beer.) Best of all, it's in the cellar, so if I get too clumsy (or drunk) and spill some paint or Bacardi, who cares....

Below is a pic of what's at my back.... Plenty of room to spread out and to have a guest or three maximum. A few almost all night building sessions there in the past drinkin' lots and lots of beer, sniffin' glue and resin and just having a good time with the guys. (Thanks must go out to the Mrs. here!) I have since added a First-Aid box. :-) The table is 1/2 of a ping-pong table.

If you need any more specifics, PM me if you'd like.

I do agree that there's some nice workshops being shown here!

Thats a big workplace! Lucky you....

All of you guys have nice and decent workplaces...

I envy you guys...

You're organized and all...

As for me, I work in my bedroom...On the floor...^_^

And sometimes paints spill...Very hard to clean up...

My bedroom walls have some stains of paint on them too...

Need to get organized pretty soon...

Thanks! Byebye!
 _GOTOTOP