_GOTOBOTTOM
 Community Forum: Singapore / 新加坡
Want to meet up with modelers in your country or region? This is the place.
Model Master Paint Range?
jazza
Visit this Community
Singapore / 新加坡
entire network: 2,709 Posts
KitMaker Network: 0 Posts
Posted: Saturday, January 26, 2008 - 10:56 AM UTC
Hey guys!

First off just popping in to say hi. Havent posted on this forum for a year but thats mainly due to me being more regular on the military modelling site. Good to see there is still some life around here.

Was just wondering if you guys knew of a site where im able to get the Model Master range of acrylic paints? Really hoping to get the Light Sand colour for my DML M1A2 SEP kit and would rather not have to resort to mixing paints. I sent an email to the guys at MWorkshop to find out but couldnt see any in their ebay listing.

Any help would be appreciated.
Danial
Visit this Community
Singapore / 新加坡
entire network: 693 Posts
KitMaker Network: 390 Posts
Posted: Saturday, January 26, 2008 - 01:25 PM UTC
Hi Jeremy, good to see you.

I'll pm you some shops that i THINK carry the model master paints.
jazza
Visit this Community
Singapore / 新加坡
Posted: Saturday, January 26, 2008 - 01:46 PM UTC
Thanks Danial.

Can you please email it to me instead? My email is [email protected].

Much appreciated.
kriegsketten
Vendor
ECHELON
Visit this Community
Singapore / 新加坡
entire network: 283 Posts
KitMaker Network: 96 Posts
Posted: Saturday, January 26, 2008 - 04:04 PM UTC

Quoted Text

Hi Jeremy, good to see you.

I'll pm you some shops that i THINK carry the model master paints.

Hi Danial,

I know you're very helpful - I have no doubt about that. However, I think it would benefit many from your info regarding which shop carries what range, don't you think? I mean isn't that is the whole point of sharing on the forum, please correct if I'm wrong here? If you PM here, PM there, it sounds like there's something to hide (secret recipe?).

Just my two cents, don't get offended by my comments. All for the good of sharing in this hobby of course.

Also, I like Model Master's Sand also - I use them for certain weathering/drybrushing effects. Not too bright nor dark.

Cheers!

P/S: Sorry I haven't responded about the FAMO - I'm having second thoughts - need it for projects...
Danial
Visit this Community
Singapore / 新加坡
Posted: Saturday, January 26, 2008 - 04:38 PM UTC

Quoted Text

If you PM here, PM there, it sounds like there's something to hide (secret recipe?).

Just my two cents, don't get offended by my comments. All for the good of sharing in this hobby of course.

P/S: Sorry I haven't responded about the FAMO - I'm having second thoughts - need it for projects...

:DNo worries mate, there's no secret recipe involve at all.
I fully understand what you mean sir.
About the Famo, its ok. I won't be needing it cause someone presented me a Famo with trailer yesterday. WeEeE!! I love women i donno how they do it but they do read my mind sometimes. Heheh.
Anyways, i'll be looking at your other offers though. I'll keep u in check.
kriegsketten
Vendor
ECHELON
Visit this Community
Singapore / 新加坡
Posted: Saturday, January 26, 2008 - 07:14 PM UTC

Quoted Text

:DNo worries mate, there's no secret recipe involve at all.
I fully understand what you mean sir.
About the Famo, its ok. I won't be needing it cause someone presented me a Famo with trailer yesterday. WeEeE!! I love women i donno how they do it but they do read my mind sometimes. Heheh.
Anyways, i'll be looking at your other offers though. I'll keep u in check.

Wow, good luck in building it mate (been there, done that - almost killed my hobby... haha) But are you sure they aren't expecting in return when their special day comes - like something shiny, glitters until you go blind, and the sizing system sounded like something rabbits like?

Sure man, if I got something I want to let go (kits), I'll let ya know!
jazza
Visit this Community
Singapore / 新加坡
Posted: Saturday, January 26, 2008 - 11:22 PM UTC
Cheers for the list Danial. I managed to place an order on the Great Model Webstore online site. Ordered about 8 bottles which should last me awhile.

Oh and definitely good luck with the Famo...looks to be quite a beast.

This M1A2 SEP alone is really testing my patience so cant imagine a Famo.
kriegsketten
Vendor
ECHELON
Visit this Community
Singapore / 新加坡
Posted: Sunday, January 27, 2008 - 12:24 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Cheers for the list Danial. I managed to place an order on the Great Model Webstore online site. Ordered about 8 bottles which should last me awhile.

Oh and definitely good luck with the Famo...looks to be quite a beast.

This M1A2 SEP alone is really testing my patience so cant imagine a Famo.

Yup, the above build nearly killed my hobby interest ... Sorry if you've seen this model too many times. Used two Aber sets on it, resin wheels and tarps, some scratch-building and engine wiring. I'm not going to mention all the effort that went into the Crusader as well...

Still got a Dragon Wagon (half-built), and Faun Franziska still in box. Now Trumpeter is releasing the MAZ transporter... Oooooh tempting!

Got the SEP kit too - only started the wheels! heheh. Mighty fine kit, you're gonna like it - just watch out for engine deck assembly. Did you get the AIM kit too?
Danial
Visit this Community
Singapore / 新加坡
Posted: Sunday, January 27, 2008 - 12:35 AM UTC
Leave the ladies to me. Boy i sure do regret getting the Famo. Well, looks like I'm going to chug it somewhere first. Find a safe place.

I skipped the Aim and Sep M1s. Never like M1, i prefer Chally and Leo.

Can i check with you, how long did u actually took to complete the whole Famo with trailer?
jazza
Visit this Community
Singapore / 新加坡
Posted: Sunday, January 27, 2008 - 10:31 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Got the SEP kit too - only started the wheels! heheh. Mighty fine kit, you're gonna like it - just watch out for engine deck assembly. Did you get the AIM kit too?

Yeah i got the AIM kit but got the SEP kit as a review sample so had to make a start on that first. Completed the engine intake grilles and moved onto the turret. The MGs are becoming quite the pain the a** too. I am incorporate the Eduard set and the Real Model accessory set so it should be quite decent.

Hows yours going?
kriegsketten
Vendor
ECHELON
Visit this Community
Singapore / 新加坡
Posted: Sunday, January 27, 2008 - 12:27 PM UTC

Quoted Text

Quoted Text

Yeah i got the AIM kit but got the SEP kit as a review sample so had to make a start on that first. Completed the engine intake grilles and moved onto the turret. The MGs are becoming quite the pain the a** too. I am incorporate the Eduard set and the Real Model accessory set so it should be quite decent.

Hows yours going?

Going slow - just got the wheels off the sprue and glued the halves together - that's it! Got the AIM kit as well, about 90% completed, don't know what's holding me back - I seem distracted lately with too many ideas, projects and subjects in my head. I've got an idea about the wheels though - thinking of putting real oil in the hubs, so that when you attach the clear caps the oil level will show up just like the real thing! After that you'll just have to seal it up correctly and it should last a lifetime - since oil doesn't evaporate like water. The question is what kind of oil that has high viscosity? I'm thinking of the leftover air-compressor oil that I still have.. haha
jazza
Visit this Community
Singapore / 新加坡
Posted: Sunday, January 27, 2008 - 02:15 PM UTC
I know exactly what you mean by being too distracted. Mid way through my SEP kit, im thinking about doing the latest Tamiya JS2 kit. Im guessing its going to come together alot easier than this SEP kit. Feeling like DML went a little overboard with the detailing.

As for oil on the hubs, im not sure about using real oil although i dont see why it cant work. I'm probably just going to use clear resin to simulate the oil.

_GOTOTOP