_GOTOBOTTOM
Modeling in General
General discussions about modeling topics.
Dioramoholic at large!!
CaptainJack
Visit this Community
Luxembourg, Belgium
entire network: 793 Posts
KitMaker Network: 0 Posts
Posted: Thursday, April 11, 2002 - 03:58 AM UTC
:-) :-) :-) Jack is Back!! Check out the four dioramas in the gallery if you get a chance. I'll be adding to them and eventually posting a few others.

Jack the Dioramaholic

All comments welcomed (kinda sorta)
Kencelot
Visit this Community
Florida, United States
entire network: 4,268 Posts
KitMaker Network: 1,174 Posts
Posted: Thursday, April 11, 2002 - 04:22 AM UTC
Very nice Capt. I especially like the "Ashes to Ashes"!
m1garand
Visit this Community
Washington, United States
entire network: 1,248 Posts
Posted: Thursday, April 11, 2002 - 04:25 AM UTC
Yes, very nice Cap'n
CaptainJack
Visit this Community
Luxembourg, Belgium
Posted: Thursday, April 11, 2002 - 04:38 AM UTC
:-) Captain Jack says thanks as he enters the PX to buy a cover two sizes larger. Thanks guys. Any pointers you might have are also appreciated. Note the sequence of the builds was Last Banzai, Ashes, Requiem, Shalom/Salam (latest). I'm going to post a Gulf War one I did in Custom Dioramics' Battle Honours book, called The wolf in sheeps clothing. I have several new projects underway including the following:

1. Desert wildflowers, two egyptians sighting in on a 3rd batch series M51 c. 1967
2. Untitled An M51, 2nd batch series, admiring a Burnt out Egyptian T34/85
3. A Greek SAS "Helios Lokos" diorama in a ruined Greek temple "Shade of the past"
4. "Via Doloroski" A diorama around the Polish 2nd corps in Ancona.
5." The last shot of the War" A 1/16th scale scene of two wounded SS (officer, wounded and NCO protecting" holed up in a building while the Russkies force the door

I also have several others in prog but need to work on the titles. This aspect is VERY important to me, In fact I think I'll develop a separate thread on the subject WHADDYASAY???
:-) :-) :-) :-)
AndersHeintz
Visit this Community
Texas, United States
entire network: 2,250 Posts
KitMaker Network: 266 Posts
Posted: Thursday, April 11, 2002 - 04:48 AM UTC
Jack...

Seems like you have so many ideas for diramas...why dont you give me a couple of ideas...and Ill do them lol!! think of one with figures though
m60a3
Visit this Community
Georgia, United States
entire network: 778 Posts
Posted: Thursday, April 11, 2002 - 04:49 AM UTC
Hey Jack,

Nice dios. Can you provide some background to "Requiem", such as who the BRDM belongs to?
CaptainJack
Visit this Community
Luxembourg, Belgium
Posted: Thursday, April 11, 2002 - 05:52 AM UTC
:-) Wow sure, and Surprise I just busted 100 posts!! The BRDM is the old Dragon kit in the Scene this is represented as having been a Croat vehicle (If I remember correctly) In fact the "Marina" T-55 took 3 months to build and is based upon the Esci kit. It carries the Croat Checkerboard on the turret. I'll look up the exact details over the WE, and fill you in. I had to extensively rework the SA-9 as there were numerous short comings. I wrote this as a feature for Model Fan Magazine (Germany) and it is one of the few articles which unfortunately were never published ARRRGGGHHH!!!!!!! I recommend a boycott until they do me right! Anders I'll think you up a goodie!

Jack be peeeveed
Maki
Staff MemberSenior Editor
ARMORAMA
Visit this Community
Croatia Hrvatska
entire network: 5,579 Posts
KitMaker Network: 538 Posts
Posted: Thursday, April 11, 2002 - 07:04 AM UTC

Quoted Text

The BRDM is the old Dragon kit in the Scene this is represented as having been a Croat vehicle (If I remember correctly) In fact the "Marina" T-55 took 3 months to build and is based upon the Esci kit. It carries the Croat Checkerboard on the turret.

Jack, good work on "Marina".. I have seen that exact vehicle about 10 years ago, haven't took pictures then (well, I was just a kid, what did I know... ), but I saw some nice pics of the tank in the "War in the Balkans" book... You did a good job. As for the large Checkerboards, those were painted almost to all the captured vehicles back then. If it is possible, I'd like to see some more pics of "Marina" and Croat soldiers from your diorama....

Good job on the BRDM camo, too...

Mario the Croat

CaptainJack
Visit this Community
Luxembourg, Belgium
Posted: Thursday, April 11, 2002 - 07:10 AM UTC
:-) Thanks Mario. I'll do some new shoots on this and post them up during the week.

Cheers
screamingeagle
Visit this Community
Connecticut, United States
entire network: 1,027 Posts
KitMaker Network: 269 Posts
Posted: Thursday, April 11, 2002 - 10:49 PM UTC
Hi Capt !
Nice work, i really like the StuG.
Do you have any advise on indoor phtography ?
My pic's alwys come out too dark - It's driving me nuts !
KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK.
- ralph
HunterCottage
Visit this Community
Stockholm, Sweden
entire network: 1,717 Posts
KitMaker Network: 590 Posts
Posted: Thursday, April 11, 2002 - 11:12 PM UTC
Great stuff Cap'n!! Really great stuff!! How do you get the figures to bend so well?? Do you chop em' up and glue them back together or do you heat em' and bend them??

Great stuff...I said that already but it is GREAT STUFF
CaptainJack
Visit this Community
Luxembourg, Belgium
Posted: Friday, April 12, 2002 - 02:32 AM UTC
:-) Thanks a million. I generally chop the guys up at the waist, elbows and knees. I the insert a small section of brass rod. This allows you to fiddle about and obtain truely realistic poses. It is kinda like sculpting without all the pain. Fill in the sections missing using two part epoxt compoud, i.e. Milliput. And bingo realistic figures. Generally, I never build a figure out of the box. These are made for the simplification of production. We have been fighting against this by creating animated figures which won't require major surgery. Do not hesitate to swap parts on figures and add things like, bandages, medals, eye-glasses, new head gear etc. This can go along way towards, completely modifying a stock figure. Once again thanks for your kind encouragement, makes me want to start another new diorama!!

Jack :-) :-)
CaptainJack
Visit this Community
Luxembourg, Belgium
Posted: Friday, April 12, 2002 - 03:01 AM UTC
Thanks Eagle good buddy, I think this might make a good thread. I'll start one and give a couple of tricks there. I'm sure others can fill in as well.

Thanks again

Jack
screamingeagle
Visit this Community
Connecticut, United States
entire network: 1,027 Posts
KitMaker Network: 269 Posts
Posted: Friday, April 12, 2002 - 05:41 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Thanks Eagle good buddy, I think this might make a good thread. I'll start one and give a couple of tricks there. I'm sure others can fill in as well.

Thanks again

Jack

Hi Jack - That would be great. I'd look forward to that.
Again - Excellent work !
- ralph
 _GOTOTOP