_GOTOBOTTOM
Modeling in General
General discussions about modeling topics.
How many models do you have, built & unbuilt
Armor135
Visit this Community
Ohio, United States
entire network: 335 Posts
KitMaker Network: 101 Posts
Posted: Wednesday, April 10, 2002 - 02:58 AM UTC
Yup...Another poll question. How many models do you guys have either in the display cases, shelves, boxes upon boxes in the closet, or ones that you are working on? Tanks, Planes, Cars, Figures, and all the other models there are???

I just started building armor about 3 years ago and have about 15 kits but only a few are really any good. I have abother 15 kits that I stil have to build. And iam working on 3 guntruck conversions :-) and a M88 all from AFV Club, Model Valley and Kirin.
well thats what I have how about all of you??

Mike
Bluefalcon47
Visit this Community
Netherlands
entire network: 255 Posts
KitMaker Network: 0 Posts
Posted: Wednesday, April 10, 2002 - 03:06 AM UTC
Oh, I have, let's see, about 200 give or take a few? :-)
So you're either a lot more disciplined than I am when it comes to buying kits (I just GOTTA have it when I see one I like....) OR you have even less space than me......
I have to admit that those are ALL my models not just the armor ones (so it includes aircraft, cars, sci-fi and even a ship LOL).
Red4
Visit this Community
California, United States
entire network: 4,287 Posts
KitMaker Network: 824 Posts
Posted: Wednesday, April 10, 2002 - 03:18 AM UTC
In a way I envy you guys......but then again. Ever try moving over 1600 miles with over 850+- models? Its a little un-nerving... lol. All those are still in the boxes and consist of everything from Sci-fi to cars, figures of all sizes, some dinosaurs, alot of armor and a lot of aircraft and 1 big 1/350 USS Enterprise. Of the ones I have completed I have two display cases. One is for my armor, figures, and what little Sci-fi I have, the other is for my Aircraft and what few cars I have. Currently underway is a 1940 ford Woody, M60A1 with KMT4 Mine rollers, OA-4M Skyhawk, 1/12 Scratchbuilt hover tank based around the old ESCI 1/12 F-16 cockpits, a 1/24 NASCAR for a friend and some 1/35 figure conversions for an upcoming diorama. On the 1:1 scale projects I'm getting my own workshop underway so I can move out of the basement and have my own area. Total thta is built nuber somewhere around 75 to 100. The collection is steadily growing, but I hope to get more stuff built. I might thin the pile here before too long just to make room.......for more models of course!!! "Q"
GunTruck
Visit this Community
entire network: 5,885 Posts
KitMaker Network: 1,405 Posts
Posted: Wednesday, April 10, 2002 - 03:28 AM UTC
Too many - in every state (boxed, opened, partially assembled, painted, and finished)

Gunnie
YodaMan
Visit this Community
United States
entire network: 1,561 Posts
KitMaker Network: 485 Posts
Posted: Wednesday, April 10, 2002 - 04:31 AM UTC
Heh, before I found out about what Fine Molds was doing with plastic I had no way of possibly comprehending how people could have hundereds of unbuilt kits. Like BlueFalcon said,
Quoted Text

I just GOTTA have it when I see one I like

Whenever I see one I want online or at the store, I just think 'You never know, it may not be here next time.' Then I get it, look at all the parts, put it back in the box and put it on the shelf to be worked on 'when I'm ready......' I think the description of the modelbuilding hobby should include 'collecting kits of interest', if it dosen't already.... But back to your question,
I've got 8 built models, I've thrown away a number over the years; Technically only one in-progress (pieces glued and painted); And 12 unbuilt. That number will go up to 16 when my order from Fine Molds arrives....

YodaMan
Ranger74
Visit this Community
Tennessee, United States
entire network: 1,290 Posts
KitMaker Network: 480 Posts
Posted: Wednesday, April 10, 2002 - 08:12 AM UTC
Uh oh, can't let any spouses see this thread. I have 7 or 8 completed pieces of early WW2 Russian armor complete in my room, another half dozen kits i built 20 years ago that need rebuild, two helicopters, six tween-wars Navy/Army aircraft and two Polish armored cars on my workbench. There are about 170 kit, covering the full sprectrum in the attic. I been culling the herd to get rid of tehstrays in which I have lost interest.
Hollowpoint
Visit this Community
Kansas, United States
entire network: 2,748 Posts
KitMaker Network: 841 Posts
Posted: Wednesday, April 10, 2002 - 08:41 AM UTC
I had luck posting last night, so I'll try again now

I have about 100 built kits...everything from armor to figures to dios to movie/sci-fi stuff...mostly U.S. WWII armor and representatives of major vehicles from the major WWII powers. About 20 of them are Sherman variants. A few are at the office, but most are on display in cases in our living room.

On the bench are about a dozen partially built vehicles and figures (probably more, if I look a little harder). Right now, a DML T26E3 has my attention. I also work on a M26 Dragon Wagon dio on weekends when I can get the kitchen table (no room on the bench).

Out in the garage are about 200-300 unbuilt kits. I've been meaning to catalog them, but haven't. Among the unbuilt are a few collectible kits that will never be built (by me, at least), as well as a number of aircraft and car kits bought on whims or won as door prizes ("Hey buddy, wanna trade?). Also in the garage are a couple large boxes of kits I built when I was a kid (anyone remember the Aurora "Prehistoric Scenes" series? I got about a dozen of 'em) that I intend to restore/rebuild someday (yeah, right).

Maybe I'll post a disposal list here to get rid of some of the stuff I know I'll never build.
sgtreef
Visit this Community
Oklahoma, United States
entire network: 6,043 Posts
KitMaker Network: 1,603 Posts
Posted: Wednesday, April 10, 2002 - 09:05 AM UTC
God I only have about 100 plus right now.
Chappy_ju87
Visit this Community
Ohio, United States
entire network: 146 Posts
Posted: Wednesday, April 10, 2002 - 09:08 AM UTC
Currently I have about 120 un-builts with a few more on the way from e-bay. I would say I have about 30 built kits. Of the 120 I would say it is about a 50-50 mix of armor and aircraft with a few ships in there also. But I agree with BlueFalcon, when I see it, I have to have it.....
E23C
Visit this Community
Ontario, Canada
entire network: 238 Posts
KitMaker Network: 70 Posts
Posted: Wednesday, April 10, 2002 - 11:00 AM UTC
Have about 200 unbuilt and around 50 built on the shelves,of those 50 ,8 are Armour the rest are 1/48th aircraft. Currently I am building Armour 1/35th scale all WWII stuff both allied and axis. Yep for sure cant let any spouse's see this post :-)
YodaMan
Visit this Community
United States
Posted: Wednesday, April 10, 2002 - 09:00 PM UTC

Quoted Text

Maybe I'll post a disposal list here to get rid of some of the stuff I know I'll never build.

Hmmm, If you've got any sci-fi stuff I'd be interested! (Star Wars, Aliens) Of course, tank models too!

YodaMan
Envar
Visit this Community
Uusimaa, Finland
entire network: 1,088 Posts
Posted: Wednesday, April 10, 2002 - 09:18 PM UTC
Err...one dio finished, one in progress...
Three next dios on the paper...
I do have about 10 unfinished planes in the cellar but somehow my interest in them dried...10 yrs ago.
Btw, has anyone made one of those pilot chest figure + 1/48 plane packs? I think they´re from Hasegawa(not sure). If so, how do they look? Does it work fine?

Toni
Sabot
entire network: 12,596 Posts
KitMaker Network: 2,557 Posts
Posted: Wednesday, April 10, 2002 - 10:12 PM UTC

Quoted Text

Ever try moving over 1600 miles with over 850+- models?

Yes, several times. I still have unbuilt kits from when I was in college in the early to mid 80s as well as completed kits from even earlier. Most have been travelling with me for pretty near 2 decades.
Tin_Can
Visit this Community
Florida, United States
entire network: 1,560 Posts
KitMaker Network: 344 Posts
Posted: Wednesday, April 10, 2002 - 10:17 PM UTC
Jeez, some of you guys have so many kits. Unreal. I have exactly 3 armor pieces and 1 P-51 built and 1 F-18 in progress with 3 planes laying in waiting. Small scale compared to most of you...lol!
YodaMan
Visit this Community
United States
Posted: Wednesday, April 10, 2002 - 10:21 PM UTC

Quoted Text

Jeez, some of you guys have so many kits. Unreal. I have exactly 3 armor pieces and 1 P-51 built and 1 F-18 in progress with 3 planes laying in waiting. Small scale compared to most of you...lol!

I thought that owning over 100 kits was a requirement for being promoted to major on this site!

YodaMan
Michel
Visit this Community
France
entire network: 95 Posts
KitMaker Network: 33 Posts
Posted: Wednesday, April 10, 2002 - 10:49 PM UTC
From the Aurora' s Forgotten Prisonner to the Skybow M 38A1 ( great kit, this one ! ), I ' ve may be 300-400 ( I stop the body-count ! )......
I ' m happy to know I ' m not ALONE....!
Of course, most of them ' re in various derelict state.....Some days, I ' ll.............
That ' s life !
' ve a nice day !
Tin_Can
Visit this Community
Florida, United States
entire network: 1,560 Posts
KitMaker Network: 344 Posts
Posted: Wednesday, April 10, 2002 - 11:17 PM UTC
{quote] I thought that owning over 100 kits was a requirement for being promoted to major on this site!

YodaMan[/quote]

No, No...they'll let anybody post here...just look at me! :-)
Bravo-Comm
Visit this Community
Texas, United States
entire network: 525 Posts
Posted: Thursday, April 11, 2002 - 12:45 AM UTC
"Let's See" I have 7 built (6 WW-2 A/C- 1 Modern -Armor Tank) And I have 5 unbuilt
of which 2 are WW-2 A/C 1 M1A1 in process, And 1 F-15E Strike Eagle, plus one ship that will eventuallt get built. And then there are 3 armour peices on their way to me from an outside source. And then I plan on buying about 5 other models of which are both A/C and Armour related. BUT only AFTER the first group get's completed most likely by late fall.

DAGGER : A weapon with a short pointed Blade : "THE CUTTING EDGE"
Red4
Visit this Community
entire network: 4,287 Posts
KitMaker Network: 824 Posts
Posted: Thursday, April 11, 2002 - 12:47 AM UTC
Rob,
Moving with that many kits is fun huh? lol. I am so glad that I am finished moving, at least with uncle sugar anways. I have finally been able to unpack all of my kits and see them at one time instead of digging through box upon box to find something. "Q"
BillyBishop
Visit this Community
Ontario, Canada
entire network: 347 Posts
Posted: Thursday, April 11, 2002 - 08:32 AM UTC
Hehe well I just moved from the basement to the upstairs of my house and I can say I have 22 unbuilt pieces of armour. I have roughly 6 or 7 finished with 3 in the half finished box,

As for figures they don't count

MSW
CaptainJack
Visit this Community
Luxembourg, Belgium
entire network: 793 Posts
Posted: Thursday, April 11, 2002 - 08:46 AM UTC
OH God!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I own a shop. It goes like this... One for the shop one for me, two for the shop three for me. Three for the shop five for me. I have an entire room stacked all four walls floor to cieling (the height of me with somone on my shoulders. The subject matter is basically, Armour, a minor in japanese 1:48th scale aircraft (I've never yet built one!!) Helicopters, every single 1/32-1/35th kit. One Tamiya race car. One of nearly every single 120mm figure produced (except when a couple of Verlindens got rigormortis) All the Biggies waiting to be built, Grman locomotives, Patriot system, M911 and Talbot trailer. Crimminy I must be well over 2,000. cases upon cases of 54mm figure warriors Jaguar, Verlinden DREAM CATCHER (hint hint), The wierd the wacky, the extra cool it's all there, or nearly. I've recently sold off somme WW2 German stuff, I need to concentrate if I want to finish all this in five lifetimes!! I'm more concentrated now on US WW2, and modern, with a major in IDF equipmant. But I still love those large scale figures!

Jack be overwhelmed
matt
Staff MemberCampaigns Administrator
Visit this Community
New York, United States
entire network: 5,957 Posts
KitMaker Network: 2,626 Posts
Posted: Friday, April 12, 2002 - 10:35 AM UTC
I've been "Threatened" not to buy any more kits.(doesn't include figures & accy's)
thank god....
Posted: Thursday, May 16, 2002 - 11:50 AM UTC
i have about 70 kits in very stages of disrepair. armor, softskins, figs., artillery and others various sundries. my wife doesn't mind what i have as long as i build what i have got before i buy anymore.

confucius say, "have too much in room, leave no place to sit down".............ah, so
lightningdon
Visit this Community
West Virginia, United States
entire network: 79 Posts
Posted: Friday, May 17, 2002 - 03:45 AM UTC
WOW, I'm letting my wife read this post! She thinks I'm nuts having @ 50 unbuilt kits in the shop. When she sees how many kits the rest of you have, she'll HAVE to give me the OK to buy 15 or 20 more! As soon as I see a few kits I like ,I buy 'em!

Unbuilt I have @ 20 1/25 cars, 20 1/35 military(AFV's and helicopters), 4 RC airplanes, and a few assorted boats, figures etc.

Built I have @ 15 cars, 12 1/35 military kits, 11 RC airplanes, 1 wooden ship.

Don
GunTruck
Visit this Community
entire network: 5,885 Posts
KitMaker Network: 1,405 Posts
Posted: Friday, May 17, 2002 - 04:41 AM UTC
I checked two days ago - STILL too many

Gunnie
 _GOTOTOP